• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G.A.M.E 4.0 - A Chiptunes/Retrogaming Album By GAFfers!

5 months from our last release, G.A.M.E. returns!

23mrh50.jpg

What is Gaming Art Musica Electronia (G.A.M.E.)?
We're a bunch of NeoGAF posters who make electronic music. Some of us veterans, some of us amateurs, but we all share a passion for videogames and electronic music. We have completed a couple of compilations before, which can be found here:
The first project: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219443
The second project: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326879
The third project: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336451&highlight=Wipeout

Artwork was provided by the incomparably talented (and fast) m0dus, and mastering by the consummately dedicated (and patient) monchi-kun. Special thanks go to them. Also, to banKai for sacrificing his Rapidshare Premium for the greater good, and No_Style for providing hosting as well.

And an extra word of thanks to everybody who took time to list to these tracks as they were being put together and provided feedback and advice. You all helped make this project better.

2vwd7b7.jpg

What is G.A.M.E. 4.0?

For this compilation, we decided to take it back to the old school - chiptunes & retrogaming. Using actual synths & sound libraries from back when, the G.A.M.E. artists have put together an incredibly evocative collection - sit back and listen while games of old, or games that never were - but should have been - play in the mind's eye.

NES, C64, Amiga, Master System, Genesis, sounds and composition styles from several classic 8 and 16-bit chip sounds are represented. While the core of the chip sounds are simple waveforms, the compositions give them a richness amplified by the warmth of nostalgia - or perhaps for some, discovery.

***DOWNLOAD THE ALBUM HERE!*** Anybody who can contribute more hosting is appreciated:

Rapidshare Link 1

-or-

hosted courtesy of m0dus Productions

-or-

Rapidshare Link 2 (thanks, banKai)

-or-

Hosted courtesy of No_style

Interested in joining the G.A.M.E. collective for our next aural adventure? Just keep an eyer out for the G.A.M.E. 5.0 planning thread, appearing in the OT soon!

And check out our previous compilations, G.A.M.E., G.A.M.E. 2: Theatrical Edition, and G.A.M.E. 3.0: Wipeout HD Soundtrack! They can all be downloaded here:

(Click on the pic!)

Thanks to all, and enjoy!

shuri

Banned
It would be cool if we made a new alternative soundtrack to a game. My suggestion would be like.. Let's make an alternative soundtrack to Flashback, or something like that.

shuri said:
It would be cool if we made a new alternative soundtrack to a game. My suggestion would be like.. Let's make an alternative soundtrack to Flashback, or something like that.

Our last project was like that, it's an album of songs to be used with Wipeout HD's custom soundtrack feature. It can be downloaded at m0dus' website linked at the bottom of the OP.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I was LTTP with the other 3, so I never really got a chance to spread the love. Not so this time. My iPod is already sporting G.A.M.E. 4.0, and I expect it'll get as much love as the first 3 do. Thanks for the awesome work, folks, and keep it up! It's amazing stuff!

On that note, are plans for a G.A.M.E. 3.1 off?

Raide

After spending 2 weeks in Montreal and seeing a Chiptune gig first hand, I have just downloaded G.A.M.E 4.0 and I love it.:D

Space Flight is awesome! The SID is Vicious is also fantastic. Keep up the great work.

No_Style

Ooo. Will download when I get home. You guys should have given me a head's up! I would have provided bandwidth.

Mejilan

I actually downloaded this form m0dus' site a few days ago, before this thread went live. I imagine that there weren't any changes during that time lag?

btkadams

Mejilan said:
I actually downloaded this form m0dus' site a few days ago, before this thread went live. I imagine that there weren't any changes during that time lag?
the first 100 downloads of this package get a free NeoGAF gold account but other than that this package is identical.

pirahna1

Great job to all my fellow artists, we turned this comp out. Can't wait to get started on GAME 5!

GAME 3.1 will be released shortly as well. Be on the lookout for that.

No_Style

btkadams said:
kinda curious as to why this is in the gaming discussion. does everything chiptune have to be gaming related?

Well, I have to admit that it does bring me back to those early gaming tunes.

btkadams said:
kinda curious as to why this is in the gaming discussion. does everything chiptune have to be gaming related?

They've all been posted in GD so far. Some of the other ones had redirects from OT.

Amir0x

Banned
I haven't listened to the new one just yet, but I'd say these things are getting progressively sharper and better as they go along. You guys are improving. I was really meh on the first G.A.M.E., but started getting really into the next two. Will download later.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
wow, guys, it's been a pleasure!

King Dork

Any one of the creators want to license out their stuff or collaborate? I'm making a couple XNA games right now, and I want to put some chiptunes in them.

Mejilan

I seriously have been meaning to listen to this, but the disc of SFIV music that game with my LE is seriously rocking my iPod recently...

King Dork said:
Any one of the creators want to license out their stuff or collaborate? I'm making a couple XNA games right now, and I want to put some chiptunes in them.

I'd be interested, it sounds like fun. I'm sure a couple of people would.

Top Bottom