• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frustrated with Contact Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that kind of sucks about me wearing contact lenses is it makes looking at screens (computer, theater, television) a pain to look at and my eyes feel really strained.

Xapati

I tried contacts, but never could get the hang of it. My eyes just got irritated like fuck even after months. So I simply gave up.

Glasses are in style right now anyway.

HankToms

Joe Shlabotnik said:
Use your other hand?

I take the contact out of the case with one hand and put it on the tip of my index finger on the other hand. Then I put an extra drop of solution into the contact, pull my lower lid down with my middle finger and push the contact in with the index finger on the same hand.

It definitely takes practice and I don't wear them that much anymore out of laziness, and I hate the dry/irritated feeling I get at the end of the day. But they're a great option and I do see a lot better with them than with glasses.

I do this too, it really helps the contact go into your eye.

-Index Finger not too wet (you can hold contact on other hand, then you can just blow your main index finger to dry it slightly)
-1 or 2 drops of contact solution on contact (it should be a puddle on the inside of the contact)
-I use my two middle fingers to hold open my eye lids and my index finger with the contact on the tip. (left middle finger holding up, right holding down, while the index goes right in the middle)
-If it hurts when you put it in, then you might try to put it in your palm and rinse and rub to clean it, then try again. (Even the smallest dirt that you can't see can irritate your eye)

Yeah, I'll keep going with my spectacles, thanks very much. At least, until there's greater assurance about the long-term quality provided by LASIK surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom