• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Brutus554

Neo Member
Hello NeoGAF. My first post here.
I was browsing Retro Studios website when I found something interesting...
Under 'Careers', they are showcasing all of their games. The interesting part is at the bottom of the page where you barely can see Diddy Kong under a banner - "More to Come".
Could this be a subliminal teaser of the infamous racing game Retro Studios were working on? Maybe it wasn't a Star Fox game - but instead a new Diddy Kong racing game..?

Woopah

Hello NeoGAF. My first post here.
I was browsing Retro Studios website when I found something interesting...
Under 'Careers', they are showcasing all of their games. The interesting part is at the bottom of the page where you barely can see Diddy Kong under a banner - "More to Come".
Could this be a subliminal teaser of the infamous racing game Retro Studios were working on? Maybe it wasn't a Star Fox game - but instead a new Diddy Kong racing game..?

Welcome to the Community! I don't think that image is a tease for anything unfortunately. Its just an image from their latest released game. Right now the only project they're working on is Prime 4. Everything else is cancelled.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome to the Community! I don't think that image is a tease for anything unfortunately. Its just an image from their latest released game. Right now the only project they're working on is Prime 4. Everything else is cancelled.
Here's hoping.

Saruhashi

Banned
Maybe it wasn't a Star Fox game - but instead a new Diddy Kong racing game..?

Didn't the Star Fox racing game turn out to be the DLC for that StarLink game?

They had an expansion at the end of April 2019 that included playable Star Fox characters and some racing mode too.

I think the leak was correct that there was going to be Star Fox racing but it wasn't a full game and was just DLC in another game.

It would be very strange indeed if there was a rumour of a Star Fox racing game and then Ubisoft released a game that had racing and Star Fox characters but that somehow wasn't the game in the leak.

From a sales perspective I think Nintendo would have to be mad to bring out a secondary kart racer at this point.

Seems like it would be destined to be "pretty decent but not as good as MK8".

Dampf

This is really a hard time to be a Nintendo fan. I can't believe it has been 10 months since the last general direct....

What is Nintendo doing?

Jooxed

Gold Member
Those platforms. Six mentioned, but there's actually 9 with the variations. It must be an interesting time to be a developer. Or a port house like Panic Button.

Panic Button has really dropped off the Switch Radar since Adam Creighton left the studio besides the upcoming Doom Eternal port. Before it seemed like the were porting all sorts of games to the switch. Lately I feel like we haven't heard much from them.

Though I am excited to see what his new studio is doing.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hi Friends!

KeliosFR who leaked NIntendo Directs before is saying around the 16th there should be something. Could be something....might be nothing. Who knows.

And also the french Wario 64

Looks to be potentially happening between July 16th- July 20th.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Panic Button has really dropped off the Switch Radar since Adam Creighton left the studio besides the upcoming Doom Eternal port. Before it seemed like the were porting all sorts of games to the switch. Lately I feel like we haven't heard much from them.

Though I am excited to see what his new studio is doing.

I feel like they just released so much that they're resetting. Plus trying to prep Eternal for launch, which may actually require cooperation with a crossroads demon or something.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Really hope we get another direct before the Paper Mario release. I still have on remaining voucher to spend. Need to figure out what I'll use it on. Perhaps Pokemon. I still haven't bought the latest. I bought 8 vouchers last year and have been holding on to the last one for a while now just incase something else cool got announced . I knew I would certainly use all 8, actually ended up wanting 11 or 12 games over the past year.

LOL There may or may not be a direct on the 20th that's all you need to know friend.

Ec-QUX-6-Xs-AEju-C.jpg

Skelterz

What new release and what port release would make you most excited for holiday 2020?

BOTW 2
Metroid P4
Mario Kart 9
Shin Megami Tensai V
Bayonetta 3
Pokemon Snap

Remakes

Mario “3D” Collection (rumoured)
Metroid prime trilogy (rumoured)
Pikmin 3
Xenoblade X
Dragon Quest X MMO - localised -

-Arcadia-

Banned
If they were going to do a Smash crossover, now would be the time.

Getting Infinite hyped up with an absolute megaton that makes everyone think about their good times with the Chief, would be super smart.

Not saying it's happening... just that from now until November, there's a sharply higher chance of it happening.

Top Bottom