• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF is going kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.

besada

Banned
The posters on GAF are no more likely to be wrong or right than any other collection of people in the same age and experience range. More to the point, you have to learn to live your life in the face of adversity. If that means tuning out from the news, then tune out from the news. If it means getting professional help, get professional help. I'm not going to pretend the U.S., or the world in general, is in the best place it's been in the last decade, but by most indicators it's STILL in better shape than it was when I grew up. We still have lower crime, higher life expectancies, and a more equitable world than the one I came into. The constant drumbeat of the media focuses entirely on the negative, and creates an internalized picture of the world that is skewed towards the horrific. But for every murder there are a hundred people loving each other. For every terrorist act, a thousand people are building something new. If you focus entirely on what is wrong with the world, then naturally you will only see misery and pain. That doesn't mean you don't fight to correct injustice, but it does mean taking a sober and clear-eyed look at the world and understanding that injustice isn't the only thing we have. You're no good to the struggle if you're gibbering alone in your room, afraid to come out.

Get off GAF, go outside, love someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom