• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Scores

Featured Game: Need for Speed Carbon

Shit tons of previews.. Great issue go out and buy it. E3 coverage that spans over 100ish pages. Ranks 50 hottest E3 games.

E3 Scores
Nintendo - A-
MS - A
Sony - C+

Scores:
GOTM: New Super Mario Bros.
PCGOTM: Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends

X-Men: The Official Game: 4 / SO 5
Urban Chaos: Riot Response: 7.75 / SO 7.5
The Da Vinci Code: 6 / SO 6
Gallop Racer 2006: 6.75
Sreet Fighter Alpha Anthology: 7.5
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja: 6.5
Table Tennis: 8 / SO 7.25
Moto GP '06: 8.75
Hitman: Blood Money: 7.75
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends - 9.5 / SO 9.5 (PCGOTM)
SiN Episodes: Emergence: - 7.75 / SO 7
Paradise: 5.25
Darwinia: 7.5
Heroes of Might & Magic V: 8.25 / SO 7.5
New Super Mario Bros: 9.25 / SO 9.25 (GOTM)
Tomb Raider: Legend (PSP): 8.25 / 8
The Legend of Heroes II: 6
Lemmings: 7.25

Loose Talk
Wii no price at E3 because the vertical sensor isnt finished on the controller. Company doesnt have known price for system until this is known. Also some peripheral for racing game that would make them easier to handle being considered.

Jurassic Park logo spotted on a monitor in a meeting room behind closed doors at E3 booth. Movie on marketplace download? questions questions.

EA is making System Shock 3 since they have rights to the name. Godfather team is making it.

Kutargi's chose the games shown at E3 himself and he chose the developers that were close and tight with him and not the good shit.

PS3 losing exclusives: GI hears Assasins Creed and Mercenaries 2 will be announced for 360.

Ashodin

System Shock 3?? LOL Godfather team?? Sorry kids but everyone knows BioShock is where it's gonna be at.

System Shock 3 is gonna blow, I can smell it. Whenever developers switch for a new sequel, the game usually blows big ones.

GOTM: New Super Mario Bros.

QFT

Mooreberg

EA is making System Shock 3 since they have rights to the name. Godfather team is making it.

dear god

Whenever developers switch for a new sequel, the game usually blows big ones.

SS and SS2 were done by two different teams, but this is more of an obvious case of EA using a dormant IP now that the real deal (bioshock) has grabbed people's interest.

Can they bring back Road Rash and have it developed by Criterion while they are at?

Ashodin

Table Tennis: 8 / SO 7.25
FINALLY someone who reviews Table Tennis lower than an 8. I swear to god I do not see the appeal of this game - everyone knows how stripped down it is compared to other sports games, and people are just buying it because of Rockstar's name on the package.

To be fair, I know about the "SWEETHOTNESS" that is the online multiplayer, but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. If you've got nothing to do this summer but play online multiplayer TABLE TENNIS, then you need to find one of those games you've been neglecting in your collection.

Sorry to get a little heated, but this has been rooting around in my brain for a while.

EDIT: What's the cover got on it? Please say Wii controller.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

First Shadowrun and now this...

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Maxrpg said:
FINALLY someone who reviews Table Tennis lower than an 8. I swear to god I do not see the appeal of this game - everyone knows how stripped down it is compared to other sports games, and people are just buying it because of Rockstar's name on the package.

To be fair, I know about the "SWEETHOTNESS" that is the online multiplayer, but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. If you've got nothing to do this summer but play online multiplayer TABLE TENNIS, then you need to find one of those games you've been neglecting in your collection.

Sorry to get a little heated, but this has been rooting around in my brain for a while.

Have you played it?

Ashodin

PS3 losing exclusives: GI hears Assasins Creed and Mercenaries 2 will be announced for 360.

Assassin's Creed is no biggie - we've known for a while now that it was on the 360 list as "Project Assassin" from Ubisoft and was announced at E3 for the PS3, but did not mention being exclusive. It was just plain obvious.

Speevy

Banned
Maxrpg said:

EDIT: What's the cover got on it? Please say Wii controller.

It's a content-starved package, but the game looks, sounds, and plays like a million bucks. Really. That's why it's been getting good scores.

DMczaf

EA doesn't use the System Shock license, people bitch.

EA finally uses it, and they still bitch.

:lol Go Internet Go!

E3 Scores
Nintendo - A-
MS - A
Sony - C+

Where is Nokia?! I SAW NGAGE AT E3 DAMN IT!

Ashodin

segatavis said:
Have you played it?

Yes I have played it. I really think the game is fun, and the controls are good, and all of that, but I'm sorry, controls do not make a good game. Content does, my friend. It's the same to be said of Yoshi's Touch and Go. Totally great control for the game, but it's so barebones that people avoid it like the plague. The only thing that saves Table Tennis IS online.

Speevy said:
It's a content-starved package, but the game looks, sounds, and plays like a million bucks. Really. That's why it's been getting good scores.

I understand that for the observer that the game looks awesome, but I know for a fact that people playing the game are watching the ball more than the graphics, because it's a competition - if your eyes wander off to watch the eye candy, you're gonna lose.

I've heard the music and sounds. They're very good, if they weren't I'm SURE the game would've gotten a lower score. The fact is that so much polish is put on the game while there's barely anything there the judges of the game just judge based on what's available, and not what should be there (Which is what they do for almost every other game, look at wrestling games or such where they notch down the review because of lack of "create a character").

That's why I'm happy to see a 7.25 review; there are people out there giving it the review scores it really deserves, none of these 8s and 8.5s.

Amir0x

Banned
PezRadar said:

Holy. ****ing. Shit. That is probably the worst decision I could even fathom for this franchise going forward.

PezRadar said:

No shit award of all the week

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I just dont get how Nintendo gets a lower overal E3 score than MS. MS did good, but not better than Nintendo did.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Mooreberg said:
dear god

SS and SS2 were done by two different teams, but this is more of an obvious case of EA using a dormant IP now that the real deal (bioshock) has grabbed people's interest.

Can they bring back Road Rash and have it developed by Criterion while they are at?

SS1 and SS2 were made by two teams, but more than half of the SS1 team was on the irrational SS2 team.

And the godfather team? Ugh. Didn't EA lay all of them off after Godfather finally shipped? This is going to be worse than Star Control 3.

Speevy

Banned
DrForester said:
I just dont get how Nintendo gets a lower overal E3 score than MS. MS did good, but not better than Nintendo did.

I think that if you're just scoring on consoles, MS did better than Nintendo. Of course, MS' show included Vista games too.

Calidor

Wii no price at E3 because the vertical sensor isnt finished on the controller. Company doesnt have known price for system until this is known. Also some peripheral for racing game that would make them easier to handle being considered.

any more info on this? what vertical sensor?

Amir0x

Banned
DrForester said:

Nintendo had a share of problems from announced E3 shit - very mediocre dev support, lots of the stuff that was 'playable' was only vague tech demos, and all the games except two looked VERY early and had crappy graphics (maybe because they were all still on Gamecube dev kits or something, who knows!). They also largely overlooked their 'virtual console' aspect of the system, despite demoing a few games, refusing to give many details. Despite this, much of what they had was very "fun" and was so different people couldn't help but smile. Innovation is great.

Microsoft wasn't perfect either - some of its most hyped games... like Crackdown, Too Human and Shadowrun didn't make a big splash or were outright unanimously slammed. However, on the whole... it had tons of 2nd generation games up and running and looking great, vibrant developer support with a huge amount of variety, and it also did all that while announcing the sort of awesome XBL support that's to die for. I'd say in terms of overall lineup and dearth of content, it's not shocking to me at all that many would prefer 360.

7Th

Assasins' Creed on 360 is the worst keeped secret in this industry along with the FFVII remake.

Ashodin

Amir0x said:
Holy. ****ing. Shit. That is probably the worst decision I could even fathom for this franchise going forward.

YOU AINT THE ONLY ONE

:(

Godfather team.. doing... System Shock 3...

The Shockfather

shockfather.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Emotions

DrForester said:

They probably scored the New consoles stuff and the E3 conferences and stuff. If we were to include DS & GBA Nintendo would have probably won. I'm not sure if they judged the whole package or just the Xbox360, Wii & PS3. Most likely the latter. It's pretty good for Nintendo getting an A- for just showing the Wii games for the first time and the playable demos.

Draft

Speevy said:
It requires a console whose fans REALLY love shooters.
i'm being dumb but I'm also kind of serious. Haven't the devs said multiple times, "we're using a whole SPU to do this" or, "we need the storage of BluRay to do that."

I dunno, AC was obviously always going to be multiplatform, but I had an inkling Mercenaries was going to be a true blue exclusive.

FiRez

Draft said:
but Mercenaries 2 requires the massive storage and physics only possible with Bluray and CELL?!?!?!?!

PS fans are going to know how it feels to be crippled because the competitors :D

Draft said:
i'm being dumb but I'm also kind of serious. Haven't the devs said multiple times, "we're using a whole SPU to do this" or, "we need the storage of BluRay to do that."

They've never said either, but they're using the SPU and the BR thing is rumored. It's being designed around the PS3. But it never meant that they couldn't port it, any game can be ported it just means that there's a possiblity that there's going to be a difference between the versions.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
but how are they going to mimic the motion sensing technology in the ps3 on the x360? mind boggling, it is.

Ashodin

All that Vertical Sensor questions

Don't you guys know? The Wii had a problem detecting where YOU were to calibrate the sensor just right. (Meaning, it configured for a certain spot, then if you moved out of range, it would mess up.)

This is what I am assuming the "vertical sensor" is. The problem was that people would be too tall or too short to register efficiently on the Wii TV Sensor. This "vertical sensor" in the Controller would send data back to the Wii to recalibrate should you move to another location or the Wii controller goes out of range.

Mrbob

Assassins and Mercs 2 on 360 make me happy.

Amir0x said:
Nintendo had a share of problems from announced E3 shit - very mediocre dev support, lots of the stuff that was 'playable' was only vague tech demos, and all the games except two looked VERY early and had crappy graphics (maybe because they were all still on Gamecube dev kits or something, who knows!). They also largely overlooked their 'virtual console' aspect of the system, despite demoing a few games, refusing to give many details. Despite this, much of what they had was very "fun" and was so different people couldn't help but smile. Innovation is great.

Microsoft wasn't perfect either - some of its most hyped games... like Crackdown, Too Human and Shadowrun didn't make a big splash or were outright unanimously slammed. However, on the whole... it had tons of 2nd generation games up and running and looking great, vibrant developer support with a huge amount of variety, and it also did all that while announcing the sort of awesome XBL support that's to die for. I'd say in terms of overall lineup and dearth of content, it's not shocking to me at all that many would prefer 360.

Crackdown made a couple top lists. Game was demoed and impressed many people. Don't bring Crackdown down with the rest, get that shit outta here. ;)

Speevy

Banned
There's no indication that the 360 is incapable of physics, or at least those that would simulate a building exploding or whatever (like the original Mercenaries). This game is just being made for the PS3. Looking at the game, I don't think disc size will be a major issue either.

Amir0x

Banned
Mrbob said:
Crackdown made a couple top lists. Game was demoed and impressed many people. Don't bring Crackdown down with the rest, get that shit outta here. ;)

It was a piece of shit, it's ok Mrbob you can accept it.

Spike

PezRadar said:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do I have to kill to stop this from happening?!?!?!

Yay! Now I can hold off my PS3 purchase for awhile...

Amir0x said:
Nintendo had a share of problems from announced E3 shit - very mediocre dev support, lots of the stuff that was 'playable' was only vague tech demos, and all the games except two looked VERY early and had crappy graphics (maybe because they were all still on Gamecube dev kits or something, who knows!).
Where do you get the idea that most of the stuff playable was vague tech demos , by the way?

Top Bottom