• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Palmer_v1

Ah, yes, I guess this could work if you leave out the Doppleganger role. Anyway, if you still need an extra player for the game, I am willing to jump in.

Yeah, I kinda remember doppleganger being a mess. There's a Daybreak "expansion" as well as some kind of Bonus Pack that also can add roles. Not sure what we would want to integrate. My only experience is with the base ONUW.

RetroMG

Yeah, I kinda remember doppleganger being a mess. There's a Daybreak "expansion" as well as some kind of Bonus Pack that also can add roles. Not sure what we would want to integrate. My only experience is with the base ONUW.

Yeah, that's why I took Doppleganger out. And I've never seen Daybreak played, so I left it out as well. If this becomes hugely popular, maybe we can look into it, but I like traditional ONUW.

Retro, don't forget about me! :(

Sorry! You're in, I promise.

RetroMG

Signup for ONUW is now closed. We're full up. You can still visit the signup thread to sign up for any additional games. (Or to be a replacement, if one is needed.) I'll post the link to the game thread when it goes live.

Palmer_v1

I'll put you on the list.

The game thread is up, Role PMs are out, and we're starting early! The game thread is here.

Please try to refrain from posting if you are not playing. We are currently in the night phase.

For anyone that planned to observe the ONUW game, we've started our official Day phase now. This is our rough first pass at the game, so things will most likely change next time.

RetroMG

After a very shaky start, I feel good about the ONUW game. It's proceeding really well, while I laugh maniacally in the background.

RetroMG

Darn I missed it. May I sign up as a replacement?

We aren't doing replacements because it's a one-round game, but I'll put you on the list for the next game. The current game is scheduled to end on Tuesday, I believe, so we should have time for another round, depending on when the Season 3 Games start.

Would love to sign up!

Just to clarify, are you signing up for One Night Ultimate Werewolf, or for the Season 3 Mafia games?

Palmer_v1

ONUW makes me believe in Fate. We've immediately devolved into a state where 2 game moderators are going at each other, Karkador is possibly betraying everyone, and Barrylocke is one of the more logical lynch candidates. Good times!

Nin1000 is the only wildcard.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry about the delay for starting the main games. My computer is currently bust and I'm restricted to mobile posting, and there's a bunch of stuff I need to pass onto the game-runners. I'm expecting to be able to have it done Monday at the latest but I may see if I can borrow a computer before then just so you're not waiting much longer.

nin1000

Banned
Sorry about the delay for starting the main games. My computer is currently bust and I'm restricted to mobile posting, and there's a bunch of stuff I need to pass onto the game-runners. I'm expecting to be able to have it done Monday at the latest but I may see if I can borrow a computer before then just so you're not waiting much longer.

No rush Crab, just get ir all sorted out. I think that pause will only be helpful for everyone involved, since we all could rest our minds a little and relax while awaiting the new season.

Palmer_v1

Yeah no rush. A few of us are Gencon bound anyway, so starting next week would suck.

Karkador

Banned
image.php

Palmer_v1

Troublemaker might be my favorite role power in any game.

Switcher is the CLOSEST equivalent in Mafia that I know of. Conversion roles are tough to balance, and it's basically impossible to go Mafia > Town without just ruining the game immediately.

You should play next round with us.

Edit: Oh, did you see the Village Idiot role from the Daybreak expansion? It adds a guy that rotates ALL cards one player to the left or right, except for his own.

RetroMG

Edit: Oh, did you see the Village Idiot role from the Daybreak expansion? It adds a guy that rotates ALL cards one player to the left or right, except for his own.

You live to give me headaches, don't you? ;) jk

EDIT: Actually, I could just rotate them in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order, so I guess that would be doable. Maybe we will try Daybreak next game.

Fun fact: When I listed the players in the OP, I almost listed them in the order of their roles without thinking. THAT would have given a few things away if anyone had noticed it.

ultron87

Switcher is the CLOSEST equivalent in Mafia that I know of. Conversion roles are tough to balance, and it's basically impossible to go Mafia > Town without just ruining the game immediately.

You should play next round with us.

I have Daybreak but haven't played with that one yet. Might be too much crazy, lol.

I might jump in a later round but probably not the next one. Next week is too crazy with getting work into a place where I can leave for Gen Con and actually being at Gen Con.

Especially if you're paired with a Mafia Investigator, right? :)

I love Bus Driver. But I don't think we are ready for that yet. :)

Haha, I meant the ONUW one. The Animal Crossing version wasn't that bad either even though I almost screwed it up.

Palmer_v1

You live to give me headaches, don't you? ;) jk

EDIT: Actually, I could just rotate them in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order, so I guess that would be doable. Maybe we will try Daybreak next game.

Fun fact: When I listed the players in the OP, I almost listed them in the order of their roles without thinking. THAT would have given a few things away if anyone had noticed it.

haha, I just PM'd you too! Deal with it. Yeah, i was going to suggest always listing player alphabetically, and doing Village Idiot in that order, i.e. rotate cards up the list, or down the list.

Kevyt

We aren't doing replacements because it's a one-round game, but I'll put you on the list for the next game. The current game is scheduled to end on Tuesday, I believe, so we should have time for another round, depending on when the Season 3 Games start.

Just to clarify, are you signing up for One Night Ultimate Werewolf, or for the Season 3 Mafia games?

Thank you good sir!

Top Bottom