• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite type of salsa?

favorite salsa?

• Roja

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Verde

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Amarillo

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Pico de Gallo

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Negra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fruit-based (peach, mango, or pineapple)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Poblana

• Chimichurri

• Pebre

• Aji Dulce

• Criolla

• Macha

• Other (please mention)

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I love salsa. With meals or just snackin' on chips, its my favorite. Feel free to share your favorite recipes, and what's you're favorite brand when tomatoes are out of season?
During tomato season I make fresh at least once a month, and don't normally follow a set recipe.
I love to fire-roast some of the 'maters on the Egg, leave some fresh, then add fresh green chile, or roasted green chile, red chile, cilantro, fresh garlic, sometimes a flavored vinegar, salt.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Good Burger Reading GIF

I love salsa. With meals or just snackin' on chips, its my favorite. Feel free to share your favorite recipes, and what's you're favorite brand when tomatoes are out of season?
During tomato season I make fresh at least once a month, and don't normally follow a set recipe.
I love to fire-roast some of the 'maters on the Egg, leave some fresh, then add fresh green chile, or roasted green chile, red chile, cilantro, fresh garlic, sometimes a flavored vinegar, salt.

You should do a favorite Pizza Thread next

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm a simple man. Homemade pico is my go-to.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I like extremely hot salsas, but the after effect on my a-hole prevents me from indulging.
Extremely hot salsas were cooked up by some dude in his parents basement as some e-peen measuring contest. Salsas are about the flavor and the heat. Having said that if you want some very hot store bought salsa that still has flavor try El Yucateco most grocery carry them.
YM2xdVP.jpg

Laieon

I like extremely hot salsas, but the after effect on my a-hole prevents me from indulging.

It's honestly not as hot as you would think.

I'd recommend their salsa line regardless (Ghost Pepper is my favorite, but they have a wide variety of different flavors). They make some incredibly tasty, flavor filled stuff. Pretty much all of the major chains carry their stuff where I'm at (Texas), but that might just be regional.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
It's honestly not as hot as you would think.

I'd recommend their salsa line regardless (Ghost Pepper is my favorite, but they have a wide variety of different flavors). They make some incredibly tasty, flavor filled stuff. Pretty much all of the major chains carry their stuff where I'm at (Texas), but that might just be regional.
Aye, I've tried their ghost pepper queso and it is damn good. 😊

Top Bottom