• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden 2005 Season 2 Online League: Because Halo 2 can't last forever!

Mrbob

Just so you guys don't misinterpret what FMT said. He isn't saying to ban the quarters blitz formation with your linebackers and cb. Just don't stack your safeties to the line of scrimmage as it makes an offensive play nearly impossible to run.

i have the schedule made and ready to go. it's all a matter of DM signing online and inputting it (he technically is the commish as he created the league!)

if you want me to post the schedule here for you guys to see i can

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I think FMT or DM should write whatever the rules will be in the league. Just to spell it out so that everyone knows what is allowed and what is frowned on in the league. I am looking forward to this season, should be alot of fun.

here are all the details YOU need to know about the season to league:

Think for yourself question authority! Follow these simple rules to gain the respect of your peers:

* NO BRINING THE SAFETIES UP TO BLUFF BLITZ OUT OF QUARTERS OR ANY OTHER FORMATION! if you are going to blitz your safeties, fine. but no bluff blitzing. this is cheap and dirty.

* NO MANUAL BLITZING. you can't take control of the cb/lb and blitz in. reason being is the A.I. blocking can't keep up with you under any circumstances. if you want to control the defensive line thats fine.

* Basically, if something is CHEESE,and you know its cheese, dont use it. i dont think i need to spell everything out though as most of us know what is legit and what is fair (fumbling on kick returns maybe unfair bob, but it is not cheese :D )

---------------------------------------

League Length: 17 weeks, 16 games (1 bye week per team)
Playoff Format: Top team in each division, plus 2 Wildcards per conference
Difficulty: All-madden
Time limit per game: 6 minutes
Time limit between games: 3 days

Here are some frequently asked questions you may have (mostly for the new guys):

Q: What happens if I don't play my game?
A: You and your opponent BOTH get a tie! We have no control over this! Don't be an a-hole and miss a game, thereby not only screwing yourself but also your opponent. If you dont have the hour to play the game that week, at least have the decency to go play your opponent and "quit" so he gets the win.

Q: Can I quit the league once it begins?
A: No. If you do, whoever you play the rest of the year will just get a tie. Don't be that guy!

Q: What happened in season 1? I'm curious as to who the champion was.
A: 49ers. Just like in real life they rose like the phoenix from the wildcard ashes to win the superbowl over ramirez. How sweet it was ladies... how sweet it was.

SCHEDULING/DIVISIONS:

NFC 1 - Buccaneers, Jaguars, Giants
NFC 2 - Colts, Ravens, Cowboys

AFC 1 - Rams, Redskins, Falcons
AFC 2 - Jets, Eagles, Vikings

week 1:

Giants Vs Jaguars
Bucs Vs Cowboys
Colts Vs Ravens

Vikings Vs Falcons
Jets Vs Eagles
Rams Vs Redskins

week 2:

Giants Vs Cowboys
Jags Vs Ravens
Bucs Vs Colts

Vikes Vs Eagles
Jets Vs Rams
Falcons Vs Redskins

week 3:

Giants Vs Bucs
Jags Vs Colts
Cowboys Vs Ravens

Rams Vs Vikings
Jets Vs Redskins
Eagles Vs Falcons

week 4:

Giants Vs Ravens
Bucs Vs Jags
Cowboys Vs Colts

Jets Vs Vikings
Eagles Vs Redskins
Rams Vs Falcons

Week 5:

Colts Vs Giants
Jags Vs Cowboys
Bucs Vs Ravens

Jets, Vikings, Redskins, Eagles, Rams, Falcons: Bye

Week 6:

Eagles Vs Vikings
Jets Vs Rams
Falcons Vs Redskins

Colts, Ravens, Bucs, Jags, Giants, Cowboys: bye

week 7:

Giants Vs Jags
Bucs Vs Cowboys
Colts Vs Ravens

Vikings Vs Redskins
Falcons Vs Jets
Rams Vs Eagles

Week 8:

Giants Vs Bucs
Jags Vs Ravens
Cowboys Vs Colts

Vikings Vs Falcons
Eagles Vs Jets
Rams Vs Redskins

Week 9:

Colts Vs Giants
Jags Vs Bucs
Cowboys Vs Ravens

Vikings Vs Jets
Eagles Vs Redskins
Rams Vs Falcons

Week 10:

Giants Vs Ravens
Jaguars Vs Cowboys
Bucs Vs Colts

Redskins Vs Vikings
Jets Vs Falcons
Rams Vs Eagles

Week 11:

Bucs Vs Giants
Colts Vs Jaguars
Cowboys Vs Ravens

Eagles Vs Vikings
Jets Vs Redskins
Rams Vs Falcons

Week 12:

Cowboys Vs Giants
Jaguars Vs Bucs
Ravens Vs Colts

Jets Vs Vikings
Falcons Vs Eagles
Redskins Vs Rams

Week 13:

Jaguars Vs Giants
Bucs Vs Ravens
Colts Vs Cowboys

Rams Vs Vikings
Eagles Vs Jets
Redskins Vs Falcons

Week 14:

Eagles Vs. Jaguars
Jets Vs. Giants
Vikings Vs. Bucs
Falcons Vs. Colts
Rams Vs. Ravens
Redskins Vs. Cowboys

Week 15:

Eagles Vs. Bucs
Jets Vs. Colts
Vikings Vs. Jaguars
Falcons Vs. Cowboys
Rams Vs Giants
Redskins Vs Ravens

Week 16:

Eagles Vs. Giants
Jets Vs. Ravens
Vikings Vs. Cowboys
Falcons Vs. Bucs
Rams Vs. Colts
Redskins Vs Jaguars

Week 17:

Eagles Vs Cowboys
Jets Vs Bucs
Vikings Vs Giants
Falcons Vs Ravens
Rams Vs Jaguars
Redskins Vs Colts

Fifty

Thanks a lot FMT. Get to work doing inputting that data tonight DM....Make sure to double check it, I made some errors my first time through. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
* NO MANUAL BLITZING. you can't take control of the cb/lb and blitz in. reason being is the A.I. blocking can't keep up with you under any circumstances. if you want to control the defensive line thats fine.

Finally! DM's cheese is stopped!

About the bluff blitz, what about out of other formations? Ah screw it... it'd still be tough to really tell. Usually I do it and call the Engage Eight play so it's a monster blitz and only three dudes drop back into zone, but it would be cheese if I called prevent and bluffed. :lol Can I still use it on the goal-line at least? 3rd or 4th and 1/inches?

*IMPORTANT!!!

one last thing: i have been thinking of doing individual player stat tracking. it would take a little effort on EVERYONES part writing the stats down. so, lets try this out and see how it goes. PM or email me or DM your individual player stats. I would prefer that BOTH players involved in the game send the stats, but if its only one player then so be it. anyways like i said we'll give it a shot early in the season and if people aren't liking it we'll do away with it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Top player stats from your team?

Fifty

Well, week one has started. I guess DM set it up already.

Week one // Round Ends: 12/02/04 6:03 PM PST

Giants - Jaguars
Buccaneers - Cowboys
Colts - Ravens
Vikings - Falcons
Jets - Eagles
Rams - Redskins

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
True...any idea when you can play?

Tonight is good. Can I give you a time when I get home? But I think 9 my time would be best. That's 11:00 est.
I hope that works out for you too.

I don't want to be a drama queen. I don't like to tell people about personal things but if I have trouble making it to games this week it's because my mom was rushed into the hospital Sunday afternoon (I found out Monday at noon) and they are talking emergency heary surgury. So I'm living at the hospital right now to be with her. But I should be heading home tonight at 7:30 and therefore should be able to play our game.

Sorry for the story. I just don't want to be ripped apart if something on my end goes crazy here.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
Hmmm...11 is usually no good for me...would you be able to play any earlier tomorrow?

Well I can probably do 8 est now. I'm home much earlier than expected.
But I can't play between 9 and 11. Sorry.

Yeah tomorrow I will be able to play at whatever time you want. No problems there.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
WOW!! This is gonna be a long season. Two interceptions in the end zone, two fumbles. Three interceptions total. Just WOW!!

I think I might be a guaranteed win for all you guys.

GG Ram. That was crazy.

Ramirez

Heh,gg man,you coulda conceded if you wanted...

FMT,I wrote down the stats,I'll PM them to you,although I honestly can't see many people doin this,but it didn't take me more than 10 minutes...if someone could like type up a template for us so we could print it out and not have to write passing/ints/etc. down everytime that would be great.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize, shit happens... especially when you play Ramirez for some reason. :| We all have bad games (especially against Ramirez).

Here's something you can use if you want to make it easy on yourself. Add anything you guys want. Activate the emailing of stats after the game, it could help.

QB Name:
QB Rating:
Completions:
Attempts:
Completion %:
Yards:
Ints thrown:
TDs thrown:
Times sacked:

RB Name:
Carries:
Yards:
Yards per carry:
Touchdowns:
Fumbles:
Receptions:
Receiving Yards:
Longest run:

Receiver Name:
Receptions:
Yards:
Yards after catch:
Touchdowns:
Fumbles:
Average yards per catch:

Defensive Player Name:
Tackles:
Sacks:
Forced Fumbles:
Ints:

Of course, you don't have to do it for every player, just whoever you want. Copy paste as needed or add more categories as wanted.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So is Ram one of the best??? Cause that was the worst beating I've ever gotten in a football game ever.

Fifty

What motherfucking shit. Seriously.....Jeez I feel sick. Well, I am sick..got a bad cold, but this makes it worse. Lesson ONE: SAVE A PAUSE FOR WHEN YOU WANT TO CONCEDE

I had no fun on the first drive...Matrix had the ball and he scored...Darn, I have to step it up! Ok, I can do that. My first play is a dud, I don't panic...my second play......77 YARD PA TD from Manning to Marvin!!! Wait....Someone's down....It's Manning! Out for the game with broken ribs!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAH

Ok, so I go from the team with an average D, and good WRs, and Manning as the QB.....to a team with an average D, and good WRs that can't catch shit because a fucking retard (JIM SORGI) is throwing them the ball. YES! I mean...YES!!

Oh lord. I don't believe in you, but you have cast down your judgement, and you have told me that leaving the Ravens to run to Peyton's sweet embrace was a bad, bad choice. Please forgive me!

So is Ram one of the best??? Cause that was the worst beating I've ever gotten in a football game ever.

oh he's one of the best... sadly he lost in the season 1 superbowl. i forgot who he lost to though... refresh my memory ramirez

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Fifty..Most people would feel bad about you losing your QB in the first game but not me :p Ive had that shit happen to me twice before,I will say it sucks big time :(

I figured if Manning hadnt gotten hurt you would have put up atleast 2 more td's maybe more,but I'm not sure if its cause you're sick but your D was off even before the bs injury ..I was going down the field passing on you using Boller..wtf :lol

Also that was my first game ever winning a game without throwing a passing td :|

I know for a fact you would have been right in the game had Manning not fallen,so I'm not feeling that great about my team...I need to practice passing with Boller...I would like to throw a couple of tds this season.

"Lesson ONE: SAVE A PAUSE FOR WHEN YOU WANT TO CONCEDE"

Shit..I should have offered,I just figured since FMT wanted stats we were to play the whole game :\

guys, the individual player stat tracking is just an experiment. the most important thing is to get the games finished, but if someone is getting their ass reamed and wants the forefit just take it. player stats aren't that important to be honest

Matrix

Ok now I know..Fifty never offered to concede cause he used up his pauses :( Im not 100% sure I had a pause left to offer.

Ramirez

oh he's one of the best... sadly he lost in the season 1 superbowl. i forgot who he lost to though... refresh my memory ramirez

Yea,I was just giving you an early Christmas present :lol

Watch out ladies,CB blitz me all you want to now,I have Vick!

dskillzhtown

Week 1

Jags versus Giants
dskillzhtown versus Willie
The 2nd longest rivalry in the GAF Madden league...

The battle of 2 young quarterbacks, Leftwich and Manning. 2 aging, but still impressive backs, Barber and Taylor. 2 Tight ends that any team would love to have, Brady and Shockey. Which team will emerge victorious????

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
dskillzhtown said:
Week 1

Jags versus Giants
dskillzhtown versus Willie
The 2nd longest rivalry in the GAF Madden league...

The battle of 2 young quarterbacks, Leftwich and Manning. 2 aging, but still impressive backs, Barber and Taylor. 2 Tight ends that any team would love to have, Brady and Shockey. Which team will emerge victorious????

Where the fuck are you dude!? Are you scared!? Ready for your 100th ass whoopin from me!? Well maybe not 100th, but we played a fuckton of games against each other. :lol

hgplayer1

DMczaf said:
Can you play now?

um I was in Halo most of the evening and not really paying attention to the forum. I was checking to see if you ever logged on to Live but the times I checked I didnt see you on. Im eating right now but Ill be logged onto AIM and checking here until Im done.

dskillzhtown

Wellington said:
Where the fuck are you dude!? Are you scared!? Ready for your 100th ass whoopin from me!? Well maybe not 100th, but we played a fuckton of games against each other. :lol

Dude, I JUST got home. Writing a pre-game rant from work doesn't pay off as I just got home from work. I am going to call in sick tomorrow, so I should be ready to play all day.

Fifty

League advances at 9:03 (roughly, we all know we can't rely on Evil EA) eastern tonight. Good thing in that we can start playing the next week's games this night, but it's tougher for people who need to get their game done on the final night. It all balances out, so I don't care..I'm just posting this to let everyone know that they can start setting up their games for week 2. :)

Giants Cowboys -
Jaguars Ravens -
Buccaneers Colts -
Vikings Eagles -
Jets Rams -
Falcons Redskins

hgplayer1

I just want to rant a little about how much I hate this game. I promise I wont do this for at least another few weeks. In my game last night I saw some of the silliest BS Ive ever seen.

there was a punt I think where the other team fumbled the ball and it went into the end zone and my guy got on top of it and scored a TD but a flag was thrown on the play the TD was taken away from me. I think it was on a punt and the penalty that was called was catch interference or something like that but I could have sworn everything was clean and that it was simply a fumble. i would have looked at the replay but you cant friggin look at replays only. I guess maybe the technology isnt that advanced yet or something.......

I had a wide open pass to my FB in the flat that would have given me a chance at a first down so I zipped it out to him only to have it thud right off his hands.

it seems like every time I find one of my receivers in one on one situations and I throw the ball its almost always INTed. i had my best receiving TE in a route and at best the LB probably would have been able to hit my guy and knock the ball loose but no instead he makes an INT that makes it look like i threw it right to him. i had another one where my WR was cutting out right in front of a DB and i zinged it to him and the DB who was backpedaling zipped right to the ball like it was magnetized or something and took the INT. I just dont get what im supposed to be seeing that tells me my man is open enough to throw the ball because as soon as i think my guy has an advantage and I throw it, it goes to shit. I did manage to complete what I think was the only long deep pass Ive ever completed of the top of a defender. Im not sure what I did differently that all the other times Ive throw those kinds of passes. I guess that WR happened to have a higher rating than the defender. Im starting to think thats the only thing that really matters in this game.

there was this one run that I tried and I only needed like 2 yards for the first down and I had a FB leading me to the left off tackle. there were only two LBs in the box and they pinched in right over center so I felt pretty good about the play getting me enough yards for the first down. snap, my FB heads left, I follow him closely........oh what do ya know, the damn DE came clean off his block to swallow me up from behind. running sucks in this game.

Fifty

I've said to FMT a few times that if we had replays, we'd think the game was a lot worse than it was. :lol It's probably true...Whenever I'd see a crazy thing in ESPN, I'd check it out via replay, but in Madden...since we can't do that, you don't linger with the bad moments as long, and you're forced to move on.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Alright Gunstar. I'm around all weekend. I can't play after 10 est today. And I might be playing my basketball game with Theo.

But if you can play ealier today than that would work.

Fifty

Thing about Gunstar is.....he's only around past midnight. Hope it works out though....you do have the weekend afterall.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am home tonight all night HG. Tomorrow I likely will not be available, and I can make time for you Saturday afternoon, but tonight would be prefered since I am already pumped for a game. How's 10 PM EST sound?

For those that want to find me: AIM Nick: InsecureKillah IRC: CK in #ga on irc.opa-ages.com

If I am home I am on IRC. Anytime after 6 PMEST on weekdays (except friday) you are almost guaranteed to find me. Sundays I am also home all day watching football.

Top Bottom