• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Boy Club - Currently Playing: #5 Bomberman Quest

Thought I was going to snipe a copy of Metal Gear since it wasn't listed in the auction title.

The auction went from $25 to over $50 in the last 10 seconds.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-1-game-Tested-/321859087669?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

This is the norm. Unless the auction's ending at a really strange time (say, 4 am), the price should be expected to double if it's anything good.

Part of it is probably the autobid system. It's way better to just wait until there's 5 seconds left and put in your max bid (say, for that auction, 50$) and then just see who wants it most. The market these days is all over ebay auctions, especially, so it's rough going.

Sigin

Neo Member
Ok, this time i will join you guys. Just ordered a sealed copy of Metal Gear( found one really cheap). Now i just need a game boy color...

I'm in, finished MGSV and I still have my Ghost Babel copy here.

OQAMmMR.jpg

Sigin

Neo Member
Ok, got my hands on the game and a green gameboy color. This is actually my first time really playing the game. I remember seeing a friend play when i was younger. My thoughts on it so far: This really seems like a console game. The team behind the game did a great job. I'm really early at the game, just got at the part where snake needs to meet chris personally.

One small thing: The GBC I got has some really nasty scratches on the screen protector. So I just ordered a new one. Then it's going to be a much better experience.

PS: Yesterday I also got Warioland 1,2 and 3 and Warlocked.

I'm at the very end of Ghost Babel.

Hopefully I'll finish this soon I hope.

To be honest it was fun at first but,...lets just say I kind of want it to be over lol. I don't hate it though.

daydream

Banned
just a reminder to vote for the next game here: (Quote to see)

this way, people can prepare more easily for the next game

Finished Metal Gear Ghost Babel.

Outside of the gripes I had with the layout of the levels, it was written quite well. It seems like a technical marvel for the Game Boy Color as well, really impressed how well it looks. Some of the bosses were a bit wonky but, after trying and trying and trying and TRYING I managed to get through.

daydream

Banned
Finished Metal Gear Ghost Babel.

Outside of the gripes I had with the layout of the levels, it was written quite well. It seems like a technical marvel for the Game Boy Color as well, really impressed how well it looks. Some of the bosses were a bit wonky but, after trying and trying and trying and TRYING I managed to get through.

awesome, congrats!

daydream

Banned
i'm extending the deadline for ghost babel, we'll be starting the new game nov 9

you can still get your votes in for what we should play next, bomberman quest is in the lead atm

Wolfe

Just wanted to say I picked up this game on release (MGS really seated itself as one of my favorite games very quickly so this was a no brainer) and it's still my favorite GB/GBC game.

So good, also really enjoyed how they tied it into the console titles story wise.

daydream

Banned
xJXFp5t.png

vpJiXiV.jpg
AkRghLX.jpg

Title: Bomberman Quest
Release Date: [JP] December 24, 1998; [US/EU] 1998
Platform: Game Boy Colour
Developer: Hudson Soft
Publisher: Hudson Soft; Electro Brain [US]

It's no surprise that Bomberman Quest won the poll as our next game, as people have been clamouring for more Bomberman since Hudson's death. In Bomberman Quest, the titular hero visits four zones that he has to rid of monsters with, well, his trusty bombs to return to Planet Bomber. The game foreshadows later Bomberman titles that tossed a level-based structure aside for a more involved game featuring an overworld, story and RPG elements. A lot of these elements are prefigured or at least hinted at in Quest, with Peace Town acting as a place to fall back to, allowing you to check your progress, save the game, upgrade your arsenal, and more. It's a great opportunity to revisit this fantastic series which may be gone (for all intents and purposes) but is certainly not forgotten.

This is our first game with Super Game Boy, granting you a nice borders (one pictured below). Also, heads-up: There are two endings to the game so if you wanna go for the real one, you can go look up how to do that. You can find more info on the game along with the manuals here.

The game will run us till January 11. Don't forget to vote for the next game which will be the third GBC title, rounding out the group before our first GBA title!

VOTE FOR THE SIXTH GAME HERE: (Quote to see)

a8QQ96W.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
PAL box art is similar to the Japanese version. Seeing the different Bomberman forms is what sold me on the game as a kid. Then I found out they are multiplayer only and since I knew no-one else with the game I've never seen them in game. :(

But the single player mode is fun if I recall. Beat it 100%. But I did end up with something different than what I was initially expecting.

Teknoman

Yeah it looks like some kinda "The Legend of Bomberman". Dont think i've heard of this one before either (Pocket and GB sure) so I think im gonna have to track this one down for sure. Missed out on Metal Gear, but I definitely still want to play it at some point.

Top Bottom