• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer June Cover: Infamous Second Son/PlayStation 4 Issue (30 Pages)

sappyday

lol at the disappointment. Some people here really hype themselves way too much. GI makes a couple of truthful statements that this is their longest issue and people assume that it must be the biggest game I'm the world (Half-Life 3)

sunnz

Honestly, out of the little bit of background/ smoke powers we know about I:SS, there is noting really at all we know.

SO much stuff to still tell us, hopefully they do cover quite of a lot of the game with in game screenshots.

looks like the dev.

jOhlMm9Cheg4i.jpg

He looks exactly like that dev except for everything below the hat

Decado

Please tell me that you're joking.

Definitely not. The game simply felt weak and censored. You play a super powered guy running around and killing people for x number of hours. A T-rating shouldn't have been on the table, IMO.

Still, not that big a deal. If they stick to the previous formula, it's an easy decision for me to ignore the game.

ironcreed

Banned
Damn, the ugly side of GAF decided to show up in force in this thread.

That is what happens when you set yourself up for something godlike to be revealed. Here we have coverage of the PS4 and it's launch games a few months away from the start of a new generation and it is deemed as 'boring.' LOL, got to love it.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
why would you get mad that a game you have no interest in gets a cover of a magazine?

This whole thread and the leadup to it is one big mindfuck. It was kinda obvious what they were gonna show, hell even I figured it out. Then it get´s revealed and lo behold half of gaf is butthurt. Sometimes I have trouble figuring this place out, must be me I guess.

Why would you meltdown over this!? It's a magazine cover! I could understand if some megaton dropped but for GI? Not worth it.

Probably got insanely hyped and thought it would be something like Retro's new game, 3D Mario, HL3 etc. This sounds crazy but thats what delusional hype does to you.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
People are probably mad because he over hypes on twitter and under delivers. Much like the sonic cycle which never changes ugh sad news.

He didn't overhype anything.

Reiner: Hey guys, we've got a 20+ page cover story covering multiple games!
GAF: OMG DURANGO!!

lol at the disappointment. Some people here really hype themselves way too much. GI makes a couple of truthful statements that this is their longest issue and people assume that it must be the biggest game I'm the world (Half-Life 3)

HL3 will not ever get made so that wasn't what I was thinking. I was honestly thinking Just Cause 3 as I can only assume that so much is going to be added to that title.

I'm not sure why you "lol at the disappointment", some people expect different things and want information about it.

I'm still excited about InFAMOUS, loved the first, didn't enjoy the second all that much but I had tons of other distractions at the time. A launch game for the PS4 would be perfect.

Plus Knack, DriveClub, I'm hoping they are all in the article too.

My biggest question is will my Fanatec setup still work on the PS4 and DriveClub.

Is it possible to purchase a single digital copy (this one) or do i have to get a subscription (which is 100% not going to happen)?

Gestault

"We're revealing games that have already been revealed! UNPRECEDENTED revealingness, guys!"

(Because, you know, still images of next-gen games tell us so much that already existing video wouldn't. And we couldn't possibly have concerns about written claims provided by marketing divisions in a magazine known primarily as a conduit for marketing.)

Honey Bunny

aPKlxs.gif

Oh look a fucking PS4 issue with games we've seen before and the shit games none of us fucking cared about so much that we just talking about Mark Cerny instead.

Fucksakes.
I suppose this is a good thing for Sony. Well done Sony. Make some good games.
/sigh
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It was all worth it for this post. Thank you based Game Informer.

This reminds me I still need to play Festival of Blood D:

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
We can safely disregard those people as being delusional. Seriously I can understand if its a spur of the moment thing but who in their right mind would seriously expect HL3 to be at Sony's E3. New Ips is a safe bet imo.

I think you are missing the point though. We have an issue going more in-depth look on the Playstation 4, with more details on its scheduled launch-lineup, first details from a Infamous: Second Son demo, and three new Playstation indie titles being revealed, yet people are extremely disappointed because it isn't "new".

It's crazy honestly. I hope Sony has some shock announcements planned for E3 because coverage of these games/PS4 hardware details + PS3/Vita coverage + plus launch lineup/price/etc. at E3 will be met with dissapointment (even if they are showing off a great lineup of games/content) just because it isn't "new".

i-Lo

Looking good. I just hope that in terms of characters especially antagonists, it's more like 1 instead of 2.

And the amount of salt in here is testament to its quantity. GAF, never fails.

ironcreed

Banned
Lol at all that hype for games we already know about.

I am hyped for them, as I am buying a PS4. I certainly want to know more about the launch titles. How dare they cover them. And to think Sony is probably saving some bigger announcements and more footage for E3 as well. How could anyone be excited for that?

"We're revealing games that have already been revealed! UNPRECEDENTED revealingness, guys!"

(Because, you know, still images of next-gen games tell us so much that already existing video wouldn't. And we couldn't possibly have concerns about written claims provided by marketing divisions in a magazine known primarily as a conduit for marketing.)

You fell for the GAF hype didn't you? All GI said was that they're covering something that's longer than their GTA4 cover (which was 20 pages).

Top Bottom