• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galactic Princess - Space Survival Sandbox on Kickstarter

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Pixel graphics (HLD, Galactic Princess, Gods Will Be Watching, etc.) does not equate to retro graphics (La-Mulana, etc.) They're two different visual styles.
I see. I named La-Mulana because someone else did in this thread. I guess I hate pixel graphics then? I can't even fathom why anyone like this blurry, ugly mess. But then again I really like this stuff, so who knows...

Acccent

What's his history?

As I said I worked with the guy and, at the time at least, he'd never have been able to create anything worthwhile (and that's only talking about the professional issues, his personality is terrible too and... let's say he severely damaged the lives of two friends). I wouldn't be surprised if the KS video is entirely fake and made 90% with stuff he bought in some asset store, ready for use – not that that's necessarily a bad thing though.

Anyway, I don't know if you can tell, I'm kinda annoyed. But then again now it's a bit late and as I said the KS will probably be successful so we'll see how it goes, and if the game is made and turns out great, all the better.

Authority

Banned
How I dream for the developers of FTL, Starbound and Galactic Princess to work together and mash up their games into one.

Starbound
tumblr_n052u3s8Qd1rcdtjro1_400.gif

tumblr_n052u3s8Qd1rcdtjro2_400.gif

tumblr_n052u3s8Qd1rcdtjro3_400.gif

Galactic Princess
space-gif-final-animv3.1.gif

Faster than Light
hPyfwkD.png

For the love of God someone tell me the music song their trailer uses.

Naito

Update #1 is out.

28c79ff8d646fa695f305f67bd8457c8_large.gif

This canteen is an example of rooms that we will develop if we reach the stretch goal "New Statistics".
To survive in space, you must learn how to manage statistics for your crew; such as hunger, tiredness and even loyalty.

These statistics depend on race and affect directly the effectiveness of your team.
For example, to provide for their needs, Ikooms need an impressive amount of meats while robots need only a few oil drops.

It is essential to have a good stockpile before leaving for adventure.

Naito

Update #5 is out with an in-game boarding maneveur video demonstration!

Also the first stretch goal, Module Madness at 25k £, has been met. There're 10 days left to the campaign.

Game is alive and well. Alpha is going out to all backers this weekend
Incidentally, we are ready to offer all backers access to the Galactic Princess Alpha from next weekend. All those who have given at least $ 16 / € 12 on Kickstarter. 1470 people will join the first 608 explorers (those with access to the game since last September).

Top Bottom