• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer June Cover: Infamous Second Son/PlayStation 4 Issue (30 Pages)

sunnz

Is the GI website super slow for anyone else?

Also, can I just buy this issue on the computer for 4:99?

Is it available in the UK too?

LuuKyK

Is anyone already doing a summary of info for Second Son? I could do one since I have it done (the download that is).

Cess007

I'm always happy for more Infamous info. I just wonder if at some point, the game will be related to Infamous 2 or some of the in-games choises (besides the ending, i mean)

LuuKyK

I would do it if the fucking app didnt start going ape shit asking for updates just after I finished downloading the issue. Wtf...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Nice fluid/fire effects in the Infamous shots.

Nice interview with Media Molecule too. Clarifies some things. He makes it quite clear it's a 'game' where you make things others can play or experience - be it a gameplay experience, or a music video or whatever. Although he leaves it up in the air about whether it'll be wrapped up in a specific type of game ala LBP or be a more purely open creation tool. He says they're looking into using the Dualshock 4 also as an alternative to Move - that obviously the things people make will at least have to be playable with a DS4, whatever about the create side of things.

Wow at the people crying foul at Game Informer... at least I didn't get myself hyped up at all so I'm pretty fucking excited to read more about Infamous (especially) and the other games. I really want to hear what Game Informer has to say about the Dual Shock 4. I hope Sony will have Infamous on stage for a gameplay demo at E3.

Consider me happy!

So I'm watching the video for Second Son and one of the developers says... "Basically we asked ourselves 'What if Johnny Knoxville had powers?'"

WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST FUCKING SAY THAT AT THE PLAYSTATION MEETING EVENT INSTEAD OF SPOUTING ALL THAT BLOATED ANTI-AUTHORITARIANISM HORSESHIT! Geez, everyone would have been onboard instantly.

Kyoufu

So I'm watching the video for Second Son and one of the developers says... "Basically we asked ourselves 'What if Johnny Knoxville had powers?'"

WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST FUCKING SAY THAT AT THE PLAYSTATION MEETING EVENT INSTEAD OF SPOUTING ALL THAT BLOATED ANTI-AUTHORITARIANISM HORSESHIT! Geez, everyone would have been onboard instantly.

Yeah. Worst presentation ever.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
One interesting tidbit - as well as first parties, Sony went to Bungie for feedback on the controller design. Their requests were for concave analog sticks and a more substantial feel.

Notes the journalist makes from holding it:

- the sticks have stiffer resistance, as already advertised by Sony
- thumbs no longer 'bump in the middle' if you lean them to the center
- there's a ridge at the end of the triggers to prevent fingers slipping off
- he suggests one additional reason Sony kept the symmetrical sticks was so that access to the touchpad wouldn't result in unintentional movement to the left analog stick

Shikoro

Holy shit, I can't believe that SO MANY of you people think that Seattle footage is real life. o_O

Look a bit closer to the reflections: the boat for one isn't reflected which is the most obvious one, the buildings reflect further into the water than what their real height is and so on...

Just goes to show how easy it is to fool you people. And how good the graphics will be. :)

Holy shit, I can't believe that SO MANY of you people think that Seattle footage is real life. o_O

Look a bit closer to the reflections: the boat for one isn't reflected which is the most obvious one, the buildings reflect further into the water than what their real height is and so on...

Just goes to show how easy it is to fool you people. And how good the graphics will be. :)

#Team CGI

ifqvcafxGF1bG.gif

#TeamReal

#TeamReal indeed. I've always been wrong though so... prove me wrong!

And miss that face reaction?

Top Bottom