• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fun character guessing game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystalkoen

Arngrim from Valkyrie Profile stumped him. Gonna try the version from Norse Mythology next, provided I can get enough information.

He guessed Dante after about 10 questions, Ike (Fire Emblem) after 20, then "The Nameless One" after about 35.

I imagine that the number of people/characters that stump him will gradually decrease as people fill in the result at the end of a failed guess, as the choices you used to get to that point will be aggregated and used for future players.

Sucks for people a year or two down the road that find this site, and can never beat the damned thing.

bud

holy shit. it guessed john mcclane and jack shephard.

and now it's asking questions like: ''does he wear a headband?'' and ''does he have a twin brother?''

IT KNOWS I'M THINKING OF SNAKE

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Got Larry Laffer in 19. Good.
Doesn't recognise Commander Jameson from Elite at all. Failure.

Ender Wiggin? Awesome. Captain Roderick Drumsturdy and Dogtanian? Less so.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't get Bub from Bubble Bobble. :(

I guessed Robocop... he gave me "This page timed out." I win this time you fuck!

Edit: Double fuck... he got Robocop in 17 questions.

Double edit: It just got Dawson Leary from "Dawson's Creek" in 20... I didn't think it was going to get it and then boom, there he was.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I thought of Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) and he thought Marth... so I guess I outsmarted this one ;)

I also thought Armin Van Buuren... it gave me Paul Van Dyk. Even after I answered "NO" on the "Is Your Character German" question.

JayDubya

Banned
Site's going slow. OP must have been one of legions of folks that first saw the damn thing today.

And I was just stumping him with Elora Danan, too. :( The character's been in a movie, a reasonably good series of fantasy novels, and several video games, so you'd think it wouldn't be that hard.

Holy shit! I was doing this and was thinking of Wrex from Mass Effect and was like "lol he's going to pick the arbiter from halo. I know it!" And he actually got wrex. WTF!?

JayDubya

Banned
Ha. Elora Danan is most certainly not Kid from Chrono Cross.

Nor is she Kairi from Kingdom Hearts. I think I need to forget entirely that there was a Willow game on the NES.

Edit: Ah-hah. I think he's limited to entries other people have made, and Elora Danan wasn't in the database at all.

JimiNutz

Banned
Wow he's amazing.
I'm speechless.
I am yet to defeat him, although I'm trying not to think of anything too abstract.

Nore

Banned
I tried Pamela Landy twice and beat him both times...once it guessed Sookie Stackhouse and the other was Ashley from RE4.

It did however guess Cameron from terminator. Was impressed.

JayDubya

Banned
Lobot from Star Wars got me Yoda. I thought for sure he had me; is the character in a trilogy of films? Is he fiercely loyal to his master?

Corporal Hicks from Aliens got me Jim Raynor from Starcraft.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Okay. I was thinking of Fone Bone. It guessed The God-Emperor of Mankind (Warhammer 40K). And then claimed to have been close. :lol

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Okay.. normally I find things like this all to be a load of bull. But this thing just keeps amazing me :lol

Its guessing damn everything I am throwing at it! Well apart from Harman Smith. I even thought of a character I could not remeber the name of and he still guessed it :lol

Holy shit. This thing surprised the hell out of me. I picked Corwin from the Roger Zelazny Amber series, and it got it. I'm going to have to try something more obscure.

jts

...hate me...
2mwb8jl.png

I broke the motherfucker!

JayDubya

Banned
Basically, as characters get played more and more, he's got more data to go off of.

So Paul Atreides can be gotten in 21 questions though he never asked about almost anything especially salient. But if he'd asked supernatural powers and space questions he could have gotten there in under 10, I bet.

He guessed 5 in a row:
David Bowie, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Angela Merkel, Pete Townshend, James Hetfield.

I finally "beat" him with Tony Iommi (he guessed Steve Harris).

BobLoblaw

Banned
I stumped him on my first attempt. Was looking for Tin Tin from The Crow. :D His response was Vincent Vega. It did get the second character right, though - The Crow.

Is you character linked with sports?

Is your character Brazillian?

Is your character European?

Is your character a soccer player?

Has your character played for Manchester?

Is your character Portuguese?

Is your character a sex symbol?

lol

Pretty Impressed it got 'Tommy,' the character from the rock opera.

didn't get Zartan, Shipwreck, Grimlock, and a lot of other obscure stuff.

JayDubya

Banned
Roughmar said:
He fucking guessed The Nameless One from Planescape: Torment!

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Not too hard. The code remembers what people answered before when they stumped him, then they enter in the new character into the database.

When I tried, I got the following:

Does your character have supernatural powers?
Does your character fight?
Is your character in a video game?
Does your character have black hair?
Has your character died before?

That's pretty clearly Nameless One if you answer accurately.

Roughmar

Seriously. How could he have guessed Zeratul? I did another run thinking of Tassadar, and then another on Phoenix and he got them right as well. How? They're all the same regarding the questions he asked me.

Seriously. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom