• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you're right, I should have been more transparent about how I came upon that list at first.

Also because they're the bigger producers I presume there's better documentation when it comes to their discographies anyways and biases it.

There actually needs to be better documentation about this shit in general haha. Like soundcloud is PROBABLY the best site to actually get a better idea on everything a producer have done and even then that's hard af.

I was making a list of songs from each but scraped it because I didn't know a lot of these dudes do side projects or rap now. London on the track apparently produced someone whole mixtape not too long ago and Southside apparently raps??

I really like TM88 though he did
Codiene Crazy by Future
Pull up by Wiz Khalifa & Lil Uzi
Come Wit It - Bankroll
(this one actually reminds me of a Mike Will beat from Ransom)
His I love Kanye remix is dope too
Partynextdoor - Party at 8

TM88 and Travis scott work together a lot and PERSONALLY I think he owes a lot of his sound to him.

Icolin

Banned
Still wonder why Culture wasn't on Major Key

It's obviously not meant as an intro to the album

I agree, but the song still goes.

Spin off in the coupe, typhoon
I act an ass, baboon
Wrappin' that dope, cocoon

acc62678a6047bc77be16c02302a5380aa2a7a14_hq.gif

I went to a gig where Dave, Denzel Curry, and Southside played. And dear god, Southside was fucking awful as a live performer. He literally just adlibbed over his own and other producers' tracks. He just played hot tracks from the past 3 years and yelled over it, either something along the lines of "Yo, I made this" or "This my bro's song, play it." New rule: DJ's should not be performers unless they can either DJ properly or rap. Other than that, Denzel Curry does an amazing show.

Ramriddlz is dropping "Sweeter Dreams" 8/17. Title track was played on OVO sound.

Here's the title track.
EDIT: Enzo, this track is pretty dope. Ram's 2 for 3 with his singles on my end/

Icolin

Banned
I went to a gig where Dave, Denzel Curry, and Southside played. And dear god, Southside was fucking awful as a live performer. He literally just adlibbed over his own and other producers' tracks. He just played hot tracks from the past 3 years and yelled over it, either something along the lines of "Yo, I made this" or "This my bro's song, play it." New rule: DJ's should not be performers unless they can either DJ properly or rap. Other than that, Denzel Curry does an amazing show.

Ramriddlz is dropping "Sweeter Dreams" 8/17. Title track was played on OVO sound.

For real. Yelling over tracks sucks, but what particularly pisses me off is when DJ's cut of the track every 5 seconds for the crowd to say the lines.

i went to a local books/music store and they had the trilogy vinyls there. house of balloons, thursday and echoes of silence.

pretty cool seeing them in person.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ramrod is doing two shows right after the album comes out and nobody will come with me I'm so pissed SMH

New song is fire tho

Melanincholy SOTY

Melanincholy sucks ass dude. I don't wanna hear Mr. RAMROD try and fail at sadboy music

But habaesha was low-key song of the summer. I think his album will be dope if he has a lot of that dancehall influence in it

Icolin

Banned
Melanincholy sucks ass dude. I don't wanna hear Mr. RAMROD try and fail at sadboy music

But habaesha was low-key song of the summer. I think his album will be dope if he has a lot of that dancehall influence in it

This is the only case in which this sentence works.

Bodmon was a better drake track than anything on more life brehs

Edit: actually the drake track with that British guy randomly shouting out Batman was pretty nice haha

Vorheez

Man, I went back to Summertime 06 after the steaming dump that BFT was (I do commend him for branching out as an artist and exploring different music, but that doesn't make BFT any less disappointing) and maaaaaan is that a great fucking record. I'm liking it a lot more now than I did when it first came out. Staples is on an entirely different level with his groovetastic flow, wordplay, and ability to paint vivid pictures of his world in the mind of the listener. It's a classic album and truly something special.

Tyler the Creator pretending to come out the closet to rally support and generate headlines before his album dropped was lowkey one of the cheapest and sleaziest marketing moves I can remember in hip hop.
Shit was fugazi.
Im glad that goofball didnt get the number 1 album, between that and his constant bitching and whining about sales on twitter, I wasnt feeling his personal character at all and normally I ignore that kind of thing.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Tyler the Creator pretending to come out the closet to rally support and generate headlines before his album dropped was lowkey one of the cheapest and sleaziest marketing moves I can remember in hip hop.
Shit was fugazi.
Im glad that goofball didnt get the number 1 album, between that and his constant bitching and whining about sales on twitter, I wasnt feeling his personal character at all and normally I ignore that kind of thing.
That's skeezy as fuck. Was his album even good?

HiiiLife

Shit was fugazi.

A couple people here called it out too to not be surprised. I can remember who. Damn disrespectful as fuck towards the community but I guess dude just lives for the pandemonium.

Good thing Brockhampton is already looking to be better than this fuckers group.

HiiiLife

That's skeezy as fuck. Was his album even good?

I found it his easiest listen by far. Because he was off that whole rape your parents edgy shit he stays rapping about. But this is remedial as hell. Idk. I guess after enjoying Kevin Abstracts and Frank Oceans unapologetically queer attitude this just looks tacky as fuck.

My friends can't even take me seriously when I tell them that most of my Spotify library is composed of music by black artists. They can't handle Logic, let alone someone like Kendrick Lamar or Isaiah Rashad.

Apparently RTJ isn't suburban white kid-core enough for GAF considering the reaction they got in the Game Awards thread last year...
I know Tidal is hated around these parts, but I notice the top streamed songs and albums on there and compare it to whats on Spotify or Itunes and it's clear a huge chunk of Tidal's base is Black, lives in the Tri-State area, and is over the age of 25.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I found it his easiest listen by far. Because he was off that whole rape your parents edgy shit he stays rapping about. But this is remedial as hell. Idk. I guess after enjoying Kevin Abstracts and Frank Oceans unapologetically queer attitude this just looks tacky as fuck.

Ah I see. Well Lana deserved to win then. Her album is considered her best tbh. Her 5th album being her best is some Kanye shit.

I know Tidal is hated around these parts, but I notice the top streamed songs and albums on there and compare it to whats on Spotify or Itunes and it's clear a huge chunk of Tidal's base is Black, lives in the Tri-State area, and is over the age of 25.
I would love to get demographics for these users. Especially Apple Music since it's Top Charts have been rap music since it was released.

overcast

Shit was fugazi.
Wait he said that he didn't actually come out of the closet? That's a fucking lame bit to build hype.

Ivan 3414

Sorry, not following this conversation about Tyler pretending to come out. Since when was that established as true?

Also where was this criticism about using sexuality for buzz when Frank came out in 2012?

Courage

Also where was this criticism about using sexuality for buzz when Frank came out in 2012?

Does Frank have a history of being an insufferable troll and homophobic? Even if Tyler is being sincere on his album, people questioning it seems completely warranted.

I dont think anyone has actually questioned him on whether or not he's actually gay in an interview but signs seems to point at that he will go gay for any white boys that look like Cole Spouse.

LionPride

Banned
I dont think anyone has actually questioned him on whether or not he's actually gay in an interview but signs seems to point at that he will go gay for any white boys that look like Cole Spouse.
I mean after Riverdale so so many people would

He also has a fascination with young Leo DiCaprio

riotous

Banned
My only exposure to Tyler the creator is that commercial for his Vice show and a brief appearance he made on King ofthe Road (skateboarding reality show of sorts on Vice.)

I don't have any real reason not to like him from that, but I don't.. his commercial for his show is obnoxious.

riotous

Banned
Love "The Internet" (Dumb ass name though).. will check out Syd, I know you've mentioned it before Lion Pride but I forgot to check it out

Catvoca

Banned
Good thing Brockhampton is already looking to be better than this fuckers group.

Kevin Abstract is actually gay and raps about it too.

Heath Ledger with some dreads
I just gave my nigga head
Standing on my two legs
Fuck what that nigga done said
Bruh, I don't fuck with no white boys
'Less the nigga Shawn Mendes
I been off and I been dead
Bad as hell, I don't bench press
High school, they ain't fuck with me
Now the critics don't fuck with me
My own fam ain't fuck with me
But Viceland did fuck with me