• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

RetroMG

ONUW Game one ends at 9:00 Pacific tonight, by a vote from the players. Both the night and day phase for this game were too long, which will be fixed going forward.

If you want to play in the next game and haven't told me already, let me know. I think we'll stick with Twelve players for next game, but if we have 20-24 people who want to play, I'll run two games, unless someone else volunteers to run the second game. (I've got nothing but free time for the next six weeks.)

If we can't run two games, new players will have priority, and we'll RNG any old players that want to play again.

-The next game will have a stricter and much faster timeline. 36 hours for the night phase, 36 hours for the day phase, and 24 hours after the day phase for voting. Deadlines will be hard and fast. (Phrasing.)

-Votes will be submitted secretly by PM to me.

-Roles will be pulled from both ONUW and it's Daybreak expansion.

I'll probably look to start Game 2/Game 3 next Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on any word on Mafia Season 3 starting.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
How will we be notified of what game we're in and when it starts? Will we be PMed or will there be a post? Both? Or will we just have to look out for new threads?

Karkador

Banned
When the games begin, everyone will receive a PM from the gamerunner with their secret role, and the link to their game thread.

MU4D2QX.png

I just wanna be in Launchpad's game.

RetroMG

I want to either be in Launchpad's game, (love Danganronpa,) or Ouro's game. (To see what kind of madness he has cooked up.)

RetroMG

Well... I may have snuck in some last minute action.

And here I was relaxing on the couch secure that I had the whole End Game post already written. No one had voted all day, sure nothing was going to change. Surely no one was going to cast a last minute game-changing vote. ;)

So ONUW Game One is over, and Game Two will start early next week, folks! Let me know if you want to play! (If you haven't already.)

Palmer_v1

And here I was relaxing on the couch secure that I had the whole End Game post already written. No one had voted all day, sure nothing was going to change. Surely no one was going to cast a last minute game-changing vote. ;)

It was last 45 minutes! I was sitting here watching battlebots and decided I should read through one last time. Poor barrylocke just keeps getting shit on, and once again, karkador dies for his sins.

Fireblend

Banned
Sign me up for ONUW #2, if there are any available spots after those who weren't able to play this round are accounted for.

Also, just in case we get some say about which Mafia game we wish to join, I'd love to be a part of Launchpad's. Huge fan of the Danganronpa games! :p

squidyj

my avatar says everything there is to say about my preference and i hope there isn't enough time for an onuw round 2.

Sorian

Banned
ONUW Game one ends at 9:00 Pacific tonight, by a vote from the players. Both the night and day phase for this game were too long, which will be fixed going forward.

If you want to play in the next game and haven't told me already, let me know. I think we'll stick with Twelve players for next game, but if we have 20-24 people who want to play, I'll run two games, unless someone else volunteers to run the second game. (I've got nothing but free time for the next six weeks.)

If we can't run two games, new players will have priority, and we'll RNG any old players that want to play again.

-The next game will have a stricter and much faster timeline. 36 hours for the night phase, 36 hours for the day phase, and 24 hours after the day phase for voting. Deadlines will be hard and fast. (Phrasing.)

-Votes will be submitted secretly by PM to me.

-Roles will be pulled from both ONUW and it's Daybreak expansion.

I'll probably look to start Game 2/Game 3 next Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on any word on Mafia Season 3 starting.

I think I might be late but if I'm able to play the next ONUW, I'm in.

roytheone

Hey, just to be clear, none of the games will spoil stuff of the original source material it is based on right? For example, I never played Danganronpa but I do want to try it someday, I will probably not get spoiled for the games if I got placed in that game?

Droplet

Hey, just to be clear, none of the games will spoil stuff of the original source material it is based on right? For example, I never played Danganronpa but I do want to try it someday, I will probably not get spoiled for the games if I got placed in that game?

Mods have said flavor text won't spoil anything, they'll just use material that you would get from a brief description of the source material or something that wouldn't be obvious as a spoiler without significant familiarity with it (and this is more from my own guess as to what will be included in Launchpad's game).

nin1000

Banned
Thanks for the game Retro, even though i could not do much since the game started early, it was a lot of fun to see the discussion going.

Ourobolus

Banned
Uh...mine has some small flavor text about relationships between a couple characters, but I don't know if I'd really consider it a spoiler considering how easily the relationship status is foreshadowed from episode 1.

RetroMG

ONUW? more like ONOOB bahahha

I'd join, but I'm too busy ATM with real-life stuffs to contribute :'(

Aww, this makes me sad :( If you find time, you're always welcome, Blarg.

I think I might be late but if I'm able to play the next ONUW, I'm in.

I'll be sending you a PM shortly. If you respond, you're number 12 for Game 2.

my avatar says everything there is to say about my preference and i hope there isn't enough time for an onuw round 2.

I'm assuming this is just because you're eager for Season 3 to get rolling, and not because of any beef you have with ONUW.

Hey, does anyone know who Hornets is? He popped into the QT ONUW Signup thread right after we filled the last spot. I want to invite him to Game 2, but I can't find his Gaf name. (I'm sure it's blindingly obvious and I'm just missing it.)

Hornets, if you're out there, let me know.

Palmer_v1

I'm assuming this is just because you're eager for Season 3 to get rolling, and not because of any beef you have with ONUW.

Hey, does anyone know who Hornets is? He popped into the QT ONUW Signup thread right after we filled the last spot. I want to invite him to Game 2, but I can't find his Gaf name. (I'm sure it's blindingly obvious and I'm just missing it.)

Is it RobotNinjaHornets? That's the only name that matches.

Kevyt

I'm also in the game right? Because I signed up for it since last week.

I take it you didn't forget about me based Retro. \o/

RetroMG

I'm also in the game right? Because I signed up for it since last week.

I take it you didn't forget about me based Retro. \o/

Check your PMs. I sent you one.

I sent PMs to all of the new players that I have on my list about 90 minutes ago. If you signed up and didn't get contacted, please let me know.

squidyj

that's correct I just want season 3 to come sooner, nothing wrong with ONUW

Sorian

Banned
Huh, just saw that Launchpad's game is danganronpa themed. That makes complete sense and I am now super hyped
even though I probably won't be in that one

RetroMG

All right, I have the following players for ONUW Game 2:

RobotNinjaHornets
Seath
Lord of Castamere
Kingkitty
Sorian
Swamped**
Fireblend**
Sawneeks**
Nin1000**
RoytheOne**
Zippedpinhead
CzarTim*

*New Players, have not returned the PM confirming that they are playing
**Returning players from last game

Hoping to do Role PMs tonight and post the thread tomorrow morning.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually doing it now. :D

can confirm I like my cocaine fresh off a hooker's tits, tho

RetroMG

Are we starting before this Saturday, Crab? Should I hold off on another ONUW Game?

It's fun, but I don't want it to get in the way of Season 3.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Are we starting before this Saturday, Crab? Should I hold off on another ONUW Game?

It's fun, but I don't want it to get in the way of Season 3.

I leave that up to the moderators, I don't know what stage they're at etc. I assume all of them can sort it out in their shared set-up thread. i'm just passing on the division of players, a standardized core ruleset, and a quick checklist on design so they can make any last minute necessary adjustments.

Ourobolus

Banned
I leave that up to the moderators, I don't know what stage they're at etc. I assume all of them can sort it out in their shared set-up thread. i'm just passing on the division of players, a standardized core ruleset, and a quick checklist on design so they can make any last minute necessary adjustments.

I can probably get going in a few days, depending on what's on your checklist. I'm fine with letting ONUW run once more though.

roytheone

Mods have said flavor text won't spoil anything, they'll just use material that you would get from a brief description of the source material or something that wouldn't be obvious as a spoiler without significant familiarity with it (and this is more from my own guess as to what will be included in Launchpad's game).

Alright, thanks. I am not ridiculously sensitive towards spoilers so it should be fine.

Uh...mine has some small flavor text about relationships between a couple characters, but I don't know if I'd really consider it a spoiler considering how easily the relationship status is foreshadowed from episode 1.

I trust you Ourobolus to not put big spoilers in your game. I mean, have I ever doubted that you are telling the truth? It turns out: never! Somebody should be crazy to every doubt you, you are so obviously telling the truth!

Ourobolus

Banned
I trust you Ourobolus to not put big spoilers in your game. I mean, have I ever doubted that you are telling the truth? It turns out: never! Somebody should be crazy to every doubt you, you are so obviously telling the truth!

Uh-huh. :p

Regardless, I think they're pretty minor ones for the most part. At least nothing that should detract from enjoying Archer (which you definitely would if you watched it!!)

roytheone

Uh-huh. :p

Regardless, I think they're pretty minor ones for the most part. At least nothing that should detract from enjoying Archer (which you definitely would if you watched it!!)

According to http://nl.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=uh+huh, the fact that you responded with uh-huh means that you either A) agree with me, or B) that you want me to stop talking because you are only interested in having sex with me. I hope you mean the first option, or things will get a bit awkward here.......

Top Bottom