• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fulltime Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecrofirt

FTK_BG_r1_c1.gif

Thoughts and opinionatos!

The movie rocked! Who did you like better, O or Tok?
fulltime%20killer-2.jpg
fulltime%20killer-3.jpg

Tok was awesome. I liked him much better than O.

The movie was stylish and fun, and I had a blast watching it.
Is Andy Lau in any other movies? He was awesome.

B'z-chan

Banned
I think i liked o more just cause he reminds me of the guy from GTO (live action, dont know if it was him) but none the less it was a awsome movie. Watched it a lot on VCD. Another good one is Infernal Affairs 1 its similar but instead of assasins its mob and cops. Really good stuff.

The ending of FK is depressing to me though for some reason.

Nemrael

Tok was the best. He didn't just boringly execute people like O did, he was more flamboyant and tried to put on a show and make it more interesting for the bystanders (that survive).

For Andy Lau movies definately check out Infernal Affairs, one of the best HK movies, Running out of Time is also very good, and Running on Karma is good too. Love on a Diet is also good if you're after a wacky romantic comedy, which you might not be...

The excellent LoveHKfilm website has a list of his films if you want to check out others.

Prince

i bought the dvd a while ago based on some positive reviews but after seeing it twice i still think it sucks. the plot is just really weak and i hate the english parts also the action doesnt save it for me.

Ninjarabe

Banned
For Andy Lau movies:

God of Gamblers (with Chow Yun Fat)
God of Gamblers 2 (with Stephen Chow)
Tricky Brains (With Stephen Chow)
Running Out of Time
Infernal Affairs I & III (with Tony Leung Chiu-wai)

Jacobi

Banned
Prince said:
i bought the dvd a while ago based on some positive reviews but after seeing it twice i still think it sucks. the plot is just really weak and i hate the english parts also the action doesnt save it for me.
WTF it is one of the best action movies I've ever seen

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Ecrofirt said:
FTK_BG_r1_c1.gif

Is Andy Lau in any other movies? He was awesome.
Yup. You know Hong Kong movies? He's in every single one of them.

Fulltime Killer was alright. The style was cool - but it absolutely fell apart at the end. What the fuck? Seriously. Worst ending ever. So dumb. I'd give the movie a 6.5 out of 10.

Tok was cool - he was interesting.
O was boring.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Ecrofirt said:
You'll have to excuse me silliness, I'm not terribly familiar with asian cinema.
In that case, do as others suggested and check out the Infernal Affairs series.
It's fucking great.
It's more drama than action though.
If you want pure action, I'd suggest checking out classics like Hard Boiled, The Killer, etc.

Andy Lau is a very famous superstar in HK (I think he's immortal too) - he's in all kinds of movies. Action, comedy, dramas, etc.

nitewulf

Ecrofirt said:
You'll have to excuse me silliness, I'm not terribly familiar with asian cinema.
well i wasn't trying to be a prick or anything, just that IMDB is like a click away. he is pretty much the most popular HK star...so yeah, he is in lot's of movies.
anyway, i'd also recommend:
Infernal Affairs trilogy
House of Flying Daggers
Running on Karma
As Tears Go By
God of Gamblers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom