• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Votes for the Sexiest game console of all time, SEMI-FINALS!!! [Rules inside]

Gaf votes for the Sexiest console of all time SEMI-FINALS! (Top two move to the final round.)

• Total voters
In the last thread, many people voted among a LARGE list of consoles in the first round of Gaf voting on the sexiest console of all time. Now the top 5 from that thread have moved to the SEMI-FINALS where only the top two will move on to the final round.

Since there are now only 5 options, other available (NA) models/revisions of these home consoles be included. This will allow for a more general comparison in this most important round before the finals. Also now that we only have 5 systems we no longer have to use the drawn out points system. Now let's get started.

The top 5 contenders are...............................

Sega Genesis:

IMG_0647.JPG

-
-
-
-
Xbox 360:

xbox360elite.jpg
ElNxVpLPiAdTMYYi.large
XBOX_360_35791989_35791991_35789091_35791992_08.jpg

-
-
-
-

Wii:
Nintendo_Wii_Mini_35831290_01.jpg

-
-
-
-
PlayStation 4:
custom_ps4_console_skins_template_2048x.png

71PGvPXpk5L._AC_.jpg

PS4-Pro-SOURCE-Sony.jpg

-
-
-
-
DreamCast:

Dreamcast.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Which of these 5 do you thin is the sexiest console?

The top two winners will move on to the finals.

Codes 208

360 S still stands as my favorite design.

If we include handhelds, I also pick the PSP 2000

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Net Yaroze! Among these, my votes goes to the white PS4 Pro but only in a vertical position (with stand). Genesis?!

Foxbat

Banned
The current Xbox's are excellent looking.

The Sega Genesis was quite the looker as well.

The 360 revision looks the best out of those in the OP.

Not sure why you'd throw the PS4 in there as an option when the PS1, PS2 slim, and PS3 exist. The PS1 has the iconic looks. The PS2 slim looked really good, and the fat PS3 with the glossy black looked sexy as hell.... Until someone touched it. But on its own it looked really sleek.

The PS4 stacked erasers and trpile stacked eraser design is meh at best.

Blood Borne

PS4? Xbox 360? WTF?

Do people even have eyes? Both consoles shouldn’t be in this list. Probably most gamers on this site are young gamers. Probably their first or second console

GermanZepp

360 and wii are ugly as Fuck what a hell is wrong with you people. Don't be mad it's a joke, but based in real life. Edit: op must include one version of the console, the first one, not all the revisions Imo. Edit2: if Op leaves 5 xbox he must separate the vote for each model. Edit3: same for the PS4 wii and genesis.

Last edited:

Fbh

Still going with Wii.
I guess it had a bit of an unfair advantage since they could package that underpowered hardware into a slimmer and smaller case than the other 2 consoles at the time, but still.

s-l300.jpg

Zannegan

I still think the Wii looks twice as good in its base with that glowy light on. Something very iRobot about it.

By contrast, the top-loader Wii never looks good in any position. =P

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
To me the Dreamcast design is perfect. I wish console designs would go back to looking like game consoles and less like a sleek media rectangle box.

Generic white box with swirly thing is winning. I'm assuming it has more to do with the cult following of the console instead of it actually looking good.

Black and White (when clean) Wii are both consoles that can release next year and no one would bat an eye.

Of course I'm not attracted to consumer electronics so maybe some of you got an intimate relationship with your Dreamcasts.

kunonabi

Generic white box with swirly thing is winning. I'm assuming it has more to do with the cult following of the console instead of it actually looking good.

Black and White (when clean) Wii are both consoles that can release next year and no one would bat an eye.

Of course I'm not attracted to consumer electronics so maybe some of you got an intimate relationship with your Dreamcasts.

Lol at singling out the Dreamcast for being a generic box on a list that has the 360 and PS4 on it.

Hissing Sid

If the PS4 wins and is voted the sexiest console, does that then mean that Sony will be obliged to slap censor rays on all PS4 consoles from then on? I’m a bit worried tbh because I bought my Pro before the competition and it’s just sat there naked under my tv possibly harming my childrens living brains. Will a Sony censor board rep be turning up at my house to retroactively apply Sony purity beams to my sexy console?

Worried.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Out of the 5... I pick ps4, but Im not really in love with the look of any of those. It just looks a bit more modern, but still ugly.

Havoc2049

I really like the unique look of the Dreamcast. The name, logo, controller, VMU and console all combine for a really cool looking system.

Design-wise, it was between the Wii and Dreamcast for me.

I've always liked the minimalist look of the Wii. It looked more futuristic than the PS3 and Xbox 360, even if those consoles were technically more powerful. But then you look at the Dreamcast and it looks like the culmination of several generations of Sega consoles. It's like a sexier-looking PS1 that you want to caress under the sheets (if you're into that, I mean).

Last edited:

Breakage

The original PS4. I really like its sleek and angular design. It feels like a refinement of the slim PS2's design language.

It's a shame Sony went backwards with the designs of the PS4 slim and pro revisions.

And where is the Gamecube, like...the only console that was exposed at MoMa? Bunch of tasteless losers...this poll is irrelevant.

Mochilador

Goddamn, that's a hard one.
I'm going with the Xbox 360 Slim model, it's pretty sexy.
The Genesis and that big black Dreamcast look awesome too.

Top Bottom