• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer April Cover: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

DrD

More puzzles but less crate pushing sounds good. Hopefully Chloe not being able to climb as well as Drake means they're making that aspect of the gameplay more challenging. Sounds like they've been listening to some of the criticism regarding Uncharted 4.

Got the digital issue, will reveal. Spoilers obviously

They originally planned doing a Sam & Sully story but they said his age was too much of a limiting factor. Then they thought of a Sully origin story and how they knew each other. Drake's life has been mapped out and there isn't much left to do with his past
Chloe is half Indian and half ???
Nadine lost Shoreline, but why is she a solo merc? what happened with her treasure? That will be revealed
Game is entirely in India
The villain is a mercenary and philosopher named Asev who "thinks" he is a descendant of the Hoysala Empire which lasted until the 15th century. He feels the Tusk of Ganesha should be his by birthright
Chloe has a little inferiority complex, she wants to be famous as Drake, her father was an archeologist, she was raised Hindu and she is very knowledgeable with Indian history
ND is taking extreme pains to be respectful with Hindu culture and history.
There will be multiplayer and the game will connect with UC4 multiplayer & survival co-op directly
Chloe can't climb as well as drake, she has no knowledge of martial arts so she fights more to stun, evade, uses her reflexes and slight frame to her advantage
Chloe and Nadine have several outfits
Chloe hired Nadine to help her find the Tusk. The treasure hunting community is small and they know each other by reputation
Nadie and Chloe don't trust each other at first, but as they trust each other they fight more effectively together
The rope from UC4 is in
How will these two women who never trusted anyone, been completely self reliant learn to work together? That's a big theme. They have very different backgrounds but they are ruthless and driven in their own ways,
The game will be better paced and more puzzle heavy, some brainteaser, some environmental
Drake had a journal, Chloe has a phone
There won't be any crate puzzles, well one or two as a joke

Yeah this sounds like a straight up full fledged game. I'm sure it won't be as long or big as UC4 but I'm actually really glad they went this route and not just a 2 hour DLC

I hope a little sooner than that. I'd love to see it come out by June, just a little over a year from when UC4 launched and still plenty of time before some of the fall heavy hitters come out.
I guess I'm just trying to give them more time but if it is ready in June, go for it!

Ricky_R

I thought she and Elena looked weird in 3.

I felt Chloe looked quite different, but nice. I would concede that she even looks better, but quite different from her Uncharted 2 version. Elena, however, not only looked different, but she looked off and weird. She looked like she had a face lift.

Top Bottom