• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
They know our eyes are becoming smaller and smaller because of the disappointment disease. 🤣🤣🤣
screenlg5.jpg

Jooxed

Gold Member
So what do we think for tomorrow Nintendo brethren. Something awesome like a new castlevania or something lame like Duck Tales Remastered Directors Cut Scrooges Big Find

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Xcloud on Switch ?

I've speculated on that a few times. I could see a situation where Microsoft makes the service available on Switch in a limited capacity; perhaps a handful of first party titles like Halo MCC, Forza, and Sea of Thieves. Nintendo certainly is not interested in losing out on traditional third party support and ports because developers choose to put their games on xCloud in lieu of a Switch port.

This could also be a situation where Nintendo inks a deal with MSFT to license a white-labeled xCloud tech so as to allow select third party games that would normally be unable to run on Switch despite any sort of port wizardry. Games wouldn't appear to be running on Xbox but rather via "Nintendo Streaming" They could even include Switch button prompts in game. I know Resident Evil and Assassins Creed run on Switch via cloud today in Japan. Developer could sell the games for $60 with a licensing fee going back to MSFT. An odd model for streaming to be sure but Assassins Creed is a one time purchase to stream in Japan today. All of this would be incredibly unusual coming from Nintendo though...

Last edited:
Guys... I'm heartbroken. I'm playing DP2 and... There's no frickin' option to invert the camera controls! I can't play like this man!

1/10 biggest disappointment this year.

No but seriously I can't play the game like this. I looked around a bit, and apprently the game tells you you can alter these options at some point but... They're not in the settings menu. Seems they actually forgot to include them. So I'll have to wait 'till they patch them in.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Guys... I'm heartbroken. I'm playing DP2 and... There's no frickin' option to invert the camera controls! I can't play like this man!

1/10 biggest disappointment this year.

No but seriously I can't play the game like this. I looked around a bit, and apprently the game tells you you can alter these options at some point but... They're not in the settings menu. Seems they actually forgot to include them. So I'll have to wait 'till they patch them in.
Nintendo is saving you from your evil ways.

I can't remember off the top of my head but is there any chance you could invert the stick via the button mapping menu in the OS? Not the "right" way to deal with the issue but a potential workaround while you wait for a potential patch.

Nintendo is saving you from your evil ways.

I can't remember off the top of my head but is there any chance you could invert the stick via the button mapping menu in the OS? Not the "right" way to deal with the issue but a potential workaround while you wait for a potential patch.
Thanks for the tip, but it looks like all you can do is make the left stick behave like the right and vice versa.

I've been playing with inverted controls since I was a kid, when I bought a pre-owned Gamecube that already had these settings. I didn't understand English as well back then and didn't know how to change it. Now I'm too used to it to adapt.

Shaqazooloo

So what do we think for tomorrow Nintendo brethren. Something awesome like a new castlevania or something lame like Duck Tales Remastered Directors Cut Scrooges Big Find
Treehouse usually have small reveals so I don't think its gonna be anything major.

WayForward working on an older IP of Nintendo/Game Freak?

Would love a Drill Dozer 2 if GF are happy to let Wayforward take a crack at it and use the Joycons differently for the Gears.

Shaqazooloo

Nintendo said it was a third party property that they'll reveal.

I think it'll be a new wayforward IP.

It's based on third party IP so it can't be original, could be Castlevania perhaps?

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
“… At the time, it was widely believed that American kids would never want to play games with a lot of text, (so) we thought Pokemon only had about 10% chance of success outside Japan. […] The first time we showed off some Pokemon in the US, we were told they were ‘too cute.’​
(…) The staff in America submitted their ideas for replacement designs, but we just couldn’t believe the kind of stuff they were proposing. They turned Pikachu into something like a tiger with huge breasts. It looked like a character from the musical Cats. When I asked ‘how is this supposed to be Pikachu?’, they said ‘Well look, there’s its tail right there’ … Seriously, that was the kind of stuff being proposed.”​

Last edited:
Paper Mario is not for me personally but it looks like a really well made game, no?

This pencil boss battle is hilarious. WTF?

I guess this wouldn't sell too well but it looks like a decent game.

The whole "puzzle" aspect of the battles is pretty interesting.

I think it looks GREAT and they're showing the initial area which already looks stunning. I'm a believer, I think we'll see a Luigi's Mansion 3 level success here.

Saruhashi

Banned
I think it looks GREAT and they're showing the initial area which already looks stunning. I'm a believer, I think we'll see a Luigi's Mansion 3 level success here.

I was just thinking there that I am gonna buy Ghost of Tsushima next week so unlikely I would buy 2 games at the same time.

Whats funny to me is I am looking forward to this "realistic" samurai game but over here we have Mario beating the hell out of a pencil case.

I think sometimes we underestimate just how creative Nintendo can be.

He is beating up a pencil case!

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I was just thinking there that I am gonna buy Ghost of Tsushima next week so unlikely I would buy 2 games at the same time.

Whats funny to me is I am looking forward to this "realistic" samurai game but over here we have Mario beating the hell out of a pencil case.

I think sometimes we underestimate just how creative Nintendo can be.

He is beating up a pencil case!

Nintendo aren’t like other companies. That’s why I bought a Switch.

ExpandKong

Banned
They showed the Paper Mario reveal trailer at the end of that part, the one that ends with the Metroid tease (Mario wearing Samus’s helmet)...then their surprise reveal is a Bakugan game?

why do i do this to myself, brothers

They showed the Paper Mario reveal trailer at the end of that part, the one that ends with the Metroid tease (Mario wearing Samus’s helmet)...then their surprise reveal is a Bakugan game?

why do i do this to myself, brothers

Maybe after the hour long Bakugan thing they will announce that Metroid Prime 4 got cancelled and rebooted into a Bakugan game.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Okay, regardless of the criticism surrounding the wider series, can anybody deny how fun and refreshing that looked? Everything worked. The entire thirty minute presentation was a joy.

Now if only I could say the same about Wayforward actually managing to make Pokemon look like a technical masterpiece, with what might be the most uninspired looking game I've seen in one of the big three's streams in quite some time.

Top Bottom