• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden 2005 Season 2 Online League: Because Halo 2 can't last forever!

hgplayer1

i seem to be connecting to Live ok and I was even able to auto download the roster but then it tells me I cant connect to EAs server.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Well I cant connect to EA's servers at all now.

Want to try again in an hour HG?

hgplayer1

yeah Im gonna watch an episode of Band of Brothers then Ill try again. do you have AIM?

ESIT: nevermind I found your AIM screen name. if it starts working for you IM me on AIM and Ill see it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yep,Ill leave my aim on.

Name I use is "adoubledg"

Matrix

HG,whats your aim name? the same as this one?

Matrix

Garbage?

Oh well GG HG.

First game ever with two user picks for me,too bad my team cant catch worth a damn.

hgplayer1

yeah this game for me is garbage. two INTs in the end zone on plays that were totally in my favor. I think something like 5 attempts to throw to my slot WR who was virtually uncovered because the man who was on him at the LOS blitzed, all failing, two of them INTs and the rest batted down by either the safety LB or the outside DB. how they even came close enough to the pass to force the imcompletion is beyond me. I just cant believe I managed 309 yards total offense, converted 6 of 14 3rd downs, won TOP 15:15 to 8:45, gained 123 yards on 17 1st down plays, and still lost. I do realize I threw 5 INTs but two were in the end zone on plays that I thought I read perfectly. it really was a good game but when I couldnt beat that DB blitz that I saw coming from a mile away I got frustrated.

Matrix

I feel for you,but atleast your guys could hold onto the ball that game.I dropped like 3 wide open catchs and had many others batted down too....the worst being on a play action and my WR Taylor was wide open and he would have been gone for a td,but no he just decides I dont like the pigskin,so Ill just let it bounce out of my hands and look like an idiot :(

I believe one of those ints in the endzone was a user pick,if I hadnt have reacted to it and picked it off with Lewis,you most likely would have had a td.

Matrix

Wellington said:
You had two against me. :( Lewis and McAllister. :(

Doh :lol First time in back to back games I had two user picks.

Fifty

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes...again

Can you picture what will be
So limitless and free
Desperately in need...of some...stranger's hand
In a...desperate land

img6944856.jpg

gg Bob. I got greedy on that punt return and paid the price. And had I not done that, I was this close to the greatest 2 minute drill in history. :)

Mrbob

Yeah GG dude. My D holding tough with a goalline stance to end the game amazing! :lol

The era of the reinvented Rams offense has begun! I didn't get many yards but at least I committed myself to the run that game! :lol

hgplayer1

doh! i completely forgot about our game. I had some company over so I was on Halo most of the day. I dont remember seeing the invite but that happens sometimes during games. Wellie can you play after the game? either that or I guess we could try tomorrow before the deadline.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
French I can't play tonight. But I am home this week so tomorrow night will be fine for me if you can play. Let me know.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Great game HG. You stopped me better than anyone else really has. Would have been a tighter game had keyshawn not dropped that crucial third and long ball just outside the 2 minute warning.

Matrix

Wellington said:
Great game HG. You stopped me better than anyone else really has. Would have been a tighter game had keyshawn not dropped that crucial third and long ball just outside the 2 minute warning.

22-0 ..always remember :(

*Weeps about the last game against you*

Fifty

HG, when do you want to play? The round advances on tuesday, and I'd love to be able to play that night, because wednesday is my birthday, but thursday would work I suppose.

Fifty

14. That's what I tell the ladiez!

14 inches!

But really, I'm turning 23. One year for every point I'll score in the rest of the season.

hgplayer1

Fifty said:
HG, when do you want to play? The round advances on tuesday, and I'd love to be able to play that night, because wednesday is my birthday, but thursday would work I suppose.

yeah we can try for tuesday night.

Fifty

Ok. I know I can play then, so any trying is on your end. 9 pm is the soonest we can play (all times eastern) but I'm free all night really. I understand if you don't know for sure, but give me an estimated time, whenever you can. If it's 9-11 ish that's ok, as long as you post here...I'll be checking the boards. But I won't just be on Madden waiting, so if you're on halo, don't expect an invite ;p

hgplayer1

Fifty said:
Ok. I know I can play then, so any trying is on your end. 9 pm is the soonest we can play (all times eastern) but I'm free all night really. I understand if you don't know for sure, but give me an estimated time, whenever you can. If it's 9-11 ish that's ok, as long as you post here...I'll be checking the boards. But I won't just be on Madden waiting, so if you're on halo, don't expect an invite ;p

9 is good for me. Ill see you then.

Matrix

DM,can you play tomorrow night at like 10 or 11 pm eastern?

Matrix

Fifty said:
It seems you are now the one without a life Mr. DM!

:lol

I got work to do DM and I have a horrible f-ing headache.

Fifty

Good job HG. I played like shit, and I deserved to lose. Some bad breaks, yeah, but those always happen, I can't use them as excuses. I made one silly mistake, in hitting Y instead of L as the CB at the goal, and I really regret that, but I got a pick with that shitty CB, so it's not all bad. Oh wait, I think it is :lol Once again, I'm crumbling as the season wears on. Pretty damn shitty play, and pretty shitty feeling to keep losing, but at least you've kept at it and you deserved to win.

edit: Thanks for the birthday wishes, it's tomorrow, so don't worry folks, I didn't spend my birthday suffering a horrible loss in Madden. :D

Mrbob

Ok cool. I have no big plans to go out tonight as it looks like I'm going to be stuck at home looking outside at the blizzard that is about to hit...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
Surprise surprise Dskillz did not make it tonight!

Tomorrow I am around all night... again.

I can play tonight. I totally forgot about playing while watching USC/Oklahoma and Ashley Simpson get boo'd off stage.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
Dskillz, I am online all night again...

I will be as well...I am working late, until atound 8PM your time. So I should be logging on around 9 your time.

Matrix

Finally beat DM...and it took everything I had and a ton of luck... :(

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Finally beat DM...and it took everything I had and a ton of luck... :(

:lol

Both of my losses have been in the 4th quarter...did my Miracle Juice running out?! Nooooooooo!

Top Bottom