• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Creates Contest II: Are you a bad enough nerd to make a retro game by year's end?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Enk said:
Good to see you back and good timing too since I just got done working on something yesterday. Check your PM. :)

As far as GAF Creates III goes, it will happen but give it a couple of months. The last two haven't had much in the way of participation so I'm wanting to rethink how to handle the next one again. In the meantime I'll be making a GAF Creates spinoff this month for those that just want to talk about their projects but can't create a thread to show off their work in progress.

Great! I'll be there. Just be sure to link it here so it doesn't get lost. :p

Olorin

Here's two screenshots for the game I'm currently working on. Not for the contest, but I just wanted to share it :)
screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

All the story elements are done and in the game, and I've built a level editor to make that part a bit easier. Now I just need to make those levels and pretty up some of the between screens and a few other details.
The game's 343 KB so far, so that's not too bad either.

When this one's finished, I'll be ready for Gaf Creates III :)

I'm thinking of being a part of GAF Creates 3, not sure what I'd attempt to make though. I'd be coding in C++ with SDL or I might give Flash and Actionscript a go.

soultron

Banned
Megadrive said:
I'm thinking of being a part of GAF Creates 3, not sure what I'd attempt to make though. I'd be coding in C++ with SDL or I might give Flash and Actionscript a go.
I was just thinking of creating a thread. Anyone down for this?

Ignignort

I would be, I'm starting off programming by doing stuff in XNA, hoping by the year is out to have something good out there. Will probably team up with a friend

soultron

Banned
Alright. Out of respect for Enk, I'm going to make it GAF Projects.

It can be anything you'd like, not specifically a game. It could be an iOS/droid app, for instance. It will have a schedule of milestones to keep everyone (close to) on track.

Posting now.

Enk

makes good threads.
soultron said:
Alright. Out of respect for Enk, I'm going to make it GAF Projects.

It can be anything you'd like, not specifically a game. It could be an iOS/droid app, for instance. It will have a schedule of milestones to keep everyone (close to) on track.

Posting now.

Not a problem with me. I was about to make a GAF Creates non contest thread for those who would like to show WIP of their games without having to worry about getting their thread shutdown by a mod for being self promotio, but it seems that your thread is pretty much the same. I'll post EG's WIP on your thread once I get a chance. Make sure to link to the thread here so people can update their subscriptions and the thread doesn't get buried so quickly.

Top Bottom