• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G-Sync is the god-level gaming upgrade.

Gamezone

Gold Member
sorry for bumping an old thread. if there is a newer one i apologise, well, i just bought a FreeSync monitor and of course we can now use FreeSync with Nvidia GPUs.

HOLY SHIT! i thought it was just an expensive gimmick but this changes everything. i loaded up Witcher 3 at Ultra with hairworks at 4K. i was hovering about 50-55fps in the swamp area. usually that would be a total no go but with G sync enabled it felt totally smooth. i honest couldn't feel any changes in framerate and couldn't even tell the difference between 50, 55, 60fps.

this needs to become standard in all monitors/tvs going forward.

Damn, are you running games on a RTX 2080 or better?

manfestival

Got gsync a few months back along with 144hz... both are just HUGE. gsync just makes for a smoother experience and 144hz... well that also makes things smoother in a different way. I feel spoiled cause going to the arcade earlier I was noticing the flaws in all of the displays

Never used G-Sync but my LG ultrawide I have been using is 75hz FreeSync.

Today, I'm upgrading to a 144hz 1440p FreeSync panel from LG. Just have to pick it up. Pretty excited to see the Division 2 at those specs.

Top Bottom