• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Future Insomniac games leaked

geary

2026 seems too far for Wolverine, I thought it would be a 24 game.

That Venom game sounds like the Miles Morales to Spidey 2.
And SP3 will be a trio game PP, MM and Venom working together. And XMen will be SP crew and Wolverine crew.

Last edited:

tmlDan

I mean, its a new game from scratch and they just released a game in 2023. I know they're different teams but thats still impressive

Damn, so Insomniac did turn into a Marvel games machine. The games will probably be good but it's not what I was expecting.
I was kinda hoping they were working on another IP while they were working on Wolverine, but I guess we'll have to wait 6 years for that.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Nice. If Sony aint gonna announce any 1st party games, leak the fuck out of em.

Sucks it had to be Insomniac, the only one actually holding down the fort.

And yeah, Marvel gave them the keys to everything. Spider-Man 3 PS5/PS6 cross gen confirmed. Ratchet next gen only. Then Xmen their real PS6 game.

Last edited:
That doesn't seem right.
  • There is supposed to be a [confirmed] new multiplayer IP.
  • I remember reading that Wolverine is expected to release by Q3 2025 [in this leak drop]. I may be mistaken here.
Slide appears to be from July this year and this lineup seems kinda expected.
But a new IP which is not a Marvel property only in 2031/32 is disappointing for me.
Don't get me wrong I love comic book games if they're done good but such a high quality study going full Marvel with two R&C games in-between for almost 15 years is even too much for me.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

It was announced as a 2024 game. It was delayed to make room for venom which should be an easy game to do like miles.

geary

And yeah, Marvel gave them the keys to everything. Spider-Man 3 PS5/PS6 cross gen confirmed. Ratchet next gen only. Then Xmen their real PS6 game.
Prolly Ratchet will be the PS6 release game

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Everything is getting leaked except the only thing I care about the most......Someone fucking bring me Elden Ring DLC trailer leaks!

Last edited:
Looks legit

Venom will be a Miles sized release

Wolverine will be a SM2 sized release

SM3 is 5 years after SM2 for a late PS5 gen last hurrah and cross gen with PS6

New Ratchet game to be PS6 exclusive similar to Rift Apart

X-Men game will be from the Wolverine team 3 years after Wolverine, possibly PS6 exclusive as well

Insomniac is going to do insane numbers the next 8 years

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It was announced as a 2024 game. It was delayed to make room for venom which should be an easy game to do like miles.
I don't think it was ever announced as a 2024 game.

Everybody just [incorrectly] assumed it will release in 2024, despite the Miles Morales team working on it, which only could have started in 2021, after shipping Miles in Nov. 2020.

this was the secret second showcase indeed.

Colin was right after alll.

Everything is getting leaked except the only thing I care about the most......Someone fucking bring me Elden Ring DLC leaks!
That was also leaked by Thrustmaster if I'm remembering it correctly.
Something about a February release I heard but I'm not too sure.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I don't think it was ever announced as a 2024 game.

Everybody just [incorrectly] assumed it will release in 2024, despite the Miles Morales team working on it, which only could have started in 2021, after shipping Miles in Nov. 2020.
I am pretty sure the trailer ended with 2024. They might have updated it since then but i distinctly remember seeing 2024 after the reveal. Spider-Man was revealed as 2023.

Nydius

We had such a great 2023 that 2024 feels destined to be a "hangover" year. But nothing from Insomniac until 2025 (except for SM2 DLC, of course)? Wolverine 2026? That's brutal.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That was also leaked by Thrustmaster if I'm remembering it correctly.
Something about a February release I heard but I'm not too sure.
I don’t really believe that, if it was that close to release then they would have released trailer at TGA and in one of their interviews they said “it still little ways off“…that tells me its not going to release on February….there is no way.

nial

Gold Member
I wonder if that one Ratchet title will FINALLY wrap up the Tools of Destruction storyline which will be... 22 years old once that game is released. Fucking hell...

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

That's a lot. Just looked up how many employees and as of May around 520.

They've definitely been the MVP of Sonys 1st party this gen, so far.

Makes sense. They can recycle assets between the Marvel Games. Same with Ratchet.
That's what I also thought. We got a glimpse of playing Venom in SM2 even though his gameplay was very basic, they will just be expanding on that.
Most of the Wolverine gameplay will also be reused for the X-Men game and I saw that Jean Grey will also be playable in the Wolverine game so it would make sense.
The X-Men game would also line up with the MCU X-Men movie/s which will be coming up in a couple of years.

Last edited:

Zuzu

I like Rift Apart's gameplay (but not its story or characters) so a new Ratchet should be fun but I'm not into any of the other stuff. It's nice to know what's probably coming down the pipeline from at least one Sony studio.

Wolverine also doesn't appear to be Rated M unfortunately.
Since they will be building up to the X-Men game and it will probably be in the same universe as the SM game.

Top Bottom