• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck you Twitter / X | Firefox strict mode users are locked out

Kupfer

I don't know if it's the same for other users here, but I haven't been able to see any posted content from Twitter / X for a few days now.
That's a shame, because a lot of news here is simply posted as a link that refers to the platform.

The error message is the following

TU2STDb.png

" Firefox's Enhanced Tracking Protection (Strict Mode) is known to cause issues on x.com"

On Reddit it is suspected that the change comes from Twitter / X and is intentional to "force" users to disclose their data.

Too bad, so many news and posts here will no longer be readable for me and possibly other GAFers.

A workaround would of course be for the respective author of a comment to post a screenshot of the tweet with a source reference underneath.

However, since this is more effort than copy pasting a link, I can understand that no one will probably make the effort here.

Kupfer

This. Unless you are working in the entertainment industry or in the position that requires you to use Twitter nobody cares about your opinion. Stop arguing with randoms on the internet.
I have no account and no points of contact with Twitter / X, except for this forum here.
As I said, a lot of information is simply copied and pasted here, so you lose a lot if you can no longer see the tweets.

KrakenIPA

I have no account and no points of contact with Twitter / X, except for this forum here.
As I said, a lot of information is simply copied and pasted here, so you lose a lot if you can no longer see the tweets.
Homogenized news feeds?! Gasp!

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
For me it wasn't working a few days ago, then it started working, now it isn't again.

Fuck that, I'm not gonna change anything on my side as I only go there to read single tweets.
I only use it to read. Sometimes I get heated and want to say something, but... nah. Fuck engagement.

Miles708

If the website blocks you for trying to limit marketing trackers, your browser is doing its job.
Also it'll work again in a bit, it comes and goes.
I use Firefox also on mobile and the amount of data and battery (and sanity) i save by uBlocking all ads on the internet is mind-boggling

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I remember using FF probably 15+ years ago. It was all the rage as it was faster than IE. Then it became super slow for me, so I switched to Chrome and never went back. I have dabbled with Edge here and there, but ended up going back to Chrome.

Top Bottom