• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck, really? Well I got my wish, bitches!!! Fuck I need to play through System Shock 2 again.....like game is masterpiece.

Yeah, Ken has a new studio called Ghost Story games. Mostly scaled down.

Fuck, really? Well I got my wish, bitches!!! Fuck I need to play through System Shock 2 again.....like game is masterpiece.

Yeah, Ken has a new studio called Ghost Story games. Mostly scaled down.
I don't want to raise your hopes about the SS3 thing though. I remember some mention of it appearing at the PC show, but I don't know for sure. Nibel might know better.

Nibel

I don't want to raise your hopes about the SS3 thing though. I remember some mention of it appearing at the PC show, but I don't know for sure. Nibel might know better.

It's a knotty situation

- Night Dive Studios released SS1 Enhanced Edition in 2015 (they re-released SS2 in 2013 on Steam)
- Night Dive Studios also announced a complete SS1 remake the same year, coming 2018 iirc
- Otherside Entertainment is working on SS3 with Warren Spector, no date yet
- Ken is part of Ghost Story Games who are working on something we probably won't see for a good while

tl;dr:
buy Prey

Koozek

Open Space: Big Boi

"Niggas still ain't fuckin' with Hollywood Court," goes the first line of "Mic Jack," the first single off Big Boi's forthcoming album Boomiverse, For all you newjack Outkast fans, that line is a reference to "SpottieOttieDopaliscious," a dubbed-out jam off Kast's 1998 album, Aquemini.

"Two niggas don' start bustin' (wham! wham!)" Andre 3000 states spoken-word style.
"And one nigga don' took his shirt off talkin' 'bout / Now who else wanna fuck with Hollywood Court?"

In a very special episode of Open Space, the legendary ATL emcee Antwan André Patton aka Daddy Fat Sax aka Big Boi drops knowledge about this crucial—but now demolished—ATL housing project. "Hollywood Court is one of the hardest neighborhoods in Atlanta," Big Boi explains. "It’s really nuttin' to be fucked with. So when you say "Hollywood Court," that was some real life. We went to TriCities High School where they merged like three different schools together... with the hardness all around. It just represented Atlanta to the fullest."

As a Dungeon Family disciple and OutKast representer, Big Boi shed light on the origins of the hip hop collective that changed the geography of the culture when they stated—and proved—that "The South got somethin' to say."

Big says that when his partner Andre uttered those now-famous words at the 1995 Source Awards it was a completely spontaneous statement. "We didn’t know that it would become legendary," Big Boi recalls. "It was an emotional moment. He was on the verge of tears. You could hear his voice shaking. Here we are, 'Oh, we made it to the mecca of hip hop,' and we wanted to be accepted from the South. It's like you had the whole Bad Boy thing going on and you had Snoop and them from the West Coast in there. It was a real hostile environment. We was just two young boys. That might have been our first or second time even in New York. Everybody in Madison Square Garden—like 90 percent of the people—booed. It hurt. It was like a rap cvil war. From that point on we went straight into Jedi mode and started training. OK if that wasn't good enough, wait till you get a load of next time."

Big Boi also tells the story of Sean "Puffy" Combs directing the video for "Player's Ball," Outkast's first release. "Young Diddy was a wild boy on the set," Big Boi recalls. "He was good at putting’ the jumper cables on us." He also recalls doing shows with Biggie and watching a young Future (then known as Meathead) start to make his way through the ranks of the Dungeon Family. "We were like Dungeon Family fist generation," Big recalls. "The second generation guys were in the Dungeon while we were touring the world. So we would come back in periodically and we'd see these guys working on music. The Dungeon is like a school for gifted kids. We are the Rap X-Men. Everybody was dope and focused on their craft evolved into something else."

Big Boi also recounts the making of his new single "Kill Bill" with Killer Mike and Jeezy and talks about the thrill of meeting Kate Bush, whose "Running Up That Hill" is one of his favorite songs of all time. Check out the video up top.​

Dereck

Turns out the vinyl was released today, not the actual album. The album itself is a year old.

Instead of editing this out though, I'll just leave it.

codhand

Turns out the vinyl was released today, not the actual album. The album itself is a year old.

Instead of editing this out though, I'll just leave it.

Wish he'd just repress the Big Ghost one instead, this album was one of his worst in recent memory.

Nabs

Gangsta Gibbs x Bodega Boys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgVM96xRgUo

DCJY2KwXcAEndCr.jpg

daffy

Banned
one of my white girlfriends said she said hi to chance the rapper at Disney World today

how much y'all wanna bet it was just an average light skinned dude wearing a "3" cap

This tape is going to be awful.
[01] Young Thug ft Millie Go Lightly - Family Don't Matter
[02] Tomorrow Til Infinity
[03] Young Thug ft Millie Go Lightly - She Wanna Party
[04] Daddy's Birthday
[05] Do U Love Me
[06] Young Thug ft Future - Relationship
[07] You Said
[08] On Fire
[09] Young Thug ft Snoop Dogg & Lil Durk - Get High
[10] Feel It
[11] Me Or Us
[12] Oh Yeah
[13] Young Thug ft Jacquees - For Y'all
[14] Take Care

In addition, here is the finalized set of features per song for Calvin's new album.

Snoop Dogg + John Legend
D.R.A.M + PARTYNEXTDOOR
ScHoolBoy Q + Pharell Williams
Travis Scott + A-Trak
Kehlani + Lil Yachty
Big Sean + Katy Perry
Jessie Reyez + Takeoff
Khalid + Future
Migos (no Takeoff) + Frank Ocean
Young Thug + Ariana Grande + Pharell Williams

HiiiLife

This tape is going to be awful.

[01] Young Thug ft Millie Go Lightly - Family Don't Matter
[02] Tomorrow Til Infinity
[03] Young Thug ft Millie Go Lightly - She Wanna Party
[04] Daddy's Birthday
[05] Do U Love Me
[06] Young Thug ft Future - Relationship
[07] You Said
[08] On Fire
[09] Young Thug ft Snoop Dogg & Lil Durk - Get High
[10] Feel It
[11] Me Or Us
[12] Oh Yeah
[13] Young Thug ft Jacquees - For Y'all
[14] Take Care

Naming the final track after a classic album is sure to push this to a 11/10 album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom