• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, what is the most disturbing/disgusting movie you've ever seen? *spoilers within*

Status
Not open for further replies.
****My opening post is spoiler free but I added the spoiler bit for future posts. Please still take care to use your spoiler tags and what not, though.****

Apologies if there is already a topic on this. I searched and found the HorrorGAF topic and things like it, but nothing specifically like this. If there's a similar topic please delete this and shame me.

So, I just watched Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom, and yeah... It was pretty fucked up. I honestly am still trying to comprehend what I just watched. The only thing I know for sure is that it fascinated me. I found myself thinking "What would drive someone to make a movie like this?" It's like a morbid curiosity for me. I wish to see more movies like it for some reason, and I can't pinpoint why. Some parts had me legitimately gagging.

So what is the most disturbing or disgusting movie you've ever seen? Whether it be in the vein of Salò, or more of a mental disturbing/disgusting.

Steamlord

Honestly, it was probably Salò for me. There are other films that are more depraved, or more graphic or gory or whatever, but Salò captures this bleak desperation that just leaves me winded, and it's so expertly crafted to boot.

Cannibal Holocaust is a notorious one, though it contains none of the artistry of Salò. Definitely has historical value though, as the first true (partial) found footage horror film. Begotten is an interesting watch, if you can tolerate its extremely unconventional style. I haven't actually seen A Serbian Film because everything I've heard about it makes it sound cartoony and tryhard rather than actually disturbing. That's how I felt about, for instance, Human Centipede, except I actually found that one somewhat amusing. Human Centipede really isn't all that violent though. Haven't seen the second one, heard it sucks.

A lot of people swear by Martyrs, but it did nothing for me, in terms of both plot and being "messed up" or whatever. I tend to feel that way about most New French Extremity films. They revel in the gore, but you never really feel the despair.

The Cowboy

Easily The Human Centipede 2. Its one of the only movies that i have ever stopped watching well before it finished purely based on how disgusting/disturbing the movie is.

Disgusting:
alien-chestbuster.jpg

Disturbing:

^This whole movie was just fucking weird....I was tempted on leaving since it was so fucked up but I was on a date.

Irréversible. Not a movie for the faint of heart, especially the rape scene.

Same. More than ten years later and I can recall that scene more vividly than I'd like. The sounds she made...

The rest of the film has some pretty good scenes but I don't think I could ever watch it again.

Skull_Splosion

Neo Member
I haven't actually seen it, but EVERY ONE of my friends that has seen it says the "ABC's of Death" is a very horrible movie. I haven't watched it because I'm not really in to child rape....

Uhyve

A Serbian Film
Martyrs
Bad Boy Bubby
What is it?
Come and See (Idi i smotri)
Fat Girl
Begotten
Audition
The Piano Teacher
This was the first thing that came to mind. I watched The Audition when I was a teenager and it messed me up pretty good.

One of my friends parents lent me it, I mean, what the hell man.

Fury451

Banned
ID (as in Freud's concept of the "ID")

Noroi: The Curse

Both Japanese films, both pretty icky and disturbing, Noroi especially is quite troublesome.

Most of Takeshi Miike's filmography would fit, but I never found Audition as bad as most people seem to- especially compared to Ichi the Killer, Visitor Q or Gozu.

BadAss2961

Just wiki'd Serbian Film.

W.T.F.
I remember having the same reaction reading the plot. Going by the summary, the acts in the movie sound like pure shock value with no reasonable point behind any of it. My curiosity isn't enough to want to watch some shit like that.

Steamlord

ID (as in Freud's concept of the "ID")

Noroi: The Curse

Both Japanese films, both pretty icky and disturbing, Noroi especially is quite troublesome.

Most of Takeshi Miike's filmography would fit, but I never found Audition as bad as most people seem to- especially compared to Ichi the Killer, Visitor Q or Gozu.

I like that the disturbing revelations in Noroi generally aren't shown, but as we learn about them it changes the context of what we've seen. I really love its restraint.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Cannibal Holocaust. Fake or not, that shit was hella disturbing for a 11 years old

as for most disgusting, it's probably Society, which is a great movie but watching it at 9 really wasn't a good idea I think

BobLoblaw

Banned
I just got done watching that movie Martyrs a few minutes ago. Fuck me I wish I never started it. Whoever wrote that shit is depraved and in need of a psych evaluation. o_O

Frailty deserves a nod for disturbing. Barely any violence but pretty fucked up if you think about it.

One of the most underrated movies of all time imo

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Any movie with Adam Sandler in it.

We have this thread pop up every once in a while, we need a poll to finally settle which one is the worst. A Serbian film seems to be the winner but my vote goes for irreversible.

oatmeal

Banned
I enjoyed A Serbian Film. The Wiki makes it seems a lot worse than it is, but it's slickly produced and serves up a pretty solid metaphor for the biz...though the metaphor is pretty fucked up. But I wasn't expecting it to be as well made as it was which probably took me out of what actually happening.

I remember feeling sick during the
cutting of the knees
in Human Centipede 2. I made a sandwich and kept going.

Hmmm...

A friend of mine sent me a cartoon about a duck and a horse, It's like a half an hour I think, and I made it to the point where I knew exactly what was going to happen. I skipped around thinking, maybe it's just an artistic thing, but nope.

Straight fucked up.

Vinci

Danish
Haven't seem Serbian Film, though the Wikipedia description would certainly indicate where it would land if I were to, so...

Tetsuo the Iron Man

Cutting Moments.

One of the most disturbing things I've come across in my live. My mouth was literally hanging open and I was on the verge of tears. How on earth I allowed GAF to suck me into watching it I will never know.

Chichikov

The eye scene in Un Chien Andalou.
But eyeballs creep me out in general (like, not looking at someone in the eyes or anything, but the organ itself).

ogbg

The book that Salo is based on is more fucked up than the film (120 Days of Sodom by Marquis De Sade). It's also like 250 years old. I'm not generally one for censorship but I can see why he was locked up.

Guzim

For me, the most disturbing film is Come and See. It's not disgusting or anything in terms of gore, but I feel it's one of the best representations of the horror that is war.

There is one scene in Ichi the Killer where they slice off a Woman's nipples.

I've seen horrific stuff like a Serbian film but that one scene made me visibly shaken and I actually had trouble sleeping.

I'm a dude but it really bothered me. Still the scene that made me feel the worse.

Also having read the original manga I was surprised that nipple cutting was in that as well some other seemingly strange things from film. Was surprised by how faithful an adaptation it was in a way.

Shiv47

I saw Cronenberg's The Fly in the theater when I was 14. That shit was nasty, and I had watched plenty of horror at that point.

Haven't seem Serbian Film, though the Wikipedia description would certainly indicate where it would land if I were to, so...

Tetsuo the Iron Man

Tetsuo is fucking awesome. It's pretty raw, but I don't know if I'd call it disturbing.

There is one scene in Ichi the Killer where they slice off a Woman's nipples.

I've seen horrific stuff like a Serbian film but that one scene made me visibly shaken and I actually had trouble sleeping.

I'm a dude but it really bothered me. Still the scene that made me feel the worse.

Also having read the original manga I was surprised that nipple cutting was in that as well some other seemingly strange things from film. Was surprised by how faithful an adaptation it was in a way.

Does the movie have
the guy cutting his penis in half?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom