• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, Let's Create Our Dream Pokemon Teams

latest

Breloom
Ability: technician
Held item:life orb
Move set:spore,mach punch,bullet seed,swords dance

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Grass? Shaymin is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, but since no Legendaries are allowed, I'll say Roserade. It's an awesome evolution to Roselia that seriously nailed everything it needed to. What's not to like? :D

I'm also so happy that Electivire was mentioned/made it in. Whoever said him, you're an awesome person.
Here, let me help:

Roserade

Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Toxic, Giga Drain, Venoshock, Venom Drench

WhyMe6

Breloom

Yes! Breloom! This guy is such a troll, I love him. Great choice. I must admit, for nostalgia's sake, I'm more partial to the OG Focus Punch spamming, hahahahaha.

That's six grass types, I believe! If I may, I'd like to nominate the next type: Flying! With the first nomination, one of my favourite Pokemon: Tropius. I absolutely love this thing! I don't know why, hahahaha. It's even taking my nomination over two of my other ultimate favourites, Noctowl and Articuno.

357.png

Tropius@Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
- Air Slash
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Let's see those birds! Noctowl! Hawlucha! Emolga! Ducklett! <3

Hikami

This is interesting to me. When I used one in Black I thought it was just okay. Maybe all I needed was to give it this moveset.

Yep. I start off with Sleep Powder usually so I can power up with Quiver Dance. When they switch I use Teeter Dance next to confuse them since they may have switched to something to counter the Sleep Powder. After 3-4 power ups or until I take a hit (Focus Sash to survive the hit since her EVs are Speed and Special Attack) I petal dance and it's checkmate. You get confused after Petal Dance but a Lilligant with the Own Tempo ability prevents that. She's rarely used so your opponent usually doesn't know what she's capable of.

Kneefoil

Ledian was a great pick for Bug team. Considered him myself.

Flying has lots of great Pokémon, too, but I think I have to use my pick for this one, even though it's another partially grass type. I just like this thing too much.

6PjzFqW.png

Jumpluff
Item: N/A
Ability: Infiltrator
- Sleep Powder
- U-Turn
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

Grass

sawsbuck-winter.gif

Sawsbuck
Female
Ability: Chlorophyll
Item: Big Root
Moves: Horn Leech, Attract, Substitute, Swords Dance

In my first play of Blaze Black 2 last year I was getting murdered by the Elite 4 Marshall, specifically since I decided to start with him and after setting up these moves with Sawsbuck I took him out with her singlehandedly and most of the Elite 4. All you need to do is to put Sawsbuck against a male pokemon first, put on Attract, then while infatuated Substitute for extra protection, spam Swords Dance, and then Horn Leech for a one hit kill. If she ever gets hit the damage from Horn Leech with the Big Root will likely recover any lost health.

Grass! I've been waiting for this. :D

lilligant.gif

Lilligant
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo

Moves: Petal Dance, Quiver Dance, Teeter Dance, Sleep Powder

This is my favorite Pokemon. Especially the shiny version (image I used). I can usually sweep entire teams with just her.

Shuckle Prime is my sexuality.

----

Keeping with the game though.

Ludicolo
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim

Moves: Hydro Pump, Giga Drain, Ice Beam, Rain Dance

Mega Sceptile
latest

Leaf Storm
Giga Drain
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast

latest

Breloom

Here, let me help:

Roserade

Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Toxic, Giga Drain, Venoshock, Venom Drench

Grass
sawsbuck-winter.gif
lilligant.gif
ludicolo.gif
sceptile-mega.gif
breloom.gif
roserade.gif

Sawsbuck, Lilligant, Ludicolo, Mega Sceptile, Breloom, and Roserade

Currently on Flying.

platocplx

archetops
ability:defeatist
item: none
moves: acrobatics,agility,dragon claw(maybe dragon breath due to 30% chance of paralysis),ancient power

Yes! Breloom! This guy is such a troll, I love him. Great choice. I must admit, for nostalgia's sake, I'm more partial to the OG Focus Punch spamming, hahahahaha.

That's six grass types, I believe! If I may, I'd like to nominate the next type: Flying! With the first nomination, one of my favourite Pokemon: Tropius. I absolutely love this thing! I don't know why, hahahaha. It's even taking my nomination over two of my other ultimate favourites, Noctowl and Articuno.

357.png

Tropius@Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
- Air Slash
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Let's see those birds! Noctowl! Hawlucha! Emolga! Ducklett! <3

Ledian was a great pick for Bug team. Considered him myself.

Flying has lots of great Pokémon, too, but I think I have to use my pick for this one, even though it's another partially grass type. I just like this thing too much.

6PjzFqW.png

Jumpluff
Item: N/A
Ability: Infiltrator
- Sleep Powder
- U-Turn
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

latest

Emolga
Ability:motordrive
Held item: leftovers
Move set:taunt,uturn,encore,Roost

Drifblim
Item: Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden

Acrobatics
Will-o-wisp
Substitute
Destiny Bond

archetops
ability:defeatist
item: none
moves: acrobatics,agility,dragon claw(maybe dragon breath due to 30% chance of paralysis),ancient power

Staraptor
Ability: Intimidate
Item: White Herb
Moves: Aerial Ace, Close Combat, Roost, U-Turn

Flying

tropius.gif
jumpluff.gif
emolga.gif
drifblim.gif
archeops.gif
staraptor.gif

Next person picks the type.

Types left: Fighting, Psychic, Ghost, Rock, Ground, Fairy, Dragon, Ice, and Poison

Wichu

POISON

Starting with the best Poison-type:

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Battle Armor
Impish 252HP/252Def/4Spe
Acupressure
Taunt
Rest
Night Slash

EDIT: Offended that you left out Poison, but as I've been beaten by seconds, it'll have to be the Poison/Fighting type then:

Toxicroak @ Focus Sash
Dry Skin
Adamant 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Swords Dance
Drain Punch
Sucker Punch
Poison Jab

WhyMe6

062.png

Poliwrath@Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
- Vacuum Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

I decided on special because Vacuum Wave is too cool for school.

WhyMe6

What's it like using a Poliwrath? I never bothered to because of trading and it's just a swole Poliwhirl.

It's unexpectedly bulky and has a ton of useful resistances, but I wish Choice Specs wasn't it's only viable special attacking booster :( But, having Vacuum Wave is awesome! Hmmmm, I'm gonna edit my post to change it to a special attacker, because our fighting team will have too many physical attackers!

Kneefoil

knAF7uS.png

Medicham
Item: Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt

What's it like using a Poliwrath? I never bothered to because of trading and it's just a swole Poliwhirl.

Isn't 'Wrath just Water Stone? Politoed requires trading w/ King's Rock though.

hitmonlee.gif

Hitmonlee
Ability: Reckless
Item: Poison Gem
Moves: Fake Out, Hi-Jump Kick, Rapid Spin, Poison Jab

Fighting
sawk.gif
toxicroak.gif
poliwrath.gif
medicham-mega.gif
lucario.gif
hitmonlee.gif

Types left: Poison, Ghost, Psychic, Fairy, Rock, Ground, Ice, and Dragon

Edit: I also checked out that OU site and used Gaf's Fire Team. It's been a little while since I played pokemon so I admit I made some dumb choices at first, but I still won. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-408949187

WhyMe6

Wichu wanted Poison, so let's go with Poison! Awesome Drapion was already picked, so I'll go with one of my favourite mons of the sixth generation:

Dragalge@Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

As incredibly cool as Bolt/Blast/Double Beam Nidoking is, Dragalge needs more love <3

Types left: Poison, Ghost, Psychic, Fairy, Rock, Ground, Ice, and Dragon

Edit: I also checked out that OU site and used Gaf's Fire Team. It's been a little while since I played pokemon so I admit I made some dumb choices at first, but I still won. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-408949187

Nicely done! And you didn't even get to use the trump card, Torkoal ;)

Kneefoil

Poison's the best. I had a hard time choosing between Muk, Weezing, Swalot and Roserade, so I chose not to choose any of them.

Dtz2wXN.png

Amoonguss
Item: Big Root
Ability: Regenerator
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

nidoking.gif

Nidoking

Ability: Sheer Force
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Never realized Nidoking had such a diverse movepool at his disposal. I like him even more now.

Kneefoil

That's 6 Poison types. How about we follow up with a Psychic team, since it's strong against Poison.

UyFHZIK.gif

Meloetta
Item: Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
- Relic Song
- Psychic
- Close Combat
- Dazzling Gleam

MajorMane

Given his cool new Alolan form loses his Psychic typing, let's go with...

Spr_5b_103.png

Exeggutor
Ability: Chlorophyll
-Leaf Storm
-Psyshock
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power Fire

WhyMe6

Hell yes, Lugia! Psychic is a great type with plenty of interesting dual-type mons. As much as I love Malamar (like, really really love Malamar), I have to go with another of my favourites (that I totally forgot to nominate for the Steel team):

385.png

Jirachi@Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Fire Punch

Oh, I didn't nominate Malamar for the Dark team either. Foolish.

Top Bottom