• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden 2005 Season 2 Online League: Because Halo 2 can't last forever!

Fifty

We're moving along well. I took the Colts...trading my D for offense, which might be very risky considering I have the Ravens playbook memorized, know the team from front to back, and it's easier to dominate in D than it is on offense in this game. I hope the game is realistic and I can throw 6 TD passes a game :D

Matrix - Pick your team, Mike Doss says..
CK - Giants
Dskillz - Jags
Fifty - Brandon Stokley's Colts
FMT Tim Dwight's Chargers
Mr. Bob - Reno Mahe's Eagles
DM - Brad Johnson's....Wait, Chris Simm's.....err Brian Griese's Bucs!!
Ramirez - (not 100%) - Pittsburgh Ketchupmen
Gunstar -
DJ -

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Whats funny is every time I have ever played with the Colts on O I have sucked :lol I can dominate with Carr but always play like shit with Manning.

I wonder how I'll do with Chad,Ive done decent with him the couple of times Ive played with the Jets.I was tempted to pick the Titans,but I really dont like playing with high ranking teams in the game on both O and D.

holy crap dudes 2 teams i potentially wanted already off the board! lets see.....

i'll take the chargers. KEENAN IS COMING FOR YOU DM! YOU KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN!

Mrbob

Ok, lets see how good FMTs nemesis truly is.

I'll take the Eagles.

If Gunstar objects I'm taking the super bowl champ Pats!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I changed my mine...I want either the Texans or Titans :D I'll let you know which one by the end of the day Fifty.

Fifty

You won't do any better against " THE POWER OF DOSS " with another team! I'm getting used to playing safety, and that means good things happen. Sneaking Sorgi got to your head on that final drive. That kid's got heart.

Matrix

:lol

You played great with Doss,but no way in hell would you do that to me if I was using the Texans :p

Fifty

Since I'm 99.9% sure that ramirez is taking the Steelers, I'll say that the last two members, DJ and Gunstar can go ahead and pick their teams now...I'm not sure who gets the first pick of those two, I'll say Gunstar because he probably should have been in season 1.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
I would like to use the Eagles but if someone has first pick at them then they can use them. Give me the Greenbay Packers.

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
change bobs team to the pats. i guarantee!

Changing anyone's team to the Pats is the last thing I'd want to do...But my hands are tied. He will use the godly Pats, and Gunstar the uber godly Eagles.

Matrix - Good ratings, last place...The Titans
CK - Giants
Dskillz - Jags
Fifty - Brandon Stokley's Colts
FMT Tim Dwight's Chargers
Mr. Bob - The best team in the game
DM - Brad Johnson's....Wait, Chris Simm's.....err Brian Griese's Bucs!!
Ramirez - (not 100%) - Falcons
Gunstar - Philthydelphia Feebles
DJ -(not 100%) Legendary Joe Gibbs' Redskins

Matrix

Fifty...I'm going to stay loyal to Houston and pick the Titans :p

Matrix

Matrix

FMT...Pick the Jets....Chad says..

"Do it for the kids"
chadpennington.jpg

truelize i must reiterate that this is a league that moves very quickly. it's a 3 day time limit between games. if you don't think you can get games in during that short span, then dont join. its one thing to hurt your own team, but we cannot assign wins. if you miss a game, BOTH teams get a tie. so just keep that in mind. but, if 3 days sounds reasonable to you, by all means join up we would be happy to have you :D

beat bob again in exhibition last night. another "fluke" victory for me, but if there is going to be one rule in the league it is this:

- NO double safety bluff calls. and what i mean by that is when you shift your safeties to come to the line of scrimage to act like they are blitzing, and infact they are NOT blitzing. this move is bullshit because it is difficult to run AND pass against it. if you run, the safeties are already in position, and if you pass they are dropping back into coverage anyways. so dont use it guys. i know bob was only using it cause of exhibition so im not talking shit. just saying that type of defense is ricockulous

Matrix

" NO double safety bluff calls. and what i mean by that is when you shift your safeties to come to the line of scrimage to act like they are blitzing, and infact they are NOT blitzing. this move is bullshit because it is difficult to run AND pass against it. if you run, the safeties are already in position, and if you pass they are dropping back into coverage anyways. so dont use it guys. i know bob was only using it cause of exhibition so im not talking shit. just saying that type of defense is ricockulous"

:lol I think thats what Bob did to me last night in our exhibition game,only difference is I'm not as good as you,so I couldnt get a fluke victory :(

I know Bob didnt use it all game against me,but when he did...you cant run or pass like you said.Bob never plays like this in league games...soooo Bob did you let my Texans beat your Bears in season 1? >_<

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Well I guess I ain't blitzing my safeties because now everyone will know that I am coming and just hot route.

i can live with CB blitzing. i can't live with people bringing their safeties up on everydown because there is literally NO way to beat it on a consistent basis, ESPECIALLY if you have a lower ranked team. i think people should win the game with their playcalling (and a little luck eh bob!), not with gimmick defensive plays that have a 70%+ success ratio

Mrbob

:lol

I agree it is pretty bad. I kept on calling the same play (It's a quarters formation) and stacked my safeties at the line to see if it would work. And yes, it definitely does. Besides, there was no way in hell I was letting you score any more points that game after my return game fumbled away 3, yes, 3 balls again ALL returned for tds wtf damn you and your gameshark FMT! :lol

First fumble on a kick return. Second one I CALLED FING FAIR CATCH AGAIN on a punt return and the ball bounced off his chest and into FMTS hands. I swear this is a bug to have the same thing happen twice. I'd like to try it out some more in exhibition games though to find out. Third time my punt returner fumbled by getting hit when he caught it. Having two fair catches get bobbled in two games I said fuck it and just went for the return. Backfired. Fucking ridiculous.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn I didn't think this was a problem. I always just assumed that if I was running, and they are caught up in blocks, I'd just blow so far passed the defenders that it'd be a free touchdown if I could get around it. I mean I do the fake blitz from the 3-4 on goal-line situations, but I didn't think it was abuse.

What's wrong with CB blitzing? They give away the fact that they are blitzing by their pre-snap motions, so you know who should be open. :|

I dunno, I still hold that the game is a bit unbalanced due to some of the defensive adjustments that were made this year, but I don't complain about it since both players have to deal with it and it isn't unfair or a chance circumstance *cough*ESPN*cough*.

By the way I had just signed in today, didn't see DM's post.

Slo

I only use it when I'm trying to stop the run, not all the time. It's cheesy as fuck when people do it every play. Especially when you play only quarter defense, bring the safeties to the line, play bump and run, and blitz every play! You can't pass or run against that shit. Hell I lined up in Goal Line O and somehow had safeties blowing up my backfield play after play.

Fifty

I guess DJ forgot about this.

Anyway, we should have gone with 10 people, I really don't think we'll get 12 (reliable) people again.

dj didn't forget. he is permabanned from gaming-age for "trolling" a nintendo thread. he has 21 days left on his ban or something. i contacted him about it and he is going to sign up

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes truelize, you can. what team do you want?

I'm guessing from Matrix's rant in the ESPN thread that now it is too late to join. Is it?

I'll join if you need another player. I have no clue what team I should use though.

As for the three day time limit on games. That's not a big problem. I'm only out of town three more days this year and I'll do what I can to make the games. Sorry if I'm the bad player in these leagues. I'm just not that good at managing my time with these types of things.

Matrix

My rant was to get you to respond and it worked.I dont care if you play or dont play,my rant wasnt stopping you from replying and signing up.I'm sorry if I came off as an ahole but when I see that you can post saying you want in and then dont respond when we set up the league with a space for you,well it annoyed me a little.

truelize: go sign up now. i already gave you the "speech" (about playing the games in a timely manner). you have said you have no problem with it, so you are good to go. go sign in now with whatever team you want. DJ just signed in, so after truelize signs in we will have 11/12 signed up

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K I'm in with the Vikings.

Now I know why I couldn't get the Premium pass to work before. I had never linked my gamertag to EAsports. Ugh.

So when do we get started?

And I'll do my best to make sure I'm around to play these games.

Matrix

hgplayer1 said:
I can sign in to fill the last spot if nobody else has taken it.

Yea please sign in..we need one more person now.Slo was only going to play if we were desperate.

Maverick

I want in, ladies. I have a lot more free time this semester. I got the Madden love back after that Ramirez game.

I'll take some other team than the Pats too so you ladies don't sob anymore about "99!" "99!"

I'd much rather have another team. If hg is busy or anyone else, I got the time.

I'll even take the Chargers. Or my beloved Steelers if you let me.

Top Bottom