• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funny conclusions people jumped to while game info was scarce

JoeM86

The bolded part is still up in the air, they threw Necrozma into the mix and the guys from ultra space outside of that everything else seems more or less the usual fare of what third versions usually get, which clearly shows these games aren't the B2W2 of SM as it was thought inisitally.

Considering they said outright it was an alternate story and not a continuation, there was no reason to think these would be like B2W2.

Also it's not that up in the air

These two pictures are not as convincing as you think they are.

Those pictures are the information we had from June until around August.

moozoom

I remember the Gaf knee jerk reactions to Dragon’s Dogma first trailer at E3 2011.

https://youtu.be/HYbH25f36Qg

«Shitty game, bland graphics, lame animations...»
« I’ll keep my Dark Soul / dragon age / Skyrim , thanks» and an endless flow of Crapcom jokes.

To me Fantasy setting + monster hunter sold the game instantly but at the time, nobody cared nor bought the game. When I went to buy it, the store had exactly one copy hidden in a corner beside two walls of max payne 3 games.

Everything about the NX leading up to launch. The two funniest ones were:
"It's more powerful than the PS4/Xbox One and has a handheld with an entirely different architecture that can somehow still play the same games."
and
"It's a service that's compatible with PS4/Xbox One/PC."

Lusankya

Another about Mario Switch, there were quite a few people insisting that footage was just some mock-up.

In general people were incredibly stupid when it came to Mario Odyssey.

"It's an endless 3D runner."
"It's just a mock up."
"There are only going to be 4 kingdoms."
"New Donk City is the hub world."
"There will be no platforming."

How are people so stupid and assume that whatever a teaser might show will be the only content of a game?

JoeM86

In general people were incredibly stupid when it came to Mario Odyssey.

"It's an endless 3D runner."
"It's just a mock up."
"There are only going to be 4 kingdoms."
"New Donk City is the hub world."
"There will be no platforming."

How are people so stupid and assume that whatever a teaser might show will be the only content of a game?

There are people who think game development begins at announcement and, because Nintendo and Game Freak often don't reveal games until close to launch, there's always people coming with the assumption that they are rushed

Top Bottom