• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

tdv7OBk.gif

This new billy woods is dope. Gonna give it more listens before I can declare it my fave (History Will Absolve Me still at the top for me) but it's really, really good.

Dereck

when that little Xxtensions fuckboy got snuck on stage at his own show the other night during the first few minutes of his set while singin one of his little bullshit songs to that clearasil scented sea of chronic masturbators n face tats n carried off the stage by security like a dead cat...I actually felt like yo...LOOK AT GOD. YO THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING THIS TO TRANSPIRE LORD. I aint sure why all these new rappers be gettin socked in the face so often but I aint mad at it neither nahmean.. I dont wish no harm on nobody like that but if these muthafuckas dont get tapped on the jaw every now n then its how you end up witta Shad Moss type situation b.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVIXeQulZQp/

tdv7OBk.gif

lmao that reads like a siddx post. I forgot about big ghostface. wonder what he writes about these new guys like lil uzi and yachty.

anyways fuck xxxtentacion (some pretty cool songs though), that punch clip is a new classic youtube video.

Erv

Who do you guys think will be the next big thing in rap. Drake had a good run but he's not new anymore. Will it be someone we already know of or totally unknown. These are the things I like to ponder.

Who do you guys think will be the next big thing in rap. Drake had a good run but he's not new anymore. Will it be someone we already know of or totally unknown. These are the things I like to ponder.

Chance the Rapper?

I hope it's Young Thug. With his rise comes ambitious albums from him.

Erv

Chance the Rapper?

I hope it's Young Thug. With his rise comes ambitious albums from him.
Definitely don't think chance but I keep saying it might be Young thug because I can see him on the same path as lil wayne. They were both kind of not taken seriously but if he keeps at it like Wayne did he could become....and I know this sounds crazy..he could eventually be seen as a Lyricist. It all depends on what he wants though.

Isn't it Kenny?

Kendrick came out around the same time as Drake.

Definitely don't think chance but I keep saying it might be Young thug because I can see him on the same path as lil wayne. They were both kind of not taken seriously but if he keeps at it like Wayne did he could become....and I know this sounds crazy..he could eventually be seen as a Lyricist. It all depends on what he wants though.

Lil wayne was always taken seriously, some don't even know about his work in the late 90's because wayne had two different points in his career where he blew up. Kind of weird really. I don't see anyone right now that is the next big thing, Drake is the last time where big shifts were made. Have to wait and see.

xHiryu

if ur talking about mainstream appeal than maybe Uzi or, although a crazy longshot, Quavo. the guy has been on everything this year, if the quav x trav tape is beast and he ever makes a solo tape then his fame will only skyrocket

for mainstream appeal, its about crossover appeal and charisma which is why i say Uzi and Quavo to a lesser extent

Icolin

Banned
Sorry for bringing up gaming stuff ITT but that Wolfenstein II trailer (link) was incredible.

Evil Within 2 also looked dope, but Wolfenstein looks so damn good brehs.

Sorry for bringing up gaming stuff ITT but that Wolfenstein II trailer (link) was incredible.

Evil Within 2 also looked dope, but Wolfenstein looks so damn good brehs.
If only Bethesda had cut that trailer better.

It's so thrown together and clunky as a marketing tool, but if they can get their shit together in terms of promo over the next couple months, this can be something special.

Easily the most interesting project of the show so far, and I hope MachineGames doesn't go with the copout "Pregnant wife must die for pathos!!!1!" story.

Icolin

Banned
If only Bethesda had cut that trailer better.

It's so thrown together and clunky as a marketing tool, but if they can get their shit together in terms of promo over the next couple months, this can be something special.

Easily the most interesting project of the show so far, and I hope MachineGames doesn't go with the copout "Pregnant wife must die for pathos!!!1!" story.

I wouldn't say easily, as I found the likes of A Way Out, Metro: Exodus and Evil Within 2 to be quite interesting, but that's my opinion.

I wouldn't say easily, as I found the likes of A Way Out, Metro: Exodus and Evil Within 2 to be quite interesting, but that's my opinion.
Those are actually the 3 most interesting projects after W2 of the show so far, but I like what W2 is doing a hell of a lot more than the other 3.

A Way Out could be interesting but it seems a hell of a lot more ambitious, hence more room to fail. Metro: Exodus looks nice and I love its rendition of a post-apocalyptic Russia, but I need to see something more than the scripted gameplay trailer 4A put out. I'm also warier of the more open levels, and I hope that doesn't translate into barren open world stretches with weird storytelling. Evil Within 2 looks bonkers, but I don't really feel excited for it. It's a good looking game, and the bizarre horror moves look intriguing, but it doesn't do it for me.

Wolfenstein, on the other hand, seems to be a more concentrated experience with a bigger emphasis on unique characters and world-building, along with the usual gunplay and thrill of shooting Nazis till they die. I'd much rather have a 20-hour game that is consistently exemplary than a 50-hour game that is a lot more uneven, so that's why I'm more hyped for W2.

That trailer didn't need to be as long as it was. Wolfenstein The New Order was easily one of the best games the year it came out but it's gonna be a tall order to top DOOM for me. Still, looking forward to it.

play wolfenstein in 2017

post like this in 2017

Erv

I guess what I mean is who is that next rapper to come out who people just know is the next one. We knew it with Drake and knew it with Eminem. So I guess I answered my own question. We don't know who that rapper is yet and we jus have to wait.

More MusicMafia leaks happened.

There's a different version of "Coming Out Strong" with a different beat, and an added Future verse, as well as a more hip-hop Justin Beiber songs that definitely samples some Bollywood-ish instruments. Also, a Trav song and a J. Cole song built on that Mitus Touch song that was supposed to be a Kanye/Rih joint.

Erv

More MusicMafia leaks happened.

There's a different version of "Coming Out Strong" with a different beat, and an added Future verse, as well as a more hip-hop Justin Beiber songs that definitely samples some Bollywood-ish instruments. Also, a Trav song and a J. Cole song built on that Mitus Touch song that was supposed to be a Kanye/Rih joint.
Where do you find these

Where do you find these
You can google the site in question.

I'm not linking it because the songs are hosted on sites where you can download them and are hence illegal.

On another note, fuck the RPG-ification of recent games. The new AssCreed really ticked me off because I know that Ubisoft is going to microtransaction the fuck out of it with "rare loot" and card packs. It happened with Halo, CoD, and so many more AAA games, and its so annoying. I'm all for publishers making money, but at this point, it feels so exploitative.

Moonkid

Haven't gotten around to digesting the Camp Lo album yet because I haven't been in the mood but it sounds real good from what I've heard. Black Nostaljack is my favourite from Uptown, timeless song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom