• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, post an image of the first game you remember playing

Archon473

gfs_38938_2_39_mid.jpg

My sister was older so she got to play our Genesis first.

hH8CZrn.png

Phantasie III: Wrath of Nikademus for the PC

I think The Incredible Machine (the original one) for the PC and perhaps Baby Boomer for the NES are close as far as my memories are concerned. Looking back, fuck Baby Boomer.

bumpkin

I'll be 33 this year, and this was one of the first games I remember playing... Not sure if it was *the* first or not.

Combat_06.png

todahawk

I remember this game! This game was Amazing!

We are pretty close in age.

That game caused so many fights between my brother and I.

Especially this air-to-air level... You could catch your opponent in an almost unbreakable loop if you got a hit and then lined up another shot so that as soon as he came out of the spin you'd hit him again. LOL, controllers were thrown.

2010_05_29_combat.png

il_fullxfull.341161181.jpg

After the coast was clear, me and my similar aged friend (5 yrs old) took this from his big brother's room. Sat in the dark basement stairwell and played. Pure bliss. 1986-ish

s05UkDV.jpg

Fire Ant. It didn't look like this, though, because we only had a black and white TV!

(I'm not that old - we weren't allowed to plug the vidyergames into the colour living room TV.)

Ikon

It might be this:
SZizZY1.gif

J0mRiIp.gif

I have faint memories of a monochrome golf game my dad had on his home office computer, and I think this is the one. I guess it was more me watching my dad playing than actually playing it myself though.
I'm pretty sure this was the second game I ever played. The first was Tetris for the same machine but I can't find any pictures of that :/

Also, tons of cool games posted in this thread!

Seth C

Combat, Tennis, Breakout, or Pitfall for Atari VCS.
Mario was the first NES game I remember playing.
Dragon Warrior was the first RPG I played.
Spacequest 2 was the first real PC game I played.

snoopers

I am multitalented
Super Munchkin on the Philips Videopac. Played this with my grandfather when I was around 7. Then I discovered Super Mario Bros. and Balloon Fight on the NES, never touched the Videopac again ;)

0.jpg

Top Bottom