• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Mojo Rampage |OT| Do you Voodoo?

KanedaGS

Welcome to the world of Full Mojo Rampage where you get to control a Voodoo keeper throughout his adventures. As the player you’ll need to guide him safely through each level whilst hunting for voodoo dolls and mojos. These mojos can be found throughout the game in the form of amulets that bring him strength and luck. They also unleash an array of other powers that you can craft to your own advantage in order to truly master the terrible powers of Voodoo.

jM9Yzlzl.jpg

Full Mojo Rampage is built around a fast-paced, action RPG shooter with rogue-like elements with a heavy emphasis on multiplayer. The single-player story mode features randomly generated levels, guaranteeing that no two playthroughs will be the same. Multiplayer allows for cooperative play with your friends as well as competitive game modes like capture the flag and team deathmatch.

Developer/Publisher:
Over the Top Games

Distribution:
Steam (PC) / Developer’s Website

Genre:
Isometric action rogue-like

Modes:
Single-player and Multiplayer (Co-op and competitive)

Price:
$20 with Steam code and DRM free version

Release Date:
TBA, maybe Q4?

http://www.fullmojorampage.com/

• A variety of game modes with a focus on action, exploration and some roleplaying elements
  • Unique “class” system that revolves around choosing a voodoo god each with their own special powers and attributes
  • A plethora of enemy types that become more challenging and deadly as you progress
  • Tons of unlockable items and power-ups

Full Mojo Rampage - Trailer & Presentation HD

Full Mojo Rampage - Teaser Trailer (Official)

7rsU5em.png

Hardcore Gamer Alpha Preview

Q: Who is your daddy and what does he do?
A: Based in Madrid, Spain, Over the Top Games, is an independent developer best known for the critically-acclaimed game NyxQuest and The Fancy Pants Adventures. Founded in 2008, Over the Top Games is committed to creating fun and innovative games that push the limits of arts and entertainment. Our team mission is to create games that contain that special *magic* that stands out above all else.

Q: Where can I get the game and how much does it cost?
A: The game is currently in alpha and available for players that pre-order the game at www.fullmojorampage.com. There are also tiered reward levels depending on how much you pledge. See below.

W8p7w3ol.jpg

gOVLIiHl.jpg

MjwY0Bjl.jpg

80NkBhAl.jpg

thB4U2Tl.jpg

72R4YbCl.jpg

Q: How can I make a difference?
Over the Top Games will post updates in their blog regarding development and upcoming features. They plan to improve Full Mojo Rampage based on community feedback to create the best game they can.

Dakota47

GAF doesn't seem to have found this game yet. Me neither - I stumbled upon it through this reddit post from the devs about the 1.0 version being out since Friday. Picked it up on a whim and played about an hour. Looks great, plays smooth, very enjoyable. Makes a good first impression.

Frenden

Banned
I've got about seven hours in at this point. I really, really like it, so I thought reviving this thread was worth the hassle.

The art direction is fun and some of the lighting effects (like a dimly lit dungeon illuminated by your character as he walks its corridors) are downright purty.

Gameplay wise, it reminds me a bit of Diablo, Spelunky, Chaos Engine, and Rogue Legacy. Put them in a blender, add daily challenges, randomly generated levels, and a survival mode, and you're getting close.

There's persistence despite the roguelike structure in the form of permanent stat buffs and accessories for your character. Picking the right combination of accessories, classes, and stat builds is augmented by run-bound pickups in the game world too.

I think it's worth a look. It's good enough that I feel bad more folks haven't heard of it.

Top Bottom