• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Cover Month

Doom85

Is Peter still gone because I remember him coming back after the whole Doc Ock stealing his mind ordeal. But I mean, I can't say I personally care (see post 26 where I explain why main comic verse Peter doesn't really matter to me anymore). A quick check on Wikipedia confirmed that "Odinson" is basically the primary Thor again, he doesn't have the hammer but is learning to be just as badass without it (Ragnarok and Avengers 3 and 4 basically did the same thing). And well okay if you think Carol sucks then yeah, there shouldn't be a problem with Kamala taking that mantle, I personally find her book more interesting than anything I've read with Carol who came off as okay at best depending on the writer.

But regardless, nobody got "replaced" in Green Lantern, that's my point. Heck, considering what they did to Hal right before he died and Kyle became GL, you'd think the successors of today would be facing less controversy. I'll be upset if they have Peter, Tony, etc. go nuts and murder tons of innocent people while calling themselves Parallax. Until then, I really don't see anything to complain about.

Also, eh, Wolverine dying might have been a bad comic (didn't read it myself), but it did inspire the best Xmen-verse movie yet so whatever, he'll be back soon in the comics anyway if he hasn't already.

BTHR Zero X

While I am seeing Marvel Characters I am yet to get the feeling of MUA, they whole locked off arena thing, the amount of enemies at once, moves being to similar. It looks more like a Musou in a way then a diablo style game.

Is Peter still gone because I remember him coming back after the whole Doc Ock stealing his mind ordeal.
After Superior Spider-man came Spider-verse, then Worldwide. So Peter came back, went to a bunch of parallel universes, then left New York in Morales' care to travel the world as a rich tech entrepreneur. Don't know what happened after that, but they really need to stop trying to make Morales a thing. He worked in his own pocket universe where his stories could have permanence and resonate for dozens, if not hundreds of issues. But in the main Marvel universe, he just becomes another Spider-man because he is riding off the permanence and resonance of 60 years of Peter Parker stories.

But regardless, nobody got "replaced" in Green Lantern, that's my point. Heck, considering what they did to Hal right before he died and Kyle became GL, you'd think the successors of today would be facing less controversy. I'll be upset if they have Peter, Tony, etc. go nuts and murder tons of innocent people while calling themselves Parallax. Until then, I really don't see anything to complain about.
They did Hal dirty, sure, but through some amazing ass pulls, Geoff Johns managed to bring him back. Some of it was like "huh? Really?" but at the same time, I give a little leeway to unwriting bad decisions.

Also, eh, Wolverine dying might have been a bad comic (didn't read it myself), but it did inspire the best Xmen-verse movie yet so whatever, he'll be back soon in the comics anyway if he hasn't already.
Being the best Xmen-verse movie is such an amazingly low hurdle that you can trip into first place.

oagboghi2

I’ve been out of the comic scene for awhile, but are Ms. Marvel, Spider-Gwen, and Miles Morales popular characters? The initial character reveals seem weird to me. Why not Captain America, Iron Man, or Wolverine?
Define popular?

Their sales are awful, but they are the highest performing of the new "modern, hip" revisions Marvel has introduced. I'm sure the movie probably helped as well.

I think of them like Robin and Batgirl to Peter Parker's Batman.

Wolverine has been back for at least a year now I think. He is a Marvel cash cow, so he couldn't stay dead forever. Also he has a new...*lol* power. His claws get all hot and glowy when he doesn't have eat a snickers and gets REAL angry.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I bought comics every week between 2011 and 2015, I love Marvel comics. The reason I stopped buying them was because I was spending almost $100 a fortnight. Plus I was spending money on other hobbies. I didn't just buy Marvel, I bought DC and Image comics too.
Currently I have a Marvel subscription and I'm reading from the very beginning, using a reading order.

Showing Miles Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen and Kamala Khan is perfectly fine for promotional reasons. They are aimed at the younger demographic. My problem is the game is a massive change from the first 2. This is more like Dynasty Warriors. There is no character cast that could make me want to play this currently. bleh

Last edited:

kunonabi

I was planning on passing due to the roster but Morbius, Blade, Punisher, Colossus, and Cyclops are really tempting. Is it true the game has no alternate costumes?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The DLC bullshit and the game playing more like a musuo is a huge turn off. I like Psylocke but not this much.

Arachnid

I was planning on passing due to the roster but Morbius, Blade, Punisher, Colossus, and Cyclops are really tempting. Is it true the game has no alternate costumes?
So far, all the alternate costumes are trashy reskins of the base costumes (grey hulk as alternative to Green for example; remember Scarlet Spider, Iron Spider, and the Symbiote costume in 1?). In that regard, Ultimate Alliance 1, this ain't.

Here's Widow and Marvel's alternate costumes too (straight up reskins):

Also, metacritic has this at a 73 so far. Kind of rough.

kunonabi

So far, all the alternate costumes are trashy reskins of the base costumes (grey hulk as alternative to Green for example; remember Scarlet Spider, Iron Spider, and the Symbiote costume in 1?). In that regard, Ultimate Alliance 1, this ain't.

Here's Widow and Marvel's alternate costumes too (straight up reskins):

Also, metacritic has this at a 73 so far. Kind of rough.

Score doesnt bother me but reskins suck. My other concern is the story mode because I give 0 shits about Miles, Spider-Gwen, or Kamala.

wzy

Phone game is not a bad characterization, honestly. I've played the game for three hours or so and it's fucking terrible.

Top Bottom