• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: December Cover - Mass Effect Andromeda (not out yet, leaked)

cackhyena

Echoing that "save humanity" is a dumb ass line.

There's a universe of awesome alien creatures out there, but it's always about the damn humans. Or like the most humanoid possible alien.
It'll never change. Average Joe doesn't get drawn in to something that isn't remotely humanoid.

Durante

It's just a 7 word tagline and it already turns me off :/

I mean, is it even really the case that making a game not about a hero saving humanity would sell less?

LQX

Shepard looking a little too skinny. Cant wait to see how this looks being that BF1 looks so damn insane.

Tovarisc

That asari better not be Liara 2.0.

What we know about her paints her as nothing like Liara. This new asari is supposed to be comedic relief of line up, clown character one could say. Something like Sera from DAI I would guess.

Edit: It means permanent place in sidelines and never to be talked to.

What we know about her paints her as nothing like Liara. This new asari is supposed to be comedic relief of line up, clown character one could say. Something like Sera from DAI I would guess.
Oh god, so a different type of annoying.

Hopefully we can throw squadmates we don't like out the airlock.

I don't mean to dump on the whole thing, but why are people "hyped" for this?
Isn't this made by the same people who made Dragon Age Inquisition? Most here seemed to hate that game. Just because it's called Mass Effect doesn't mean it'll be of better quality.

Personally I'm excited because I loved DAI and ME3. I know I'll like this.
But if you didn't like those games, I'd reduce my "hype." Like, right now.

ffvorax

Hope it will be good as the first two games!
New trilogy incoming with very important decisions with no real consequences in the sequels? lol :D

Lakitu

st5fu
Isn't this made by the same people who made Dragon Age Inquisition? Most here seemed to hate that game. Just because it's called Mass Effect doesn't mean it'll be of better quality.

I don't hate Dragon Age: Inquisition but I can see why people dislike it mainly due to the quest design.

Ralemont

not me
Holy shit that design for Asari was final iteration of her, wasn't it? That is some bad design. Jeans and short cut shirt for space exploration sounds good, yes?

Comedic relief character that I hopefully can lock away into some closet.

Looks fine for a space fantasy rogue-type. I hope we can give her armor, though, like how Ashley in ME3 had her uniform and then armor separate.

Well, nah, DAI was still GAF's 4th best game of 2014. The people who don't like it really like telling others they don't though. In any case, Mass Effect has completely different creative leads and Aaron Flynn said Mass Effect is drawing far more from its own past than DAI so I don't think they'll be too similar other than 1) big explorable zones and 2) the ways in which all BW games are similar.

Patryn

Aren't you answering your own question? Not everyone hated DA:I (I personally loved it), not everyone hated the Mass Effect games.

There's quite a lot of people who actually really liked it. Is it surprising that people are excited for it?

This is your daily reminder that GAF is not a total hivemind.

Edit: It means permanent place in sidelines and never to be talked to.
Nah that's a little overboard in description. She's still a serious character, just with more quirks than others.

Simo

Is the new issue supposed to drop this week then Or next, shinobi?

Next week is quite a week for space operas. N7 day and Luc Besson's Valerian teaser drops in November 10th. Excite! Lol

Patryn

Hope it will be good as the first two games!
New trilogy incoming with very important decisions with no real consequences in the sequels? lol :D

I don't believe they've ever said if this is a trilogy. If I had to guess, they're moving more towards a Dragon Age style structure where the games are connected, but not in a trilogy format.

A new trailer and GI cover. Looks like we'll be getting some great info next week. Really hoping for a release date.

It's good to see them focusing on the female Ryder on the cover.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's just a 7 word tagline and it already turns me off :/

I mean, is it even really the case that making a game not about a hero saving humanity would sell less?

They seem to have taken the feedback about Dragon Age 2's plotline very harshly.

Looks fine for a space fantasy rogue-type. I hope we can give her armor, though, like how Ashley in ME3 had her uniform and then armor separate.

Well, nah, DAI was still GAF's 4th best game of 2014. The people who don't like it really like telling others they don't though. In any case, Mass Effect has completely different creative leads and Aaron Flynn said Mass Effect is drawing far more from its own past than DAI so I don't think they'll be too similar other than 1) big explorable zones and 2) the ways in which all BW games are similar.

So it's lead by different people. That makes sense then.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This cover gives me the immediate impression we're getting more of the 'press A to awesome' kind of gameplay. Don't know why.

Tovarisc

They've been reading GAF talk about Captain America: Civil War as well. Apparently people can't get engaged if there aren't enough steaks.

Medium or well made steaks? That is real question here with only one right answer.

Also, if they removed the default male-shep face i'm going to flip a table.

Shepard gets MAYBE mentioned in some dialogue or tablet text to tie back into old trilogy, but appearance won't happen. There is 200? years between ME3 and MEA.

strafer

Dead Space has asari and N7s?

67cd9e189a122f80117d913f658d54fc.jpg

ME suit in Dead Space 3 :p

Alrus

Would be nice if the stakes were a bit less grandiose than the original trilogy tbh. They can find a way to make an interesting story that doesn't involve "saving humanity" again.

Still excited for the game but we'll see.

Edit: Also that Asari's jacket is fucking stupid.

Top Bottom