• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

*Splinter

As in that's who I'm blocking tonight should I live

Bronx didn't work so I kept my shots
outlook-not-good.jpg

*Splinter

Does this mean we dont have a doctor?

I guess there is swamp's commute, my 1-shot. Only 1 neutral kill(?) and poison countered by poison doc.

Fuck it. Lynch me if you want.

I'm not a doc. I had to think of something on the fly and I fucked it cause I'm drinking.

I'm Rats Off To Ya. Not town.

Neutral survivor. 3 shot BP. I have no shots left so it's whatever.

I fakeclaimed bexause I knew neutrals are bad and especially survivors can be a weird play. They either play with town or they don't. So it's your call. I just want to win, I don't give a shit who makes it to the end.

Burbeting

Banned
Does this mean we dont have a doctor?

I guess there is swamp's commute, my 1-shot. Only 1 neutral kill(?) and poison countered by poison doc.

We haven't heard from every claimer yet. That's the one point that is stopping me, I guess. Why would scum claim a doctor? Are they scared of doctor ruining future nights, with numbers dwindling (and most likely strongman shots running out)?

Kawl_USC

Okay, Kyan peacing out of the game sucks for us. It does explain all of the unresolved night actions as far as I recall though.

1. *Splinter [m]
2. Burbeting [m]
3. franconp [m]
4. Kawl_USC [m]
5. TheWorthyEdge [m]
6. CCS [m]
7. WhereAreMahDragonz [f]
8. OceanicAir [m] -> replaced by flatearthpandas [m]
9. StanleyPalmtree [m]
10. gryvan [m] -> Gorlak [m]

Burb is clear obviously.

I'm less sure on splinter, especially in light of his not a cop deal here today.

Could be a ballsy scum play yesterday? Don't think splinter is a top contender today regardless.

Fran had some weird comments today that feel off he's creeping up my list.

TWE I still find suspicious, I need to look at how the votes shifted on Swamped but it felt kind of abrupt there at the days end, though I'm pretty sure Faddy and burb were two of the last votes in, so there may not be as much as I'm thinking to see here.

CCS,

Kawl_USC

well thats what i get for not refreshing when taking a while to type a post....

wamd is lying, I'll say that.

We have a town protective role.

Burbeting

Banned
Fuck it. Lynch me if you want.

I'm not a doc. I had to think of something on the fly and I fucked it cause I'm drinking.

I'm Rats Off To Ya. Not town.

Neutral survivor. 3 shot BP. I have no shots left so it's whatever.

I fakeclaimed bexause I knew neutrals are bad and especially survivors can be a weird play. They either play with town or they don't. So it's your call. I just want to win, I don't give a shit who makes it to the end.

Why didn't you claim ordinary, if you actually were a survivor?

*Splinter

Should we halt the mass claim? I can't see any reason not to lynch WAMD today.

I haven't checked the numbers yet but I think it's safe, unless someone is poisoned.

Burbeting

Banned
Because everyone fucking claims ordinary. Just look at the last page, three in a row. There's no way this game has that many ordinaries

So? The worst outcome for a survivor is to claim a doctor, that will be

a) either nightkilled by scum
b) get counter-claimed by town, and then you would be lynched.

It's the literally worst claim you could have made at this situation. Why should I trust this claim?

Kawl_USC

some many things wrong with neut survivor claim.

you can just out right claim in this situation, say you'll vote with scum, and thats game right there.

4 + 1, they promise to not kill survivor and at best for town its a no lynch.

So? The worst outcome for a survivor is to claim a doctor, that will be

a) either nightkilled by scum
b) get counter-claimed by town, and then you would be lynched.

It's the literally worst claim you could have made at this situation. Why should I trust this claim?

it was a risk I had to take. I figured that since scum have been so erratic with their kills that they would focus on someone not expected, just in case there is a protective role.

We haven't had a protective role since Bronx. I don't believe that everyone is ordinary but it was a role I felt wouldn't be counterclaimed because of the risk it brings. A real doc would want to avoid a NK and would probably let me flip on my own time.

some many things wrong with neut survivor claim.

you can just out right claim in this situation, say you'll vote with scum, and thats game right there.

4 + 1, they promise to not kill survivor and at best for town its a no lynch.

I don't know how many scum there are. If there are four as you say, then that leaves 6 town. 6 outnumbers 4.

Burbeting

Banned
it was a risk I had to take. I figured that since scum have been so erratic with their kills that they would focus on someone not expected, just in case there is a protective role.

We haven't had a protective role since Bronx. I don't believe that everyone is ordinary but it was a role I felt wouldn't be counterclaimed because of the risk it brings. A real doc would want to avoid a NK and would probably let me flip on my own time.

No, a doctor would counter claim. Because today is perhaps LYLO, but at the very least MYLO. Town has to succeed today.

Burbeting

Banned
The problem is that if you are what you say, you just made yourself extremely easy target for scum to mass lynch today. And that's a loss for you and town.

Burbeting

Banned
Would you rather kill the pseudo cop or the sketchy doc claim thad would probs be lynched during the day?

If there were no counter doc claim (in this scenario there wouldn't, since if there was one, you would have been already lynched), the scum would have no real reason to not believe you. Mind you, you made your claim before you were asked about your night actions. Only those made you look actually sketchy.

If there were no counter doc claim (in this scenario there wouldn't, since if there was one, you would have been already lynched), the scum would have no real reason to not believe you. Mind you, you made your claim before you were asked about your night actions. Only those made you look actually sketchy.

Mhmm, all valid points. I reasoned it out as best I could.

Burbeting

Banned
What is your role name? You have answer this immediately when you see the post, or I will assume you are fabricating a role name with your scum buddies.

What is your role name? You have answer this immediately when you see the post, or I will assume you are fabricating a role name with your scum buddies.

I am Rats Off To Ya, an antisocial hermit.

Role flavor is all about how I hate the young people and my fellow residents and want to stay out of everyone else's business. All I want is to be left alone in solitude

Burbeting

Banned
Right.

That's twelve minutes... I'm usually not very strict with response times (I mean, look at my activity here), but that's bordering on the discussion time scum might have had on the scum chat about what flavor would sound best.

Right.

That's twelve minutes... I'm usually not very strict with response times (I mean, look at my activity here), but that's bordering on the discussion time scum might have had on the scum chat about what flavor would sound best.

I'm watching intervention with my mom and she was mad that I kept looking at my phone

Burbeting

Banned
Right.

So Fran, what bothers is me is that the scum most definitely have fake claim names, right? And they must have organised at least a little about who scum should pick what.

So why would they choose to use Rats as a doctor claim out of all things? The name doesn't fit, and it was one of the little things that bothered me with Dragonz original claim. But it would fit a neutral survivor more.

But that could also mean that the scum were going to have dragonz claim survivor, and had her do this doctor claim just to veer out a counter claim from the real doctor.

franconp

Right.

So Fran, what bothers is me is that the scum most definitely have fake claim names, right? And they must have organised at least a little about who scum should pick what.

So why would they choose to use Rats as a doctor claim out of all things? The name doesn't fit, and it was one of the little things that bothered me with Dragonz original claim. But it would fit a neutral survivor more.

But that could also mean that the scum were going to have dragonz claim survivor, and had her do this doctor claim just to veer out a counter claim from the real doctor.

Why would they have fake name claims? Names can't be asociated with an aligment. Not in this game. I think that she is Rats as it's too risky to claim a name you don't have (remember Ouro in Overwatch), but I don't believe in her claim.

Burbeting

Banned
Why would they have fake name claims? Names can't be asociated with an aligment. Not in this game. I think that she is Rats as it's too risky to claim a name you don't have (remember Ouro in Overwatch), but I don't believe in her claim.

It's a common practice in games.

Ouro, does scum have fake names given in this game? Or is this information you cannot give?

Right.

If I were on a scum team do you honestly think they'd have me claim a neutral

I've played scum a few times and we ALWAYS claim vanilla. Hence why I don't trust anyone who claimed on the last page.

Top Bottom