• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gal Gadot says ‘WONDER WOMAN 3’ is still in the works

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Nope. Don't believe it. They can't be that stupid.

This year has proved how much the audience hates the DCEU and wants nothing more to do with the characters involved.

This sounds like a rather desperate Gadot trying to keep herself in a conversation others have thrown her out of.

Last edited:

belmarduk

They should cancel all DC projects and pool their efforts into one really good movie... they've lost so much money its ridiculous!

jason10mm

Gold Member
Come on, SURELY she will show up in Blue Beetle, casually whip out a power she has never shown before, have the hero FAWN over her, give a smug, knowing smile, then fuck off back to Wayne Manor or wherever the hell she spends her free time.

kunonabi

Come on, SURELY she will show up in Blue Beetle, casually whip out a power she has never shown before, have the hero FAWN over her, give a smug, knowing smile, then fuck off back to Wayne Manor or wherever the hell she spends her free time.
I never thought wonder woman could be more boring than she is in the comics but here we are.

VulcanRaven

Nope. Don't believe it. They can't be that stupid.

This year has proved how much the audience hates the DCEU and wants nothing more to do with the characters involved.

This sounds like a rather desperate Gadot trying to keep herself in a conversation others have thrown her out of.
Gunn has said that Peacemaker will continue, Viola Davis is still Amanda Waller and there was talk about Jason Momoa still being in the DCU. I think this means that other actors could stay too. I wouldn't be suprised if Margot Robbie is still Harley Quinn.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Flash stays, Wonder Woman stays, but Superman, literally the best man to play the character REBOOTED. Im pretty sure Gunn just hates Cavill, no other explanation, no way the dude that made Guardians is this fucking idiotic.

Ezra is done. The Flash movie was his swan song.

At present, because of the strike, no actors can make deals and since Gunn is also a writer with the WGA, no one is writing either. This tweet is cap!

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Gunn has said that Peacemaker will continue, Viola Davis is still Amanda Waller and there was talk about Jason Momoa still being in the DCU. I think this means that other actors could stay too. I wouldn't be suprised if Margot Robbie is still Harley Quinn.

Yep. It's fucking stupid and will fail.

Liamario

Banned
Got rid of the one actor who definitely should have stayed. Their name rhymes with Henry Cavill.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
HAHAHAHAHA
"But it's a reboot"

1690985700-b09928e373417102ec57fe5d713182aa.jpg

Getting rid of Cavill because he is too old when Gadot is only 2 years younger. Right...
The pros Gunn are going to have an MCU-style funny universe and a a semi-reboot and they're gonna scream "genius". Well though I'm waiting to see, it wouldn't be the first time that Gunn lies outright.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I never realized 1984 did so bad. What happened there? I haven’t seen it but the first was pretty good, was there a big change or something? I should watch it still

Edit: came out in 2020. I’m sure that didn’t help

Last edited:

kunonabi

I never realized 1984 did so bad. What happened there? I haven’t seen it but the first was pretty good, was there a big change or something? I should watch it still

Jenkins was given full creative control and it turned out to be a complete and utter train wreck. It really is one of the worst big budget movies ever made.

VulcanRaven

It went to a completely different direction from the first movie. They are so different in tone even thought were made by the same director. I don't remember the plot well but Perdo Pascal is great as the villian.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Meanwhile, on other DC news:

1690988021-ycvdfquyqjfb1.jpg
Bringing back Zack Snyder would be the worst thing they could do. His Justice League was good but I don't need more DC movies from him. I wanted a Henry Cavill Superman movie directed by someone else.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Bringing back Zack Snyder would be the worst thing they could do. His Justice League was good but I don't need more DC movies from him. I wanted a Henry Cavill Superman movie directed by someone else.
Oh I agree, it's too late now and DC is a shitshow. I don't want him associated with this again and he seems happy with what he does now. I just like to point the fuckin mistake that WB did (and is still doing apparently)
For a MoS II I would have loved to see McQuarrie at the helm. That would have been insane with Brainiac imo.

Just_one

I hope she continues. She is great as Wonder Woman also she might just be the most gorgeous woman on the planet.

mortal

Gold Member
Gal Gadot is hot, but I was never really a fan of her performance as WW. She's not all that intimidating so I couldn't take her seriously as an action star.

Initially, Emily Blunt would've been my ideal casting at the start, but she's already older than Gadot and probably getting too old for the role.
The DCEU continuity is so fucked at this point, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Heard the 2nd one was a turd so I skipped it.

There's so much superhero shit out there no reason to spend time on the worst ones.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

So bad it was an instant career-ender for Patty Jenkins just as she was ascending to a-list status.

LordCBH

We’re rebooting the universe. We’re changing everyone.
…..
Ok we’re only changing Henry Cavill who’s pretty damn popular and has a lot of people wanting us to keep him.

Remember Wonder Woman 2? How’s about a third one? Can’t be as shitty as the second.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We’re rebooting the universe. We’re changing everyone.
…..
Ok we’re only changing Henry Cavill who’s pretty damn popular and has a lot of people wanting us to keep him.

Remember Wonder Woman 2? How’s about a third one? Can’t be as shitty as the second.
Cavill is too old, but how about Fillion for Lantern?
pepsi GIF

I still want an approaching or middle aged supes story, not the endless CW aged crap. Reboot the reboot the reboot. Keep telling the same story/timeline over and over and over. I swear they're running a scam.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Gal Gadot is not a great actress, but she has a lot of charm on screen. You root for her. If they didn't fuck up the second WW so bad, it would've made bank.

I'm happy she'll be back, I just hope not as a stupid cameo crap they like doing now.

The first one is fine, the second is garbage, but Gal is very attractive.
You find her attractive? Lol. She has a cute face ill give give her that. But the rest of her body from top to bottom is just a flat ass ironing board imo.

I liked her in Batman vs Superman, the way she got introduced. Haven't seen any of her movies though.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
You find her attractive? Lol. She has a cute face ill give give her that. But the rest of her body from top to bottom is just a flat ass ironing board imo.

I liked her in Batman vs Superman, the way she got introduced. Haven't seen any of her movies though.
Her face is very aesthetically pleasing to me.

JCK75

I do want more of her as Wonder Woman so long as there is a decent writing team involved.
but then again I wanted the same for Cavill.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Sharp knees, huh?

9999bed263ddf0a09e061300b757b1e0.jpg

Maaaaan, listen,
Tongue Goat GIF

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Getting rid of Cavill because he is too old when Gadot is only 2 years younger. Right...

Does anybody really think at this point that Cavill was sacked because he was 'too old'?

Fuck no.

It was because he had the guts to piss off Laura Hissrich over on Witcher during the making of season 2, and these cunts all talk to one another.

And it's also because he became a pawn in The Rock's pathetic little failed game of dick measuring with WB.

Cavill got fucked by Hollywood executives.

VulcanRaven

Pre-strikes, #WonderWoman3 was supposed to shoot this summer with a script by Patty Jenkins that Gal really liked. Jenkins was obviously returning to direct, but James Gunn scrapped her script entirely because he thought her take didn’t fit with where he wanted to take Wonder Woman in the DCU. This led to Jenkins no longer being involved in the project in ANY capacity. James Gunn, Peter Safran AND Gal Gadot will develop a NEW version of Wonder Woman 3, from scratch. (Post-strikes, obviously.) At the end of the day it won’t really be “WONDER WOMAN 3”, but a reboot starring the same actress. Some things we saw in her previous movies will stay the same, some will change.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
You never heard of Comicbook.com? They have video of Gadot saying it.

I was thinking it came from whatever that X page was. Didn't see the Comicbook.com link.

The only reason the first Wonder Woman did well was because the action was done by Snyder's team and the script wasn't entirely Jenkins' writing.

It didn't do good at the BO ... 1984 was all Jenkins and she hasn't understood the character at all.

I mean the action in the first WW is LEAGUES better than what was in 1984.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Pine was the worst aspect of WW84. Literally shoe-horned him because they thought what you're thinking.

Pine has no box office draw, he's mostly eyebrows.
Pine just got shafted by the terrible writing like everything else. His inclusion could have worked they just completely flubbed the execution.

bitbydeath

I don’t know why people are so forgiving of the first Wonder Woman movie, it was also trash.
Letting the bad guy/girl go at the end ruined the movie.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Amazed Gunn hasn’t debunked this on social media yet. If it’s true, him and Safran are nowhere near the savvy filmmakers that DC desperately needs to make a fresh start that people will respond well too.

WB should have just handed a billion quid over to Nolan in 2012. Even with that stupidly high a salary he’d have made them more profit than they are on now.

Pathetic excuse for a film company. I hope the strike does for them.

Liamario

Banned
If they seriously think Gal can carry a film without Pine they're in for a rude awakening.
You know, I think you're right. I don't think she has the charisma or ability to lead a movie. As stunning looking as she is, she doesn't have the talent to match.

Top Bottom