• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Kodak Black - Tunnel Vision

axc67RF.gif

Helmholtz

On first listen Future album's pretty decent. Would have been better without the skits that litter the top and bottom sections.
It's like Evol tier or something, definitely no DS2/56/Monster or anything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Future is meh. Production is stellar. Mask Off is a genuinely great song though.

Also, I'm watching Abstract: The Art of Design, which is a stellar documentary series so far if you love design, but the third episode focuses on stage design specifically, featuring Es Devlin. Her resume is pretty absurd, but what's relevant is that she's worked on Kanye's Atlantic City set (the snowy landscape), the WTT tour (big LED cubes), Yeezus Tour (Mountain), Kanye's Touch The Sky Tour (she redesigned the whole thing in the 10 days before), Beyonce's Formation Tour, and the list goes on and on.

The episode only goes into the Formation and WTT Tour design out of those, but it's dope.

Koozek

So was OJ
Strange that I never read up on that case much considering how much of a fan of crime documentaries I am (did a huge run of them last year - The Staircase, The Jinx, Making a Murderer, West of Memphis etc.). Wasn't there a new mini-series on Netflix recently or something?

I mean, obviously being acquitted doesn't mean you're actually innocent, but at the same time it doesn't mean you should be assumed guilty for the rest of your life either. Guilty criminals sometimes getting away with their crimes because of a lack of evidence doesn't justify even a single innocent's life being destroyed. It'd be extremely unfortunate for the victim if Gibbs was guilty and got away, but simultaneously I don't know what truly happened and apparently there wasn't enough concrete evidence either, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I haven't been following Gibbs' case recently, though, so maybe there is information I don't know?

The documentary about Amanda Knox on Netflix is crazy eye-opening to how much media sensation mongering, and in this case the big ego of one of the Italian detectives, can quickly initiate witch-hunts and influence the narrative of millions of people all around the world, who feel like they know for sure what happened, further fueled by confirmation bias when the accused didn't behave as expected at all times during times of such stress and psychological pressure etc...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm on the fourth episode too, and that was probably my favorite episode thus far.
I'm watching it right now and it's dope.

Excited to get to the automotive design episode because I've been drawing cars my whole life.

Strange that I never read up on that case much considering how much of a fan of crime documentaries I am (did a huge run of them last year - The Staircase, The Jinx, Making a Murderer, West of Memphis etc.). Wasn't there a new mini-series on Netflix recently or something?

I mean, obviously being acquitted doesn't mean you're actually innocent, but at the same time it doesn't mean you should be assumed guilty for the rest of your life either. Guilty criminals sometimes getting away with their crimes because of a lack of evidence doesn't justify even a single innocent's life being destroyed. It'd be extremely unfortunate for the victim if Gibbs was guilty and got away, but simultaneously I don't know what truly happened and apparently there wasn't enough concrete evidence either, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I haven't been following Gibbs' case recently, though, so maybe there is information I don't know?

The documentary about Amanda Knox on Netflix is crazy eye-opening to how much media sensation mongering, and in this case the big ego of one of the Italian detectives, can quickly initiate witch-hunts and influence the narrative of millions of people all around the world, who feel like they know for sure what happened, further fueled by confirmation bias when the accused didn't behave as expected at all times during times of such stress and psychological pressure etc...
You're probably thinking of ESPN's OJ Documentary, Made in America. It's fantastic, and even if you already know a lot about the OJ trial, it really makes an effort to go deep into race's role in society and makes you appreciate how significant of an event for the whole country the OJ trial was.

The People vs. OJ was good too, aside from Cuba Gooding Jr. who doesn't act anything like OJ.

Nobody said that.

It's just pretending he didn't rape a girl.
Or pretending that he did.

When in reality nobody knows other than Gibbs and the girl. He was acquitted of all charges due to lack of evidence. So unless you guys know something I don't then im not sure why it's assumed that he drugged a girl and then raped her.

I understand that Rape charges are hard to ever prove or disprove but I'm never quick to put blame on the black dude when white women claim rape.

It's hilarious(maybe expected consierding that it's neogaf) that someone compared his acquittal to OJ's.

I'm of the opinion that due to the lack of evidence and no history, I'm not going to label him as a rapist or abuser. I'll continue to listen and support his work until he gives me a reason not too.

Or pretending that he did.

When in reality nobody knows other than Gibbs and the girl. He was acquitted of all charges due to lack of evidence. So unless you guys know something I don't then im not sure why it's assumed that he drugged a girl and then raped her.

I understand that Rape charges are hard to ever prove or disprove but I'm never quick to put blame on the black dude when white women claim rape.

It's hilarious(maybe expected consierding that it's neogaf) that someone compared his acquittal to OJ's.

I'm of the opinion that due to the lack of evidence and no history, I'm not going to label him as a rapist or abuser. I'll continue to listen and support his work until he gives me a reason not too.

Exactly. People are always quick to believe the woman over a man just because they are a woman. This goes to several other people who got accused of rape as well. Show me evidence and I will believe you.

some dud named chris quelle popped up in my spotify daily mix and it appears to be the first track off his 2017 album. i only listened to the one song and it's strange in a good way. i might listen to the rest tomorrow.

yall should check him out.

also, is dom kennedy any good?

PBY

Banned
some dud named chris quelle popped up in my spotify daily mix and it appears to be the first track off his 2017 album. i only listened to the one song and it's strange in a good way. i might listen to the rest tomorrow.

yall should check him out.

also, is dom kennedy any good?
Don Kennedy used to be aite, his new stuff is ehhhhh

damn he really forces himself on that guy in the beginning there eh

lmao

he had a decent tape though and that song aint so bad. people should be worried about how he had that cash me outside girl in his last video though. knowing him maybe he has a potential statutory case in his future O_O....

and Gibbs is a top 5 right now. Regardless of the charges he had on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom