• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer June Cover - Gears of War 3

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
JambiBum said:
There is a reason that they picked Anya.

The COG government has basically fallen apart because of Jacinto sinking, so now all of the soldiers and everyone have become members of the stranded. There aren't many actual soldiers left so they need everyone possible. Hence why they have Anya now.
She also apparently has battle training and it seems her mother was a COG frontline soldier that trained Dom's older brother and Marcus.

.la1n

Malio said:
OMG MAGAZINE COVERS! THIS GAME WILL BE AWESOME BECUZ OF IT

really?

actually the magazine cover is nice but I think people are just excited that there is a third gears of war on the way. those of us that loved the first two anyway (co-op campaign anyway)

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Gears of War 3, sweet. So far away but looking forward to seeing gameplay from it! Loved the previous two. First one definitely had a huge impact on the action games of this generation. And it took some inspiration from RE4 so credit goes there too.

Hoping for good footage at E3!

pr0cs

Nirolak said:
She also apparently has battle training and it seems her mother was a COG frontline soldier that trained Dom's older brother and Marcus.
Yep.
Read the books if you really want to know why they 'picked' Anya. There is a crazy amount of backstory for a large number of the characters.

I'm sort of surprised they didn't have her have a much larger role in the first game but I suppose some of that backstory wasn't fleshed out yet.

I liked the books, they're a pretty decent read and a lot of fun if you found the story in the games to have too many holes.

Speevy said:
When was the last time a GI cover had a game without shooter elements?

Does Portal 2 count? Or L.A. Noire? They're shooter lite at best. Otherwise, issue 200 back in October had a number of different games, most of which weren't shooters, and Epic Mickey the month before that.

Pooya

Oh man, the cover looks fantastic! I want it for my desktop wallpaper without the gameinformer logo.
EDIT: thanks Dennis!

-PXG-

Gears 3 MP wish list:

- STABLE NET CODE PLEASE!!! (host = Jesus in Gears lol)
- bring back Player Match
- make movement as quick and responsive as it was in Gears 1
- make the shotty like it was in Gears 1
- remove stopping power and grenade wall tagging (they're just lame)
- balance/ nerf the power weapons (they're just too strong)
- focus more on close quarters combat, rather than big, open maps

If they improve horde mode I'll buy it day one. randomized encounters in horde mode based on some kind of difficulty algorithm please.

G0DLIKE

-PXG- said:
Gears 3 MP wish list:

This +

- Bring back the server list with the connection quality indicated

Gears is no fun when it's laggy.

fernoca

Malio said:
OMG MAGAZINE COVERS! THIS GAME WILL BE AWESOME BECUZ OF IT

really?
Really?
Is this your first time in this kind of threads?

The threads are not about the actual cover, but the fact that being in the cover means ..a good amount of (possibly new) info, screenshots, etc..that the coverart is good or not, and that some might like it enough for a wallpaper is another thing..but the threads are always about the info inside the magazine...not about a game being awesome because it was in some cover..

LiK

just noticed that the Lambent look like the Flood. i guess this is where Master Chief lands.
yes please!
:p

Kevtones

Read it at a GS yesterday

- SMG2 had points deducted because of its challenge but it was mentioned there were 240 stars?

- Monster Hunter Tri is called archaic and the reviewer bemoans the lack of a lock-on

Cep

Banned
-PXG- said:
Gears 3 MP wish list:

Gears 3 MP wish list:

- Kill the MP (Net code will never be good)
- Make SP more awesome (less bitching Dom, and more Cole train)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I Push Fat Kids said:
- Monster Hunter Tri is called archaic and the reviewer bemoans the lack of a lock-on

I honestly don't understand what game he was looking for.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
What did these retards give the first Galaxy???

Oh, they must be retards for giving Galaxy 2 a paltry 9.25 out of 10. What an atrocious score...

Optimistic about the LP2 score :D

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
-PXG- said:
Gears 3 MP wish list:

-Do something about the spawns, spawning at the two opposite sides of the map is fine at the start, but any other time, always seemed kinda awkward to me.

Top Bottom