• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Wii Homebrew thread: Homebrew, emulators, USB disc installs! Easy tutorial!

Clipper

Agnates said:
Thanks a lot! Last questions :D

"To set one of these as the default IOS for all games, add the line "ios=222-mload" or "ios=223-mload" to your config.txt."

Do I need to do this to begin with? Should I set 222 as default or 223? Which is the most common functional IOS, so that I need to set specific game options least?

Also, after the installation of IOS 222 and 223, I now have a folder on my SDHC's root named 0000001, with several sub folders. Do I keep it or delete it?

You can also just use one of the fat versions of Cfg and you'll get the default of IOS222. IOS222 is the most compatible if you installed it via the method given in the Wiki. As it is merged with IOS37, it will allow you to use USB instruments.

As for the 0000001 directory, that stores the IOSes that IOS222/223 downloaded when you installed them. If you ever do another installation, it will just use those ones instead of downloading again. It is safe to delete them, but you might as well leave them there if you don't need the space.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ahem.

Question time.

Is there anything that works as well as the Homebrew Browser -but- is available as a simple DOL file... NOT requiring installation to the system?

I'd like to run homebrew again, and the "plug in an SD card and load up the root level .DOL file" trick works quite well. The problem is that the only HB loader I can find which appears to actually WORK is LoadMii, which uses a simple text interface.

I'm a bit surprised there is no way to run the Homebrew Browser without installing it to system memory...

(Tied to that, I can't seem to get the Homebrew Downloader, or whatever that homebrew app is called, to work properly with LoadMii)

Rich!

Real happy with startpatch and GC booter.

Now I can play all my NTSC gamecube games in 480p, which is awesome for someone who lives in the 'ha, your gamecube games are all in 480i only! suckers!' UK.

Clipper

DavidDayton said:
Ahem.

Question time.

Is there anything that works as well as the Homebrew Browser -but- is available as a simple DOL file... NOT requiring installation to the system?

I'd like to run homebrew again, and the "plug in an SD card and load up the root level .DOL file" trick works quite well. The problem is that the only HB loader I can find which appears to actually WORK is LoadMii, which uses a simple text interface.

I'm a bit surprised there is no way to run the Homebrew Browser without installing it to system memory...

(Tied to that, I can't seem to get the Homebrew Downloader, or whatever that homebrew app is called, to work properly with LoadMii)

You are confusing the Homebrew Browser with the Homebrew Channel. The Homebrew Browser is the app that downloads homebrew applications to your SD card and doesn't need installation, The Homebrew Channel is installed to your Wii and lets you run other homebrew apps.

I don't see why you don't want to install the HBC, but you could try the Homebrew Launcher app instead. I don't know if it still works, but it's worth a try. Other homebrew launcher type apps can be found via this page.

I didn't see this in the wiki, so I'm curious. In what format are the games stored on FAT drives? Are there any issues with Smash in FAT32, due to the dual layer disc?

Clipper

A Twisty Fluken said:
I didn't see this in the wiki, so I'm curious. In what format are the games stored on FAT drives? Are there any issues with Smash in FAT32, due to the dual layer disc?
They use a special file type called .wbfs. Games can be split across multiple files (.wbf1, .wbf2 etc.) to avoid the maximum FAT32 size problem. Current versions default to splitting the files at a size of 4GB-32kB, which allows for maximum reading speed without violating the maximum size on a FAT32 drive (4GB-1B). Thus there are no issues with installing any large games, including the dual layer ones (SSBB and MPT).

hi guys quick question if any1 can help.

Is it possible 2 play online (i want to play mario kart) without updating the wii?

Im on 4.0E, used BannerBomb to hack the wii last may and iv totally fallen behind with everything.

If i do need to update the wii, can anybody tell me what ill need?

What Information would be needed regarding IOS and cISO versions and were would i find it, thanks

EDIT - Nm, im all sorted :)

zeelman

Bebpo said:
Does online gaming work on hacked Wiis? Curious about if I'll be able to go online with Rengliev next month.

It does work. Nintendo will only ban you from online gaming if you get caught cheating.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Clipper said:
You are confusing the Homebrew Browser with the Homebrew Channel. The Homebrew Browser is the app that downloads homebrew applications to your SD card and doesn't need installation, The Homebrew Channel is installed to your Wii and lets you run other homebrew apps.
Yah, I know that -- sorry, I haven't used the HBC for a few months and was swapping names in my head. However, my issue is with both -- HBB seems to fail at updating itself when launched from a non-HBC loader, and the HBC can only be run in system memory.

I don't see why you don't want to install the HBC, but you could try the Homebrew Launcher app instead. I don't know if it still works, but it's worth a try. Other homebrew launcher type apps can be found via this page.

If I can run homebrew simply by inserting an SD card and entering the SD menu, why should I install the HBC? Right now I can, in theory, access any homebrew without leaving ANY traces/whatever in system memory... what's the point of installing something?

All I want is HBC "ease of loading" functionality without having to install it.

( I believe I tried the WHL and didn't have any success... I'll check other stuff, but at the moment it's annoying. I get the feeling folks stopped bothering to develop homebrew launchers with the advent of the HBC.)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
So if I upgraded to an HDTV for the first time, are there any options in CFG USB Loader (newest revision) that I should be tweaking to improve image quality / make things more widescreen friendly? Or am I good to continue as I was?

Clipper

Mejilan said:
So if I upgraded to an HDTV for the first time, are there any options in CFG USB Loader (newest revision) that I should be tweaking to improve image quality / make things more widescreen friendly? Or am I good to continue as I was?
Assuming you got component cables for your Wii, you should be adding the 480p patch to those games that don't support it natively.

As for widescreen, Cfg will automatically detect you have set your Wii to widescreen and will use its widescreen settings accordingly. The only thing I can see you needing to adjust is your theme if your chosen theme does not have a widescreen background.

mooooose

silverbullet1080 said:
This is killing me. If anyone could help it'd be appreciated :D
There is a certain loader you can use that acts as Gecko but mounts the USB drive as the disc drive. It works just for Brawl.

I have the channel on my Wii with the regular Brawl banner but it redirects to this ELF/loader. I could help you make a similar solution if you want, just PM me.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Clipper said:
Assuming you got component cables for your Wii, you should be adding the 480p patch to those games that don't support it natively.

Yep. Had the component cables since 2 days before the Wii even came out!
Is the 480p patch game specific or a global setting?

Thanks.

Clipper

Mejilan said:
Yep. Had the component cables since 2 days before the Wii even came out!
Is the 480p patch game specific or a global setting?

Thanks.
You could apply it to all games, but I'd only do it for the specific games you notice aren't going to 480p. The settings to force it are video=ntsc and video patch=all.

Dalthien

Is there any program or app or online archive or anything that will let you know what type of system update a game wants to install?

My wife got Scene It? and it says there's a system update when it loads up in the Disc Channel window. I've just been using Gecko to load the game for her in order to bypass the update, but there are several sections where the gameplay area just goes blank instead of showing the sketches and stuff in the game. So I'm trying to figure out if the disc update is necessary for the gameplay or if it is something like the boot sector update.

Is there any way of finding out what the updates are on a game disc so that I can know if it is safe to apply the update or not?

Or would using Dop-IOS Mod to update to all of the latest IOS revisions solve the problem?

Clipper

Dalthien said:
Is there any program or app or online archive or anything that will let you know what type of system update a game wants to install?

My wife got Scene It? and it says there's a system update when it loads up in the Disc Channel window. I've just been using Gecko to load the game for her in order to bypass the update, but there are several sections where the gameplay area just goes blank instead of showing the sketches and stuff in the game. So I'm trying to figure out if the disc update is necessary for the gameplay or if it is something like the boot sector update.

Is there any way of finding out what the updates are on a game disc so that I can know if it is safe to apply the update or not?

Or would using Dop-IOS Mod to update to all of the latest IOS revisions solve the problem?
The only discs that I'd worry about updating from at the moment are NSMB Wii and Avatar. The updates on all other discs are safe (as long as they are from the same region as your Wii).

Dop-IOS Mod or the Safe 4.2 Updater would be other methods to ensure you have the right IOSes.

Dalthien

Clipper said:
The only discs that I'd worry about updating from at the moment are NSMB Wii and Avatar. The updates on all other discs are safe (as long as they are from the same region as your Wii).

Dop-IOS Mod or the Safe 4.2 Updater would be other methods to ensure you have the right IOSes.
Thanks again as always, Clipper. You do a fantastic job in this thread.

I just noticed that the last time I updated with dop-IOS mod was v8, and they are now up to v10 or something, so I'll update my IOS files again.

Kind of a related question, but do some games require updated versions of old IOS files? I was under the assumption that the newer revisions of an old IOS were just Nintendo trying to stamp out homebrew stuff. But do some of the newer IOS revisions of old IOS files actually incorporate new gameplay-related features as well?

Agnates

Banned
Out of curiosity alone (since Fatal Frame 4 sold out on Play Asia after the translation patch released), the latest beta of CFG USB LOADER (which I'm not using, I tend to use the latest normal release or bugfix release) says it has added support for translation files. Is that something that will be used for Fatal Frame 4's translation (and potentially more future fan translations for other titles) to be playable through it, or does he mean translation files for the actual loader itself to have support for multiple languages in its interface?

Clipper

Dalthien said:
Kind of a related question, but do some games require updated versions of old IOS files? I was under the assumption that the newer revisions of an old IOS were just Nintendo trying to stamp out homebrew stuff. But do some of the newer IOS revisions of old IOS files actually incorporate new gameplay-related features as well?
I don't believe so.

Agnates said:
Out of curiosity alone (since Fatal Frame 4 sold out on Play Asia after the translation patch released), the latest beta of CFG USB LOADER (which I'm not using, I tend to use the latest normal release or bugfix release) says it has added support for translation files. Is that something that will be used for Fatal Frame 4's translation (and potentially more future fan translations for other titles) to be playable through it, or does he mean translation files for the actual loader itself to have support for multiple languages in its interface?
No, the translation is only for the loader itself. I think the only method of playing a translated Fatal Frame 4 with Cfg is to rip the game, copy to the PC, apply the patches there (although I don't know how exactly) and then copy the patched game back to the drive. Due to the nature of the patch files, this might not even be possible.

Jme

Is there a Configurable USB Loader theme that will show the games built in channel animations rather than make me download their box arts? I would prefer the channel animation/icons.

Clipper

handofg0d said:
Is there a Configurable USB Loader theme that will show the games built in channel animations rather than make me download their box arts? I would prefer the channel animation/icons.
Nobody has managed to build a banner video player app on the Wii, and the code the system menu uses to display the videos hasn't been found (in a way it can be hijacked at least). If it ever gets done, you can guarantee it will be incorporated into the USB Loaders.

The audio, on the other hand, has been found and plays on the game-playing confirmation screen.

Agnates

Banned
By the way when I'm using the USB Loader, whether in widescreen or not, the different views have different rendering. the 3D covers view is fine but if I click on a game or go to some option screen with button 1 then the whole rendering shrinks in height and only covers part of the screen. Is that a known issue? I've had this since the first time I tried it. It's kind of annoying and makes it feel more unpolished than it is and also makes me wish for a pure black background theme so that it's not as obvious (is there one?). But of course it's a minor issue. I'm just wondering if it's like that for everyone or just me. 4:3 SDTV.

Quixzlizx

I installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii a couple of months ago, but my SD card was not very compatible with BootMii, so I wasn't able to create a backup. I now have another SDHC card to work with, and I wanted to make sure that the BootMii installation only installs files to the SDHC card. I don't want to install to the new card, but have BootMii also try to install files that have already been installed on the Wii's flash memory and screw something up. Thanks.

Edit: I saw the "Install to SD" option when I started HackMii up, but was unable to mount(-1) my new SDHC card. I'm going to end up spending $100 on SDHC cards before I find one that can both install and run BootMii. Transcend Class 6 8 GB installs BootMii, but it doesn't run when the system boots up, and the Kingston Class 4 8 GB couldn't even mount.

Clipper

I haven't done this in a while, so:

Agnates said:
By the way when I'm using the USB Loader, whether in widescreen or not, the different views have different rendering. the 3D covers view is fine but if I click on a game or go to some option screen with button 1 then the whole rendering shrinks in height and only covers part of the screen. Is that a known issue? I've had this since the first time I tried it. It's kind of annoying and makes it feel more unpolished than it is and also makes me wish for a pure black background theme so that it's not as obvious (is there one?). But of course it's a minor issue. I'm just wondering if it's like that for everyone or just me. 4:3 SDTV.
Do you happen to have a PAL Wii? Put it into 480i mode and it should all be good. As for a black theme, it would be incredibly easy to make your own. Just make an all black 640*480 image and use it to replace background.png or set the background option to point to it.

Quixzlizx said:
I installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii a couple of months ago, but my SD card was not very compatible with BootMii, so I wasn't able to create a backup. I now have another SDHC card to work with, and I wanted to make sure that the BootMii installation only installs files to the SDHC card. I don't want to install to the new card, but have BootMii also try to install files that have already been installed on the Wii's flash memory and screw something up. Thanks.

Edit: I saw the "Install to SD" option when I started HackMii up, but was unable to mount(-1) my new SDHC card. I'm going to end up spending $100 on SDHC cards before I find one that can both install and run BootMii. Transcend Class 6 8 GB installs BootMii, but it doesn't run when the system boots up, and the Kingston Class 4 8 GB couldn't even mount.
BootMii really doesn't like SDHC. The strange thing is that it can install NAND to a different set of cards than it can boot from. If you could ever get it to boot from that old SD, then try it again and attempt storing the backup to one of the SDHCs.

Quixzlizx

Clipper said:
BootMii really doesn't like SDHC. The strange thing is that it can install NAND to a different set of cards than it can boot from. If you could ever get it to boot from that old SD, then try it again and attempt storing the backup to one of the SDHCs.

The first card is SDHC as well; they are both 8 GB. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay for a 2 GB SD card somewhere.

Does pretty much any external hard drive work with a usbloader, or are there brands/models that work better/don't work? Going to pick up an external hard drive tomorrow and figured that I should get one that'd work with the Wii.

Quick question: I picked up NMH2 today, and after I downloaded the covers for it and everything, I updated the USB Loader to the new version 51. I reset so I could let it update the .dol, but now I get a "libpng error" or something similar (it flashes by pretty quick on startup)

My question is does it have anything to do with the new .pngs I just got, or the update? Any help would be nice! Thanks

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Does pretty much any external hard drive work with a usbloader, or are there brands/models that work better/don't work? Going to pick up an external hard drive tomorrow and figured that I should get one that'd work with the Wii.

I'm with this guy, just bought a new wii because of the appeal of the USBloader(and nsmbwii),
what do I need? i have homebrew and usbloader installed, just need a good external HDD, fairly cheap.

kinggroin

Banned
Nobodyspatzy said:
Quick question: I picked up NMH2 today, and after I downloaded the covers for it and everything, I updated the USB Loader to the new version 51. I reset so I could let it update the .dol, but now I get a "libpng error" or something similar (it flashes by pretty quick on startup)

My question is does it have anything to do with the new .pngs I just got, or the update? Any help would be nice! Thanks

Are you using a forwarder channel to access the usb loader? If so, the forwarder may have been made obsolete with the update (happened to me). Just check the gbatemp thread for usb loader and get the latest forwarder channel.

If you're accessing it through the homebrew channel, then I suggest starting with a clean sd card (backup the private folder) and reinstalling the v51 onto it manually rather than through an update. Or, just delete the config file and let it recreate itself upon launch.

Clipper

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Most branded external drives work. What you want to avoid are hard drive enclosures, they have lower compatibility. Most people seem to have a lot of luck with the Seagate Freeagent Go.

Nobodyspatzy said:

Most likely yes. Could you perhaps zip the .pngs and tell me where I can get them by PM? We're seeing more and more corrupted images lately, but can't reproduce the errors and need some samples.

Wizpig

I'm going to read the well-made OP of this thread, but first, I'd like to make one of those questions (the dumb ones).

In a few words, I'm a little scared of soft-modding a console, I'd like to know if I can at any point remove everything so that my Wii is "clean" again.
Also, all I want is to play imported games, so all I need is something that let them run, but I'll check the OP about that.

The question itself is: if I install the homebrew channel, can I keep using my Wii the classic way without being... paranoid?
Can i check the WiiShop/Nintendo channel just when I want?
Can i update the Wii from the classic "Update Wii" section?

You know, I was happy enough with my freeloader, and Nintendo just had to complicate things.

wrowa

Wizpig said:
The question itself is: if I install the homebrew channel, can I keep using my Wii the classic way without being... paranoid?
Yes
Yes
You can, but it's possible that the update will remove the HBC.

Clipper

Wizpig said:
I'm going to read the well-made OP of this thread, but first, I'd like to make one of those questions (the dumb ones).
Keep in mind that the op hasn't been updated in a while. The homebrew Wiki tutorial that appears in the second post and also just a few posts ago will provide you with almost all the information you need. Any links in the remainder of my post are pointing you to the relevant pages there.

In a few words, I'm a little scared of soft-modding a console, I'd like to know if I can at any point remove everything so that my Wii is "clean" again.
Also, all I want is to play imported games, so all I need is something that let them run, but I'll check the OP about that.
The only way you can do this is if you prepare early. You would need to install BootMii and make a NAND backup as the very first thing you do. At a later stage you can restore that backup, but note that this returns your Wii to that state in time, including your saved games, downloaded channels, received Wii messages and so on. Now most saved games can be put back on there via SD and the games you've bought in the meantime can just be redownloaded (putting on SD isn't enough as your Wii won't know it is allowed to have those games), but you will lose any messages on the message board and play logs and so on between the time you install homebrew and the time you decide to remove it.

Yes and yes. However, if those channels ask to update the Wii, then don't allow them too. There will almost certainly be other ways to use the latest versions of these channels (e.g., the current Wii Shop upgrade procedure).

No. Up until now, the classic update procedure on a homebrew system has had exactly the same chance of failing as on a non-homebrew system. The worst the updates have done so far is to make you reinstall all your homebrew. However, this doesn't mean that future updates will be safe. If this ever happens, you can guarantee that a way will be found to make the updates safe or provide an alternative way to update.

You know, I was happy enough with my freeloader, and Nintendo just had to complicate things.
So was I. Don't feel too daunted. For the stuff you want to do, there is very little risk. Just check here on on the tutorial before applying any updates to check they are safe.

Wizpig

With one or two user-friendly hacks, before I even knew it I was playing my US NoMoreHeroes on my EUR 4.2 Wii :p
Thanks guys.
Special thanks to Clipper!

The one problem I got was that playing US NMH with the RGB cable makes it completely... red; I had to switch to Component cables again.

Now, my questions are: can I remove boot.elf and bootmii from the SD? I really just want to keep the homebrew channel on the classic Wii dashboard... will everything work?
Keep in mind that I also installed DVDx
without really understanding what it is for *cough*

edit. Right, i almost forgot... can I put my old "private" file back in the SD? I had all my WiiWare games there..

Clipper

Wizpig said:
With one or two user-friendly hacks, before I even knew it I was playing my US NoMoreHeroes on my EUR 4.2 Wii :p
Thanks guys.
Special thanks to Clipper!

The one problem I got was that playing US NMH with the RGB cable makes it completely... red; I had to switch to Component cables again.

Now, my questions are: can I remove boot.elf and bootmii from the SD? I really just want to keep the homebrew channel on the classic Wii dashboard... will everything work?
Keep in mind that I also installed DVDx
without really understanding what it is for *cough*

edit. Right, i almost forgot... can I put my old "private" file back in the SD? I had all my WiiWare games there..
Wait, you prefer the RGB cables to component? Or did you mean you had to go back to composite?

Yes, it's fine to delete boot.elf from the SD, and any apps from the SD that you don't expect to run again (e.g., the IOS249 installer). I suggest you keep the BootMii folder on there so that you can use it in future. You can edit the .ini file to make it autoboot to the Wii Menu or HBC if you just don't like seeing it at startup (instructions in the Wiki). DVDX is an IOS that allows homebrew to read DVDs (although not games). It's typically used for playing DVDs in MPlayer CE, although I don't recommend it as the Wii laser seems to die quicker when used to read DVDs.

As for your question in the edit, I suggest you read over the BootMii or HBC page again, particularly the "After Installing" section.

Wizpig

Nah, I meant Component :D
It's not that I prefer RGB, unfortunately to play with both the 360 and the Wii without switching cables every time I usually keep my Wii with RGB... not the best quality, yeah.

Again, thanks for the answers!
I don't plan on installing MPlayer, or to use my Wii for DVDs, I assume it's going to be ok to just keep DVDX installed and leave it as that.

I put my old private folder on the SD and now I'm all done... classic Wii dashboard at startup, region-free Wii, WiiWare games on the SD... works like a charm.
Going to buy some NTSC games.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey, I am going to be getting a ton of disk only Gamecube games soon, and want to test them. Any program out there to dump them to an SD card? Simplest way I can think of to verify the disk, unless someone has made a tool made for disk verifying.

TaKeRx

I'm getting a Wii tomorrow and was wondering if they are already updated to the latest version, meaning I won't be able to run homebrew? Or is it still possible?

Clipper

TaKeRx said:
I'm getting a Wii tomorrow and was wondering if they are already updated to the latest version, meaning I won't be able to run homebrew? Or is it still possible?
Why don't you try following the advice in the topic title first? The Wiki it refers to is linked at the top of this page (in 50 post mode at least). Click the image of Mario and your question is answered right there.

Datschge

Wizpig said:
No, you don't have to. You can make the signal PAL compatible by forcing PAL60 (which is NTSC but using the PAL color model, avoiding that red screen bleeding) in the game settings within Configurable USB Loader (patching the video may be necessary depending on the game). Game specific settings can be reached by pressing 1 and be saved by pressing 2.

Clipper

Datschge said:
No, you don't have to. You can make the signal PAL compatible by forcing PAL60 (which is NTSC but using the PAL color model, avoiding that red screen bleeding) in the game settings within Configurable USB Loader (patching the video may be necessary depending on the game). Game specific settings can be reached by pressing 1 and be saved by pressing 2.
Actually, in this case, that doesn't usually help. It's not a bleeding effect caused by colour mismatch. You simply can't play import games when either using the RGB Scart cable on a PAL Wii or the S-Video cable on an NTSC Wii. Both cables are only compatible with the region they are from, and when playing an import game, the Wii thinks it is from the alternate region or something and outputs the wrong signal.

Drkirby said:
Hey, I am going to be getting a ton of disk only Gamecube games soon, and want to test them. Any program out there to dump them to an SD card? Simplest way I can think of to verify the disk, unless someone has made a tool made for disk verifying.
From a quick Google search, I believe you want a tool called DVD Dumper, but don't ask me how to use it or where to get it.

Datschge

Clipper said:
Actually, in this case, that doesn't usually help. It's not a bleeding effect caused by colour mismatch. You simply can't play import games when either using the RGB Scart cable on a PAL Wii or the S-Video cable on an NTSC Wii. Both cables are only compatible with the region they are from, and when playing an import game, the Wii thinks it is from the alternate region or something and outputs the wrong signal.
I guess I don't understand the issue then. I have a PAL Wii and some import games (both of NTSC and NTSC-J kind), my Wii is connected to a HDTV using RGB Scart, and all of my import games run and show up just fine for me when setting video to force PAL60 (without setting that the screen is red with the content in grey scale or something which I thought is what he described)...

Clipper

Datschge said:
I guess I don't understand the issue then. I have a PAL Wii and some import games (both of NTSC and NTSC-J kind), my Wii is connected to a HDTV using RGB Scart, and all of my import games run and show up just fine for me when setting video to force PAL60 (without setting that the screen is red with the content in grey scale or something which I thought is what he described)...
Well that certainly is interesting. I'm only operating off word of mouth as we don't use RGB here in Australia, but it seems that word of mouth (although coming from multiple sources) was wrong. It's not the first time this has happened (several people denied Madworld worked with the 480p trick), so I do believe you.

Although, I do have to ask you too... why aren't you using component? With an HDTV, you surely must have enough component inputs (and/or HDMI) to connect the Wii up, and it should look a lot better in 480p.

From what I understand some games work natively at PAL60, some can be forced to work at PAL60 and some methods of forcing video modes work better than others (in the past No More Heroes was stuck in Red).

I suppose I should give the newer version of configurable a a go with 'Hajimete no Wii' some time as I remember that being one that didn't work.

Datschge

Clipper said:
Although, I do have to ask you too... why aren't you using component? With an HDTV, you surely must have enough component inputs (and/or HDMI) to connect the Wii up, and it should look a lot better in 480p.
Well, got the cable thinking it could do 480p (of course I know better now). The image quality is already perfectly clean and clear on my rather low budget HDTV though so I don't really feel any urge to spend additional money on a component cable just now (may well change once I get another HDTV which reacts worse to interlaced signals).

Top Bottom