• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: HARD LINES

Dash Kappei said:
I see, pills first then thanks guys. But in berserker mode, if I get a red pill soon in the game, should I go for a killspree or even in that case the pills should get priority?
any time you get a red one in the mid-late game you should go on a spree since you also get multipliers per kill.

Ok, how I'm understanding this so far is that the pills raise your multiplier and killing other lines is what really raises your score......

Incitemaybe said:
Ok, how I'm understanding this so far is that the pills raise your multiplier and killing other lines is what really raises your score......
Pills will raise your multiplier pretty quickly, especially early-mid game, but kills also add to your multiplier, so it's all about finding a balance in the late game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
-Pyromaniac- said:
Pills will raise your multiplier pretty quickly, especially early-mid game, but kills also add to your multiplier, so it's all about finding a balance in the late game.

Love the connections with Pac-Man CE's gameplay!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Noooooo, started screwing up by the end and finished with 199,810. So close to hanging out with the cool scores in the 200,000 section. :,(

I can now consistently get over 200K, I just can't beat my 251K. I'm sure someone here will end up beating it handily, as usual :p

Dash Kappei

dantehemi said:
I bet we get close to 50, I have played this game very little, and I can tell most who are on the fence about this game that it is well worth it. And these gaf challenges really get exciting and you deffinatly get your money's worth out of a game when you participate in one of these.

Never underestimate the power of the Weekly Challenges! :D

We're at 51 gaffers owning the game already!
And 43 have already played the game for this challenge!

Dash Kappei said:
Never underestimate the power of the Weekly Challenges! :D

We're at 51 gaffers owning the game already!
And 43 have already played the game for this challenge!
that's good news, more people should get on this. Pretty addicting game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm glad this challenged existed because I didn't really play Dead Lines before this. Pretty fun mode

I always before timed modes over open ended modes in arcade-ish games like this. But in actual gaming I hate when I'm pressured to do something :p

Fuu

RnhQB.png

Crying!!

Fuu

In any case, your score was a source of inspiration by being on top of my screen haunting me, lol. I'll try some other games for a bit before trying to top my current score, haven't played anything but Hard Lines since my iPhone arrived just in time for this challenge.

Dash Kappei

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: HARD LINES DAY 1

2d87d59b89ef5c2b4eafcfd533d9d7b5.jpg

-Hard Lines on iTunes (Universal app, $0.99/€0.79/£0.69) 

Remember, this scores might be from a few hours ago!
Any score mistakenly validated during the week will be wiped out for the final results on Day7.

#Current Results -TOP40 (46 players total- score holders listed as Game Center profiles)

336598633.047158dovf.jpg

336599078.936563ku1p.jpg

Pachimari

At what time did these scores happen?
Because I had a score at 115,000 many hours ago and I'm not on the list. =)

I'll wait for the next update on scores.
Exciting nonetheless.

Pachimari

Oh maybe thats why I'm not on it, I only scored 115,000 around six to seven hours ago maybe. I'll take the top spot I'm sure ;-)

Heyyy I'm now second all time on the high score list! Just hit 376K. Still not confident because I'm sure someone here will beat it, but I am proud of it.

Second only to that ridiculously high 2 million score, and the worst part is I crashed with a good 30 seconds left, if I didn't I could have easily hit 500K.

That's a little weird considering I hit 251K last night. Not that it matters since I've since beaten that! I'm sure the next update will show it.

Fuu

Congrats on the new score, Pyro! lol, I feel like getting right back into action now but I've been playing this too much.

I'm not too familiar with how Game Center works yet but is that 2 million score hacked or something? Thankfully all the ones below it are in a normal range.

Fuu said:
Congrats on the new score, Pyro! lol, I feel like getting right back into action now but I've been playing this too much.

I'm not too familiar with how Game Center works yet but is that 2 million score hacked or something? Thankfully all the ones below it are in a normal range.
at first I thought it's a mighty suspect high score but I don't know, I think I can believe it. I'm not THAT good at this game and I just hit 376K. I died with 30 or so seconds left. If I hadn't and kept rolling, and lets say got lucky and got a red thing, I think I could have reached 1 million considering how many lines were all over the place.

But I don't know, 2 million seems a bit high. It's hard to tell.

edit: oh and thanks!

Dash Kappei

-Pyromaniac- said:
That's a little weird considering I hit 251K last night. Not that it matters since I've since beaten that! I'm sure the next update will show it.

Just checked. It shows Anastacio's score right now but yours' still 251k.
Both in-game and through the Game Center app.

Dash Kappei

-Pyromaniac- said:
My score shows on my game center app. Your GC be actin' strange.

edit:

[/QUOTE]I don't think it's acting strange, but I know there are games which take a couple of hours before getting the scores updated. Hard Lines must be one of them.
Score's showing now, incredible feat, congrats!

Btw, we've reached 60 players already :D
I like what my challenges are bringing in terms of GAF's popularity to the games chosen (obviously thanks to you guys embracing these contests), hopefully we keep choosing good and deserving games :)

Dash Kappei said:
I don't think it's acting strange, but I know there are games which take a couple of hours before getting the scores updated. Hard Lines must be one of them.
Score's showing now, incredible feat, congrats!

Btw, we've reached 60 players already :D
I like what my challenges are bringing in terms of GAF's popularity to the games chosen (obviously thanks to you guys embracing these contests), hopefully we keep choosing good and deserving games :)

I got a not terrible score of 86k! (still not good)

Fuu

-Pyromaniac- said:
at first I thought it's a mighty suspect high score but I don't know, I think I can believe it. I'm not THAT good at this game and I just hit 376K. I died with 30 or so seconds left. If I hadn't and kept rolling, and lets say got lucky and got a red thing, I think I could have reached 1 million considering how many lines were all over the place.

But I don't know, 2 million seems a bit high. It's hard to tell.

edit: oh and thanks!
Good point, if the guy actually got an unusual streak of red glowing things it's doable to reach much higher numbers depending on the multiplier and number of enemy lines. It's kind of weird because of the insane difference but if there was some exploit we probably wouldn't be seeing it exclusively on the first spot anyway. I'm glad that's not the kind of score we're dealing with in the challenge so far, if any one here reaches 1 million I'll throw in the towel, lol.

And speaking of the red things, sometimes it sucks how random they can be (going the full 3 minutes without having a single one appear, like jlevel13 pointed in another post). Thankfully the sessions are so short in deadline mode and restarting if you screw up early is a very quick process.

snorggy

Hate it when my fat thumb gets in the way... got to learn to play this game with my index finger or something!

jlevel13

snorggy said:
Hate it when my fat thumb gets in the way... got to learn to play this game with my index finger or something!

I definitely feel sorry for anybody trying to play this for score on an iPhone.

Dash Kappei

jlevel13 said:
I definitely feel sorry for anybody trying to play this for score on an iPhone.
Dunno about Pyro and Fuu but Wario plays on iTouch and he's pretty damn good (250k).

I play mostly on an ipad though I'm pretty good at games on the touch.

Also sometimes I play with my two thumbs holding the ipad with a hand on each side, as if it's a gamepad lol.

Fuu

I'm on an iPhone, no problems here. I play on tappy with two thumbs and got used to pressing different sections of the screen, so fingers are never in the way of the action.

Gaspode_T

I have a day off of work but my son somehow has command of both the iPad and TV at the same time so I'm making progress on my newly purchased achievement-less PSP games :p

Yeah anyway I definitely am not happy with my score at all, I really feel 300K+ is possible if you get lucky with red dots at the right time...I thought maybe you get more red dots if you get more kills but it's probably my imagination

If it makes you guys feel better, I only got 1 red dot the whole game I got 376K, so don't restart the game because you think you're not lucky, just keeeeep going. I didn't even get the one I got late game, it was a bit after the middle so my multiplier wasn't even THAT high.

Dash Kappei

slick7rick said:
my pathetic high score is barely 25,000 :( lol
Go only for the pills and try to not die, especially not consecutively. You'll get better with time and start doing kills, but I'm sure following that tip you'll already double your score on your first or second try.

Krorg

I like the turny controls with the iPhone. It's responsive and I don't have to worry about my thumbs covering the screen.

Koodo

Banned
Wait, Pyro scored 376k and reached the #2 spot in the All Time All Player Leaderboard? (#1 really, since the top spot seems suspicious)

9qe2ci.jpg

I give up.

Top Bottom