• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FYI; Zero Escape: The Nonary Games at an all time low of 6$ 'till March 14

Damn, some good discount on the whole Zero Escape bundle.

Need to get a Steam Deck 2 whenever it drops and play the shit out of all the VNs on Steam that I currently don't own on Switch or PlayStation.

Ysmbgbg.png

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Damn, some good discount on the whole Zero Escape bundle.

Need to get a Steam Deck 2 whenever it drops and play the shit out of all the VNs on Steam that I currently don't own on Switch or PlayStation.

Ysmbgbg.png
Steam Deck OLED has more than enough performance for VNs and that screen is great.

And with VNs you could set power envelope to like 7-9w and run that for like 5-6 hours.

poodaddy

Steam Deck OLED has more than enough performance for VNs and that screen is great.

And with VNs you could set power envelope to like 7-9w and run that for like 5-6 hours.
Yeah this, what in the hell would a Steam Deck 2 do for visual novels when I just played through Yakuza Kiwami 2 at max settings on the deck at a slightly upscaled resolution, (thanks to system wide FSR), at 50 to 60 fps.

I don't think people realize just how capable this little Deck is. It's made almost all my other hardware just seem unappealing in comparison.

OT: I'll definitely get this even though I've already bought them on other platforms just to show my support. Love these games, wish they'd do another.

Yeah, I know, but it's not a priority right now since I have tons of VNs on Switch and PS5 which will take time to get through so might as well wait for the Steam Deck 2 whenever it releases in 2026 or 2027.

For now I think I'll start buying all the exclusive PC VNs (or the ones that are digital only on Switch and PS) whenever they get on a good sale as literally half of my Steam wishlist is filled with VNs / adventure games. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Edit: I also want to play other more demanding PC games and that's another reason why I'm waiting for Steam Deck 2. Oh and I don't have any intention to build a new PC for such games so the next iteration of the Steam Deck should suffice for my all my PC gaming needs.

Last edited:

Bridges

Ah these games are so good. I finished the trilogy last year so these are fresh in my memory. 999 and Virtue's Last Reward are very special. ZTD much less so but the twist is interesting. I'd highly recommend these to anyone.

StereoVsn

Yeah, I know, but it's not a priority right now since I have tons of VNs on Switch and PS5 which will take time to get through so might as well wait for the Steam Deck 2 whenever it releases in 2026 or 2027.

For now I think I'll start buying all the exclusive PC VNs (or the ones that are digital only on Switch and PS) whenever they get on a good sale as literally half of my Steam wishlist is filled with VNs / adventure games. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Edit: I also want to play other more demanding PC games and that's another reason why I'm waiting for Steam Deck 2. Oh and I don't have any intention to build a new PC for such games so the next iteration of the Steam Deck should suffice for my all my PC gaming needs.
That makes sense. There certainly are more than enough games between PS5 and Switch.

Top Bottom