• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favorite curry?

Favorite curry?

• Vindaloo

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Madras

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Korma

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Rogan Josh

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Saag

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Stephen

• Tikka Masala

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Jalfrezi

• Red curry

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Green curry

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Yellow curry

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Massaman

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jamaican

• Ceylon

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Portuguese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Afghan

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 28 23.1%

• Total voters

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Ok so some of us love them , some of us hate them! One of the finest foods available, the smell, the taste, the spice, the hotness and the glorious different tastes from so many curry's from around the world!

Recently, I was fortunate enough to visit Houston where we had the opportunity of visiting a famous curry house which was featured in The Man VS Food episode. Amazing food and probably the best I had ever tasted!

So my question to you all is;

What is your favorite curry, meat or veg, what nan, what rice?

Fbh

I don't really know most of these.
The only ones I can find where I lie are Thai curry pastes (Red, Green and Yellow). But I love those, I usually make Red Thai curry once a week

badblue

iu

Japanese Curry is my favorite but I'm not saying no to any curry.

Davey Cakes

Saag is my pick for Indian food. One of my local places does it with dark meat and it's fantastic.

Second to that, I'd say Thai Red Curry, especially when made with duck.

There is not a single item on the list (sans Stephen) that I wouldn't eat though. I love ethnic foods and curries.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Katsu (chicken)
Chicken or lamb Tikka masala
Lamb Rogan josh
Paratha
Thai green
I’m more into the aromatic stuff and need mild. I can’t take heat lol
Korma
Lamb passanda
Garlic and coriander naan. Basmati rice

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Ok so some of us love them , some of us hate them! One of the finest foods available, the smell, the taste, the spice, the hotness and the glorious different tastes from so many curry's from around the world!

Recently, I was fortunate enough to visit Houston where we had the opportunity of visiting a famous curry house which was featured in The Man VS Food episode. Amazing food and probably the best I had ever tasted!

So my question to you all is;

What is your favorite curry, meat or veg, what nan, what rice?
You need to come to brick lane in London or Birmingham (UK)

Sort you right out.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not a fan of curry in general, but if I had to pick some, I'd go with the thai ones that are red or green. Not a fan of all those brown Indian curries.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I actually just like a Chinese Chicken Curry with Egg Fried Rice & Chips
Also I have to have it from my local which I've been going to since the 90's
The rest don't taste or look the same.
I couldn't even post a picture from the internet has they don't look as nice.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

At a very specific restaurant near Atlanta, it would easily be rogan josh for me. But I don't think there's a curry I've had yet I don't like. It's all good!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Orange Thai Curry with fried Tofu, level 10+ spice. I enjoy going to the Indian buffets because you can have all the curry and naan you can eat.

Codes 208

I forget the specifc name but thai peanut sautéed curry is by and large my favorite (but i also enjoy tikka masala)

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
traditional Sri Lankan fish curry.

Unique taste, bursting with flavours.

trust me when I say, it's life changing. I've cooked this for family, friends and whenever they try it they are blown away. It can be tricky to find Goraka, or Garcinia cambogia, a dried tropical fruit that gives it the unique taste. Tamarind paste is often used as a substitute but it is nothing in comparison imho.

5SEQ5VHXORC2NAXUDTCZCVKRFQ.jpg

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
For me it has to be the Thai Red Duck Curry.

Proof that the divine exists because some god must have shared this recipe with the Thai people in the past, in exchange for their souls. Because no mortal in their right mind would have thought that combining pineapple, lychees, tomatoes, bamboo, roast duck, chilli would work right?

images

GeekyDad

For me it has to be the Thai Red Duck Curry.

Proof that the divine exists because some god must have shared this recipe with the Thai people in the past, in exchange for their souls. Because no mortal in their right mind would have thought that combining pineapple, lychees, tomatoes, bamboo, roast duck, chilli would work right?

images
That looks...dangerous.

ahtlas7

Lamb Korma, even better if I can get the chef to add some heat to it.
Add some basmati & buttered naan
beautiful

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Anyone saying Steph makes my internal death listen.

Eat shit Warriors fans.

Top Bottom