• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2014 Awards - All about the games [Voting ends Jun 15th 23:59]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Bayonetta 2
2. Uncharted 4
3. Legend of Zelda
4. Super Smash Bros
5. Farcry 4
6. No Man's Sky
7. Splatoon
8. Assassin's Creed Unity
9. Metal Gear Solid V
10. Bloodborne

Bayonetta 2 looks amazing, and it coming with the first one was the biggest surprise of E3 for me (and the best). UC4 looked beyond anything I ever imagined, as did Zelda U. Super Smash still looking incredible. Farcry 3 was one of my favorites of last gen, the fourth looks to be just as good, if not better. No Man's Sky, what can I say, the idea of it so great, if they can pull it off then I'd say it's going to go down as one of the best indie games ever. Splatoon looks delightful and so fun, one of the surprise games of E3. I've loved all the AC games, Unity seems to be taking a big step forward and I liked everything I saw. MGSV, well, it's MGS; I love it and I'll buy it day one. As for Bloodborne, I've been waiting to see it since the leaked images, and it didn't disappoint. All in all, great E3, certainly better than 2013. I'd also love to throw Destiny in there somewhere but I can't take anything else down so I guess that's out.

KeRaSh

1. Destiny
2. Zelda Wii U
3. Rise of the Tomb Raider
4. Assassin's Creed Unity
5. Witcher 3
6. Uncharted 4
7. The Division
8. Far Cry 4
9. No Man's Sky
10. Rainbow Six | Siege

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
2. The Legend of Zelda (2015)
3. Far Cry 4
4. Mirror's Edge
5. Splatoon
6. Bayonetta 2
7. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
8. Dragon Age: Inquisition
9. Assassin's Creed: Unity [WARNING: MAY CONTAIN TRACE AMOUNTS OF STEALTH]
10. LittleBigPlanet 3

ojslmm.gif

fvcbmi.gif

DasRaven

I'm also in the "must be playable" camp for "Best of E3" honors.

1. Mortal Kombat X
Pre-E3 countdown hype that actually delivered; Multiple NEW Characters; Character Variants

2. DriveClub
Looking gorgeous as usual; Handling better than pre-delay; Unexpected and incredible weather system

3. Rainbox Six: Siege
A shooter with actual tactical and strategic planning; Useful environmental destruction; Probably the first shooter I'd buy since Rogue Spear.

4. Forza Horizon 2
Looked great and seemed great fun; Glad their releasing on 360 also; Brought the Huracan.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
  1. Bloodborne
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Grim Fandango

There's just so much to take in. These are the three that seemed special for me. I loved the Destiny trailer at the Sony conference but it didn't sell the game to me. Playing the alpha for 10 minutes moved this into GOTY territory. But that isn't really E3. Driveclub is on my radar but the lack of a trailer at the conference felt like it skipped the limelight for us at home.

The three that really stood out were Bloodborne, which filled my dark soul with light; No Man's Sky, which brought a smile to my face with giddy excitment, and Grim Fandango, which was the biggest surprise out of a left field noone ever expected.

Derp

1. No Man's Sky
2. Witcher 3
3. DA: Inquisition
4. AC: Unity
5. Far Cry 4

3. No Mans Sky - This was one of my favorite reveals from e3 2013, it was the thing from that conference that stuck with me ever since.
No Man's Sky wasn't revealed at E3 2013. It was at VGX.

MBR

Banned
1. Xenoblade Chronicles X
2. Zelda Wii U
3. Bloodborne
4. Splatoon
5. Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
6. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
7. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
8. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
9. Hyrule Warriors
10. Assassin's Creed Unity

Tried to only vote for games that haven't been shown substantially before. Xenoblade has been shown before, but not nearly with the same quantity of footage that Nintendo presented it at E3 this year, so I let that in at the top even though it isn't a "new" title.

1. Grim Fandango
2. Bayonetta 2
3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
4. Batman: Arkham Knight
5. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
6. Yoshi's Woolly World
7. Rainbow Six: Siege
8. No Man's Sky
9. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
10. Mortal Kombat X

Pachimari

Metal Gear were always my absolute favorite franchise. Metal Gear Solid is my all-time favorite video game. Then MGS4: Guns of the Patriots came along and it burned me so hard, that I gave up on this series. Yet Kojima Productions have managed to pull me right back in, especially on top of this E3 with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Not so much because of the trailer, which I thought lacked something to be desired, but more because of the small gameplay video glimpses and snippets of detailed gameplay information we have been served. Fultoning a sheep? Your horse taking a poop? Building your own Mother Base from the ground up? Attention to detail that is synonymous with my favorite series.

2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
I had long given up hope for another tactical shooter in the veins of Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow. Always have a wished for something like it, but Vegas 1 & 2 turned me off and so did the now cancelled Patriots. Ubisoft managed to surprise me and bring me right back in with its conference trailer of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege, which I frankly thought to be a scripted demonstration and unattainable. Today I watched actual in-game gameplay and everything were true. Everything from animations of the defenders to the awareness of the hostage downright to the tactical roots I have long missed. Leaning is back in and no third person perspective is in sight, while the slower paced tempo and in-depth communication is all there. Yup, this seems to be Rainbow Six in every sense of the name.

3. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
I gotta give Nintendo credit for showcasing their games perfectly and surprisingly they made E3 what it was to me this year. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS will be my first in the series and all the character reveals keeps hyping me but I have never understood the underlying gameplay. Even basics were explained to me yesterday, which made it that much easier to get into, and the Invitational tournament set just the right mood to get anyone interested hyped into this sequel. It helps that Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man can finally face off against each other. Nobody with love for videogames can reject this fight.

4. Assassin's Creed: Unity
5. Splatoon
6. FIFA 15
7. Rise of the Tomb Raider
8. Yoshi's Woolly World
9. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
10. Final Fantasy Type-0

Midn1ght

1. Mirror's Edge
2. No Man's Sky
3. Witcher 3
4. Zelda U
5. Inside
6. Ori and the Blind Forest
7. Dead Island 2
8. Dying Light
9. Fantasy Life (US release)
10. The Division

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
1. Bloodborne
2. Zelda U
3. Uncharted 4
4. Grim Fandango
5. The Order 1886
6. No Man's Sky
7. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
8. Alien Isolation
9. MGS5
10. Batman Arkham Knight

1. Bloodborne
2. Batman: Arkham Knights
Looks amazing. Jaw dropping amazing.
3. No Man's Sky
4. Splatoon
Looks very fun.
5. Abzu
6. Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX+ α
7. Rainbow Six: Siege
8. Smash Bros Wii U
9. Zelda Wii U
10. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Hasney

1. MGS5
2. Hyrule Warriors
3. Bayonetta 2
4. Smash Bros
5. Project STEAM
6. Fantasy Life
7. Dead Rising 3 Super hyper whateveramajig
8. Captain Toad
9. Zelda U
10. Yoshi's Wooly World

kadotsu

Banned
1. Zelda Wii U
2. Bloodborne
3. Sunset Overdrive
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X
5. Bayonetta 2
6. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
7. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
8. Yoshi's Wooly World
9. Little Big Planet 3
10. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

FerranMG

1. Destiny
2. Grand Theft Auto V
3. Far Cry 4
4. Evolve
5. Batman Arkham Knight
6. Zelda Wii U
7. Splatoon
8. The Last of Us Remastered
9. No Man's Sky
10. Bloodborne

Destiny because I hope it mixes loot game and multiplayer perfectly.

GTA V because I played the game on a X360 and absolutely loved it. The most technically astonishing game I have seen on any last gen console, that still looks like could take so much out the current gen ones. PS4 here I come.

Far Cry 4 because I loved 3, and I hope this is still better. I'm all for open world FPS.

Evolve because it looks like an interesting iteration over L4D, which I loved.

Batman because of the same reason. I was a bit fed up with the formula after playing Asylum and City, but this seems it can rejuvenate it.

Zelda Wii U and Splatoo: I don't even own a Wii U, but this (together with Mario Kart 8) have made me want to get one.

TLoU same reason as with GTA V.

About No Man's Sky, I was more interested in it when they presetned the game with the very first trailer. The procedurally generated everything interests me, but so far I haven't seen where the actual gameplay is.

Bloodborne because it took me very long to finally get into Demon's Souls, but when I did, I loved it. Excited to see more of it.

I left out Dead Island 2 and Crackdown 3 because they had only trailers, but I'm genuinely excited for them, too.

Fuz

Banned
1. Witcher 3
2. Bloodborne
3. Zelda
4. No Man's Sky
5. Elite Dangerous
6. Yoshi's Wooly World

SMZC

2. Mortal Kombat X
3. Assassin's Creed Unity
4. Batman: Arkham Knight
5. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
6. Zelda Wii U
7. No Man's Sky
8. Yoshi's Woolly World
9. The Division
10. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
1. Metal Gear Solid V
2. Bloodborne
3. Batman Arkham Knight
4. Star Wars Battlefront
5. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Burning Justice

the superior princess
1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Splatoon
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
5. Destiny
6. Sunset Overdrive
7. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
8. Hyrule Warriors
9. No Man's Sky
10. Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

Pretty stacked towards Nintendo this year. Can't say Sony or Microsoft showed a whole lot that interested me. Zelda Wii U looks amazing, and Splatoon was by far the biggest surprise for me in terms of how good it looked.

Exquisik

1. Bloodborne
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
4. No Man's Sky
5. Halo 5: Guardian
6. Batman Arkham Knight
7. Super Smash Bros. U
8. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
9. Scalebound
10. The Order 1886

marcincz

1. The Order: 1886
2. Uncharted 4
3. MGS V
4. LBP 3
5. Far Cry 4
6. No Man's Sky
7. Grim Fandango
8. Batman Arkham Knight
9. Wtcher 3
10. Bloodborne

1. Cuphead
2. Splatoon
3. Bloodborne
4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
5. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
6. Elite: Dangerous
7. Zelda Wii U
8. Rainbow Six: Siege
9. Codename: S.T.E.A.M.
10. Elite: Dangerous

1) Bloodborne
2) Uncharted 4
3) No Man's Sky
4) The Order 1886
5) Far Cry 4
6) Sunset Overdrive
7) Driveclub
8) TLOU Remaster
9) Splatoon
10) Little Big Planet 3

Surprised that I didn't find a place for The Witcher 3 here, as it was probably my most anticipated game from last year, but these were my honest first impressions.

ChipotIe

Banned
1. Bloodborne
2. Bayonetta 2
3. Ori and the Blind Forest
4. The Witcher 3
5. Splatoon
6. Sunset Overdrive
7. The Division
8. No Man's Sky
9. Zelda Wii U
10. Xenoblade Chronicles X

This is rough. To me this year's E3 was an excellent showing and there are many games I would readily buy right now. If I could only pick 10 to play... these are the ones I would choose and the order in which I would rank my hype for them.

In all honesty Metal Gear Solid would have been No.1 if this were 2013 and it came out that year... but getting me that hyped over something that's several years away? That's a bad move. Here I was for a while thinking it would be a launch title for the newest gen. I was so excited I could hardly contain my hype. Sins of the father was on rotation for a good while on my playlist. And now... now I couldn't care less. Get back to me when you're actually putting the game out within the year.

1. Batman Arkham Knight
2. Destiny
3. Super Smash Bros. U
4. The Division
5. Assassin's Creed Unity
6. Mirror's Edge
7. Halo: Master Chief Collection
8. Bloodborne
9. Zelda U
10. Forza Horizon 2

Really the top four were a total toss up - looking forward to them all almost equally, Knight won out simply because it had a fantastic demo. Destiny got second because i really enjoyed the alpha. Smash Bros tourney was fantastic and that got it third. Division was good but the gameplay was more of the same, hoping to see something new soon.

Bloodborne would have been much higher but i just can't get excited for it till there is a solid date - i fully expect it will hit 2016 as a gut feeling and if so it is way too soon for me to get hyped (even if the division may slip into 2016 as well, in Massive Entertainment i have faith).

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
4. Bloodborne
5. Far Cry 4
6. No Man's Sky
7. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
8. Batman: Arkham Knight
9. Yoshi's Wooly World
10. Xenoblade Chronicles X

Hypron

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. Bloodborne
3. Bayonetta 2
4. Metal Gear Solid V
5. Scalebound
6. The legend of Zelda Wii U
7. Batman Arkham Knight
8. Uncharted 4

Tizoc

Can someone link to a site or post that shows the games showcased or announced during e3?
Would xseed games count for example?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
1. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
2. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
3. Splatoon
4. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
5. Yoshi's Wooly World

Gamerasi

1. Bloodborne
2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
3. Uncharted 4
4. Witcher 3
5. Driveclub
6. Last of Us Remastered
7. Batman Arkham Knight
8. No Mans Sky.
9. Destiny
10. Division

romulus91

1. Witcher 3 : Simply looks beyond anything iv ever played in my favourite genre
2. Bloodborne : Demon soulseque rpg with an amazing tone
3. Shadow of Mordor : suprise hit of the show- orc system just sound encapsulating
4. Bayonetta 2 : Bayonetta + 2 = sequel to the best action/slasher iv ever played
5. Batman AK : Looks stunning, best team returns, great improvements
5. Dragon Age : Improved in almost every way it seems, love the combined 1 + 2 systems
6. Far Cry 4 : far cry 3 improved
7. X Chronicles : simply stunning , retains its japanese charm
8. Rainbow Six siege - blown away by the demo, has the propensity to be a great tactical shooter
9. The Division - once again looks amazing, rpg mechanics, team based, futuristic
10. Oreshika Bloodlines (over my dead body)

Zelda wii u/ uncharted would be top 5 easily but no gameplay makes it more difficult to assume

1. Bloodborne
2. Witcher 3
3. Uncharted 4
4. No Man's Sky
5. Zelda U
6. Order 1886
7. Far Cry 4
8. Batman Arkham Knight
9. Assassin's Creed: Unity
10. Grim Fandango

1. Fantasia: Music Evolved
2. Scalebound
3. Rainbow 6: Siege
4. Ori and the Blind Forest
5. Splatoon
6. Sunset Overdrive
7. Mirror's Edge 2
8. Mortal Kombat X
9. MGSV: The Phantom Pain
10. Far Cry 4

Fantasia stuck with me surprisingly long because I really liked that Harmonix presenter, he was such a sweet guy! He was so eager to share yet slightly forlorn because his game probably wouldn't stand out or he wouldn't stand out... for most people.

Punkroses

1. Bloodborne
2. Destiny
3. Witcher 3
4. Unchartered 4
5. Arkham Knight
6. Dragon Age Inquisition
7. Mirror's Edge 2
8. Driveclub
9. No Man's Sky
10. Bayonetta 2

TaiKH92

Banned
1.-Xenoblade X
2.-Tales of Xillia 2
3.-Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
4.-Zelda
5.-Captain Toad
6.-FF Type-0
7.-Ratchet & Clank remake
8.-Yoshi Woolly thing

The game I'm looking forward the most is Tales of Zestiria though but obviously that didn't show up at the E3

Edit: I added Pokemon OR/AS and changed the positions a little bit

Tizoc

1. Grim Fandango HD
2. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
3. Cuphead
4. Splatoon
5. Captain Toad: Treasure Hunter
6. Brandish: The Dark Revenant
7. Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed
8. Corpse Party (PC)
9. Yoshi's Woolly World
10. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Grim Fandango HD
A much sought for Classic Point n' Click adventure and the most unexpected announcement during E3, especially the fact that they announced A point n' click adventure during Sony's conference
Many expected the original game to be released on Steam or GOG, but this was a very nice surprise

Lara Croft GL2
Liked what I played of Guardian of Light so I'm looking forward to this one, not much else to say TBH

Cuphead
The classic 30s/40s cartoon style makes it stand out and hopefully the gameplay delivers

Joey Ravn

Banned
1. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: Just pure, unadulterated fun.
2. The Witcher 3: Probably one of the most impressive RPGs ever conceived.
3. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: This is exactly what the series needs.
4. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby: More Pokémon is always good.
5. Xenoblade Chronicles X: I haven't played the first one, though I have it. It looks like a great JRPG.
6. Bayonetta 2: So smooth, so crazy.
7. Batman: Arkham Knight: Origins was a letdown, but Rocksteady brings their A game to the series once again.
8. Hyrule Warriors: Honestly, I'm surprised by how fun this game looks.
9. Amiibo: My wallet. My poor wallet.
10. Splatoon: Multiplayer games are not my thing, but this one looks terrific.

Overall, Nintendo dominated this year's E3, if you ask me. I still have no reason to buy a console. Nintendo and my PC have me covered.

Manco

Neo Member
This is more a list for what we will get our hands on sooner than later. So Division,TC Siege,Batman AK etc are not on the list.

1. Halo MCC
2. No Mans Sky
3. AC Unity
4. Ori & the Blind Forest
5. Destiny

Evolve was so close to a top 5...

Leks

1. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
2. Assassin's Creed Unity
3. Batman Arkham Knight
4. Bayonetta 2
5. The Legend of Zelda U