• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Scores

Ashodin

YEAH

I should've said "controls don't make up for the lack of content." That's what I should've said. Yeah.

LET'S GET CRUNK

bitwise

Banned
>>Kutargi's chose the games shown at E3 himself and he chose the developers that were close and tight with him and not the good shit.

haha, what a fricken lie. giyou have no shame.

Amir0x

Banned
Billy Rygar said:
Where do you get the idea that most of the stuff playable was vague tech demos , by the way?

Stuff like Wii Obstacle, Duckhunt, even Wii Music were just tech demos; stuff that shows off unique aspects of the controller and how it works in certain specific genres or scenarios.

Mrbob

Amir0x said:
that has to do with piece of shit companies, not piece of shit games

reggie_shrug.jpg

Amir0x said:
Stuff like Wii Obstacle, Duckhunt, even Wii Music were just tech demos; stuff that shows off unique aspects of the controller and how it works in certain specific genres or scenarios.
There were three tech demos out of 27 playable games on the floor. That doesn't quite mean "alot." And Wii music wasn't a tech demo by the standards of what a tech demo actually is.

Amir0x

Banned
Billy Rygar said:
There were three tech demos out of 27 playable games on the floor. That doesn't quite mean "alot." And Wii music wasn't a tech demo by the standards of what a tech demo actually is.

It's a tech demo. It was created specifically for E3 to show off what kind of things you could do in the music genre; click the link, even IGN confirms it.

Also, there were more - The Ping Pong demo, for instance - I was just giving you an overview.

Ashodin

Amir0x said:

Still, that's only a COUPLE of games. There were 27 "games" including those you said playable on the showfloor, which means the MAJORITY were games themselves.

snatches

PezRadar said:
Featured Game: Need for Speed Carbon

Shit tons of previews.. Great issue go out and buy it. E3 coverage that spans over 100ish pages. Ranks 50 hottest E3 games.

E3 Scores
Nintendo - A-
MS - A
Sony - C+

B-? NAW DOG, THAT'S A ****IN C+

Who's got the money hats now EGM......

Amir0x

Banned
Maxrpg said:
Still, that's only a COUPLE of games. There were 27 "games" including those you said playable on the showfloor, which means the MAJORITY were games themselves.

Oh, sure, saying "most" was clearly the wrong word to use here. It was still a significant chunk of the 27 games, at least 6.

However, I was more trying to give an overview of the STATE of most of the games - SUPER early, finicky at times with the sensor, still on Gamecube kits, barely approximating what they'll probably be in their final conditions imo.

Razoric

Banned
Amir0x said:
Oh, sure, saying "most" was clearly the wrong word to use here. It was still a significant chunk of the 27 games, at least 6.

So yeah you win... out of 27 games at E3 "only" 21 of them were not tech demos. WTF was your point again?

Amir0x

Banned
Razoric said:
So yeah you win... out of 27 games at E3 "only" 21 of them were not tech demos. WTF was your point again?

"However, I was more trying to give an overview of the STATE of most of the games - SUPER early, finicky at times with the sensor, still on Gamecube kits, barely approximating what they'll probably be in their final conditions imo."

Re: point - That, uh, Nintendo's showing had its fair share of weaknesses v. 360, which had a fully functioning line up and billions of times better developer support.

Edit2: Not only that, some of the '27' games that were counted? They were just the virtual console titles up for display.

snatches

DMczaf said:
EA doesn't use the System Shock license, people bitch.

EA finally uses it, and they still bitch.

:lol Go Internet Go!

Ya cuz The Godfather was awesome and faithful to it's source material/LAWL

DMczaf EA damage control total

Norse

PezRadar said:
E3 Scores
Nintendo - A-
MS - A
Sony - C+

****in right doggie....eat that EGM. Least 1 magazine out there had the balls to tell it like it is....EGM podcast was so frickin painful to listen to this past week....nothing but spin on why they gave the BS- to ps3. oooh...its not fair to judge ps3 launch titles against 2nd gen x360 games...boo hoo hoo.....next thing you know they will rate xbox games lower cause it came out yr after ps2....oh yeah they already did that...will they do the same to ps3? I bet they dont.

White Man

EA is making System Shock 3 since they have rights to the name. Godfather team is making it.

Jesus Christ. Maybe if EA had, you know, promoted SS2 LOOKING GLASS WOULD STILL BE AROUND. I HATE YOU EA!!!!

kenta

Has no PEINS
PezRadar said:
Kutargi's chose the games shown at E3 himself and he chose the developers that were close and tight with him and not the good shit.
The title "Father of the PlayStation" suits Kutaragi too well.

It's like he's saying, "I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it!"

Amir0x

Banned
Norse said:
****in right doggie....eat that EGM. Least 1 magazine out there had the balls to tell it like it is....EGM podcast was so frickin painful to listen to this past week....nothing but spin on why they gave the BS- to ps3. oooh...its not fair to judge ps3 launch titles against 2nd gen x360 games...boo hoo hoo.....next thing you know they will rate xbox games lower cause it came out yr after ps2....oh yeah they already did that...will they do the same to ps3? I bet they dont.

BrainCellFamilyGuy.jpg

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Kutargi's chose the games shown at E3 himself and he chose the developers that were close and tight with him and not the good shit.

I don't know if I should trust that. That doesn't sound right at all. You are supposed to put your best foot forward.

Mrbob

Rhindle said:
Have you read it lately? Game Informer is the only magazine worth a paid subscription nowadays.

Fixed it for you. :D

GI has come a long way. No other magazine is really worth a paid subscription on a consistent basis than GI. They nail a ton of exclusives, whereas other mags just offer regurgitated month old internet info and previews for the most part.

Hemmdog

In regards to the cover....all the stuff in grey is actually a fifth color so its more like a shiny silver, which isnt possible to recreate in a jpeg.

ghostmind

GI is the only gaming mag I actually pay for... they have been superior to every other multiplatform mag in the past couple years*

*if you ignore their Paper Mario review...

Speevy

Banned
The reviews in all of these mags are garbage. I've never seen anyone comment "Man, that was a good review in the latest Game Informer."

But the exclusives are great.

Gigglepoo

Amir0x said:

However, I was more trying to give an overview of the STATE of most of the games - SUPER early, finicky at times with the sensor, still on Gamecube kits, barely approximating what they'll probably be in their final conditions imo.

I'll back you up on this. The Wii was incredible, but you can't ignore stuff like Monkey Ball (ugh), Tony Hawk, Red Steal, that horse game, and that horror game. Heck, even Elebits felt like a tech demo. Most of the stuff in the booth was fun and showed promise, but these were early games. MS had a much more solid show, with many real games you could actually imagine buying.

ZeoVGM

Banned
PezRadar said:
Nintendo - A-
MS - A
Sony - C+

props to them for doing what EGM couldn't do: give sony the score they deserved. though Nintendo had a better E3 if you're talking about Wii + DS vs. 360, but cant really argue an A and A- lol

erikevrhrd

The same way PS3 is losing exclusives like GTA4, Assasin's Creed, and Mercenaries 2 to X360, will we hear that PS3 is also losing exclusive to Wii since it is cheaper to develop for and there's more interest in that console in Japan?

i'd like to know what MS got as grades last year at E3. I think sony had a much better first e3, for playable next-gen games, and they're getting C's and shit.

Aryuken

Banned
EA is making system shock 3? lol

Well we allways have BioShock. The E3 scores are spot on, kinda, i think Nintendo should have got the same score that MS got, but alas, hurray for opinions.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
ghostmind said:
GI is the only gaming mag I actually pay for... they have been superior to every other multiplatform mag in the past couple years*

*if you ignore their Paper Mario review...

an indiscretion that i could not let pass

cancelled subscription ftw

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Agent Icebeezy said:
It looks like Toyko Xtreme Racer. I bet this will be fun though. I'm going to get it.

**** that's the first thing I thought. I kinda like the movie too.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
erikevrhrd said:
The same way PS3 is losing exclusives like GTA4, Assasin's Creed, and Mercenaries 2 to X360, will we hear that PS3 is also losing exclusive to Wii since it is cheaper to develop for and there's more interest in that console in Japan?

So when was Assasin's Creed and Merc 2 ever exclusive to the PS3????

Gigglepoo

beelzebozo said:
an indiscretion that i could not let pass

cancelled subscription ftw

I agreed with their Paper Mario score and I'm a huge Nintendo fan. I'd rather they express their opinion than flat out lie to me. EGM, I'm looking at your "It's Co-Op!" review of Viewtiful Joe 2 here.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
EA would make more if they brought in Lord British and made a proper Utlima. Ultima 9 still sits wrong with me to this day. The Avatar deserves so much better.

Gigglepoo

Agent Icebeezy said:
EA would make more if they brought in Lord British and made a proper Utlima. Ultima 9 still sits wrong with me to this day. The Avatar deserves so much better.

What!? Lord Brittish? He ain't coming back. Check out Lineage sometime.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Gigglepoo said:
I agreed with their Paper Mario score and I'm a huge Nintendo fan. I'd rather they express their opinion than flat out lie to me. EGM, I'm looking at your "It's Co-Op!" review of Viewtiful Joe 2 here.

It was just a signal to me that GI and I were on totally different wavelengths as far as taste in games is concerned.

"Its change of pace and maturity feels just right, the platforming is divine, and the action is something to be very happy about." - from GI's "PoP: Warrior Within" review, which received a 93.

yeahhhhhhhh.

shpankey

not an idiot
i agree with these e3 grades and game scores. thumbs up GI.

and the EGM e3 grades and scores were ****ing laughable.

Top Bottom