• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF I need money for dru... for my sick Mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
You guys are on my nuts here.
I didn't call the cops on him.
I didn't want his job brought into this.

I just wanted to ask some questions about where the money went.
It feels wrong that he was spending so much on drugs.

But again, I get that I should have done my research before donating. I'm a bleeding heart.

Look, I can see why you want answers. But making a thread dedicated to calling out a member on NeoGAF and potentially ruining his career is not the way to go.

I think your intentions are "noble", it's just that this thread seems to have done more bad than good.

Calcaneus

You guys are on my nuts here.
I didn't call the cops on him.
I didn't want his job brought into this.

I just wanted to ask some questions about where the money went.
It feels wrong that he was spending so much on drugs.

But again, I get that I should have done my research before donating. I'm a bleeding heart.
Now you're just making it easy for the guy when he shows up.

NewFresh

Nobody in 6 pages took the time to wrote that Amirox 99.9% posted this to make fun of the issue of Romney becoming a president, so he wants the week to pass quickly instead of being tormented by the prospect?

Really?

It was said before that it was probably a joke, but context has no place here.

Mahzkrieg

Banned
Look, I can see why you want answers. But making a thread dedicated to calling out a member on NeoGAF and potentially ruining his career is not the way to go.

I think your intentions are "noble", it's just that this thread seems to have done more bad than good.

I didn't intend for his job to get dragged into this.
I don't want that on me.

Again, I was calling cops are alerting his bosses. I wanted to put this before the GAF tribunal.

On the fundraiser site there is a picture of his mother thanking everyone for their generosity.

It seems pretty clear to me that the mother benefited from the money to me, which is the important thing. If Amir0x kept some of the money back for himself that's obviously not cool, but considering there is evidence of a drug habit it shouldn't be surprising.

No way! Not Amirox! Next you're going to tell me that geohot bought a shitload of weed with all the money that people in Gaming side donated to him a year back for his tussle with Sony. Oh wait.

Donating is always a risk but, naturally, trusting known Internet douchebags with donations is an infinitely greater risk. While I'm sure some money will go towards the intended cause, don't count on them doing anything productive with the remainder of the cash. Not like you can do anything about it anyways.

CrankyJay

Banned

It's not like people went to 20 different sites to piece all this information together...he put it all on one forum, available for anyone to see with minimal effort. Doesn't he share in any of the blame here?

NeoRausch

man i'd love some oxy right now.

Amir0xy?

but seriously, i don't think this is something to be openly discussed on the board. if there is something fishy you should contact evilore so he and the participans can look into it.

this right here feels a little witchhunt-y.

jtb

Banned
The thing is—Amirox's drug habits are hardly something new. I'm sure most of the people who donated (including Evilore) already knew of them and donated anyways. It's a low move, no doubt, if he needed the money because he was on drugs, or if he lied about where those funds were going, but... eh.

lil smoke

Banned
I didn't intend for his job to get dragged into this.
I don't want that on me.

Again, I was calling cops are alerting his bosses. I wanted to put this before the GAF tribunal.

dude you lurked a forum and decided a good idea to drop cash to a drug addict on that forum. What more do you want, I mean thanks for the entertainment and all...

Mohonky

Whilst I don't doubt his mum is sick and he used the money for bills (and there is no shame at all in begging in that situation) if it was me I think after the event if I had that sort of cash to spend on drugs I would at least attempt to start paying people back instead

I think this is more the point.

If the money went to help his mother, all good and even if the money was donated with no expectation of getting the money back, it would be a nice gesture that when some one finds their feet again or is able to recoup that loss they give some thing back to those that helped out.

If Amirox wasn't blowing that sort of cash prior to his mother falling ill, he'd have a good amount of money aside to begin with.

LosDaddie

Banned
eh, this is why you don't reveal too much about yourself online, especially if you want to be (pretend hardass) moderator. You make enemies. Enemies who will want to ruin you.

And GAF being the popular forum that it is, there are splinter forums where banned members go to cry their hearts out. In fact, I'm sure OA and TB are reading this thread right now (hi guys)

january of this year
KvLMX.png

hmm...kinda clears up why Ami has an aggressive, e-thug personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom