• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Photography Q3 - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hEist

new quarter, new pictures.

here are the the last from Q2 Thread

I haven't ever posted photos on here, but I figure I should seeing as it was about 2 years ago now that I asked for DSLR buying advice in one of these threads and I went out and bought my first camera. For the first year or so I didn't get much time to use the camera due to being way too busy with work and school, however that has changed and I've been able to get much more time with my camera and kind of learn how to take photos. These are a few recent pictures that I feel pretty good about, feel free to critique me and give me helpful advice as I am still just learning (and I don't know that I ever won't be).

IMG_3894 by cireg, on Flickr

IMG_423410 by cireg, on Flickr

beach (2 of 2) by cireg, on Flickr

And the next two are a couple of old ones that I really like:

Orange by cireg, on Flickr

Yellow by cireg, on Flickr

Also I haven't really done too much in post, because to be honest I don't really know what I am doing, but each of these has a bit of work done to it of course.

Thanks for any feedback!

7463768888_bee8ea77a8_z.jpg

Experimenting/messing around -

7468952380_0599dea2e6_b.jpg

Here are some of my most recent edits.

I had this one in color but decided the car looked 'more expensive' in black and white. lol.

Black & Beautiful by Black_Tux, on Flickr

And this...

I took the photo about 6 months ago

'The Mist' by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Looking through my portfolio again I thought this pic was kinda boring..

so i re-edited it with some color

In2TheBlu by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Adds new life into an old photo, lightroom <3

123rl

Awesome canyon photos. Is that Bryce Canyon? I'm going to Utah and Arizona next September so I may visit Bryce. Zion is definitely on the agenda as is Canyonlands and Arches. I've just bought a couple of new lenses for the trip - a Canon 70-200f4IS and a Tokina 11-16f2.8

iamcenok

Are photoshops ok is this thread or is it limited to minimal tweaks and what not?

Either way, a few of my friends have been doing a theme a week thing. And it was my turn to pick and I looked at the list of Photography assignment/competition threads. I ended up picking fubar.

Edit: whoops. totally forgot to black out one of the layers

@sneaky77: Thanks very much, I am truly in love with San Sebastian, is such a lovely place.

@hEist: Thanks, tried my best to have a good angle of the photo.

@aidan: hahahaha I know, on the fourth photo on the back there was a dude dancing so funny hahahaha.

Here is my last set of that day, gonna try to keep up with taking more photos:

My Wife:

Awesome canyon photos. Is that Bryce Canyon? I'm going to Utah and Arizona next September so I may visit Bryce. Zion is definitely on the agenda as is Canyonlands and Arches. I've just bought a couple of new lenses for the trip - a Canon 70-200f4IS and a Tokina 11-16f2.8

Yea, That's Bryce, I forgot the name of the trial but it breaks up into three. Definitely recommend doing the entire loop. It's pretty chill and there's breathtaking and calming scenery all around. All the Utah parks are amazing, wish I had more time to explore. Canyonlands was the most impressive as far as the landscape goes.

A shot that I took the other day. One of my first attempts at HDR. I think I prefer it in B&W but here it is in color as well. Again, any helpful feedback is appreciated. Awesome pictures everyone takes by the way, you guys are really good. Would love to get close to your levels some day.

SeqHDR2 by cireg, on Flickr

SeqHDR by cireg, on Flickr

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I know where you took that picture from!

Now, I don't have a flickr account and so I was wondering if I can just link it from my Tumblr account?

X2 Condos? :]

Post it on you Tumblr? Sure go ahead? You have a link though?

Hey, been a viewer of these threads for a while now, a lot of great content you all have posted. Thought I would share a few pics of my own. Hope you Like them.

Milky Way
4.jpg

Royal Arch
4.jpg

Sunset over the Flat Irons
4.jpg

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
A shot that I took the other day. One of my first attempts at HDR. I think I prefer it in B&W but here it is in color as well. Again, any helpful feedback is appreciated. Awesome pictures everyone takes by the way, you guys are really good. Would love to get close to your levels some day.

SeqHDR2 by cireg, on Flickr

SeqHDR by cireg, on Flickr

i think you need more contrast in either version. Are you trying to show the rays off? If so they need more prominence.

fart

Savant
fantastic. i love that shot. excellent contrast and use of natural light.

the only criticism i might have is that bit of hair that's out of place on the top of her head. you know what i'm talking about. that would piss me off lol

Crazy-J

Banned
Flo_Evans: Those photos are so damn crisp!!! I have my eyes set on a D800, just picked up a Nikon 24-70 2.8 today and I love it. What do you think of the 28mm 1.8?

naku

Okay, I've been following and reading stuff from this forum for a long time, and finally my account validated! This is my first post. I'm just a novice what comes to photography, so it would be cool if you guys could give me some advises. Here's couple my photos:

7468364850_4f288d3860_z.jpg

7441855574_44f4b42dd7_z.jpg

7256500510_06d12de966_z.jpg

7500423836_d27c806cac_z.jpg

The rest of the you can find from here.

Edit: Okay, seems like I don't know how to insert images from Flickr. Help?

Edit2: Oh, now I got it!

Flo_Evans

Flo_Evans: Those photos are so damn crisp!!! I have my eyes set on a D800, just picked up a Nikon 24-70 2.8 today and I love it. What do you think of the 28mm 1.8?

I really like it. I was thinking of picking it up for a slightly wider "normal" lens on the d7000. Going to borrow my dads 24-70 2.8 today. Might be redundant if you already have that lens. Much smaller and lighter though :p

DD

Okay, I've been following and reading stuff from this forum for a long time, and finally my account validated! This is my first post. I'm just a novice what comes to photography, so it would be cool if you guys could give me some advises. Here's couple my photos:

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

The rest of the you can find from here.

Edit: Okay, seems like I don't know how to insert images from Flickr. Help?
Your gallery configuration does not allow hotlinking, naku, so they do not appear here.

But I've checked your Flickr page and really enjoyed your photos. Amazing colour choices!

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

naku

Your gallery configuration does not allow hotlinking, naku, so they do not appear here.

But I've checked your Flickr page and really enjoyed your photos. Amazing colour choices!

Thank you Daniel!
I've checked every single setting through twice now, but I just don't know why my hotlinks doesn't work. I can post photos, but not hotlinks. If someone does know how, could please help me? PM if it's needed. Thanks in advance.

DD

Thank you Daniel!
I've checked every single setting through twice now, but I just don't know why my hotlinks doesn't work. I can post photos, but not hotlinks. If someone does know how, could please help me? PM if it's needed. Thanks in advance.
Click on your name on Flickr (top right of the screen), and then on "Privacy and Permissions" tab (I don't know if that's how it is writen in english [even less in Finnish or Swedish =B], because my page is in portuguese. But it's on the second tab from left to right). Then, try to edit some of the settings there to see if it works.

PS: sorry for my english. I'm here to practice. D:

EDIT: oh, they're appearing now. =B

naku

Click on your name on Flickr (top right of the screen), and then on "Privacy and Permissions" tab (I don't know if that's how it is writen in english [even less in Finnish or Swedish =B], because my page is in portuguese. But it's on the second tab from left to right). Then, try to edit some of the settings there to see if it works.

PS: sorry for my english. I'm here to practice. D:

EDIT: oh, they're appearing now. =B

Yes they are in there, but they aren't hotlinks, just images, but I don't care, that's okay.

Little off-topic here, an owner of some coffee shop in California is going to let me display my photos on the wall of his coffee shop for a three months. About a dozen photos. I'm not sure when it's going to happen, but during this year. It might be possible to sell them too. And I've been doing photography less than a year!

i-Lo

Took some photos at Goodwood Festival of Speed 2012 last weekend.

Album here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pllll/sets/72157630375455934/

A couple to share quickly :)

Smokin' (Sebastian Vettel) by plovell1978, on Flickr

What a rear by plovell1978, on Flickr

Was just browsing thy gallery. Some really beautiful shots there. Thanks for posing and judging by the metadata you do work with the images in Lightroom. Now, I was wondering why you didn't rectify all the chromatic aberrations?

123rl

Yea, That's Bryce, I forgot the name of the trial but it breaks up into three. Definitely recommend doing the entire loop. It's pretty chill and there's breathtaking and calming scenery all around. All the Utah parks are amazing, wish I had more time to explore. Canyonlands was the most impressive as far as the landscape goes.

I'd love to see Bryce. I am going to Canyinlands this year though as well as Zion. Zion is a phenomenal place. There is a hike called the Narrows, which is just amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom