• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer's Guessable Cover: Elders Scrolls Online [Move to details thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a waste to develop this for current gen.
Should be a next gen launch title. MMO's on current hardware are flawed.
I want to see a next gen mmo, something that will look and run as smooth as a single player skyrim game.

Kusagari

Day one if it's free to play.

1279049210_99_FT41967_george_takei_lols.gif

Good luck with that.

Ketch

They're expecting to hire hundreds of support reps...this is most likely an MMO.

Yea =( and all this talk about not using Gamebryo and not actually being developed by Bethesda... sounds like it's shaping up to be an Elder Scrolls game in name only.. not "what fans have been waiting for".. Obviously, need to wait for more solid info to make a purchasing decision, but for now my raging boner has turned into a soggy nightcrawler on the asphalt... waiting to be squished.

Edit:
I suggest you to click on the link in the OP.
Yea, I jumped to conclusions about people jumping to conclusions... recipe for disaster post.

ArjanN

Guess GI exclusive delivered, even if I have no interest in an MMO.

No information on how it plays at all, people saying they won't touch it with a 10ft pole.

Fh3ro.gif

Well, it's an MMO. That's probably enough info for a lot of people not to play it. Like me.

kyubajin

Still waiting on a price-drop or GOTY edition for PS3 Skyrim so I guess I'll contemplate how this develops from the distance.

Kozak

Banned
I would really appreciate if they handled this different to most MMOs.

A lobby system in which you can join certain parties in different quests would be nice. I'm not all for the "pack tens of thousands of players into one world". Really takes a lot away from the experience if you ask me.

nowai

trollolololol I'm a sucker for Bethesda games, but I'd bet that combat will be even worse than normal TES games.

Izick

Not going to judge at least until we get some previews and a video of the gameplay.

I'm curious to see how they handle combat more than anything. Are they going to be able to keep the traditional FPS (or third person) real-time combat in there?

Ramblin

Banned
Meh. Would have much preferred just online co-op in a traditional elder scrolls game. They'll have to nerf things so much in order to create an mmo, it probably won't even be recognizable as an elder scrolls game aside from lore and setting.

Would have been nice, but they'd rather have monthly fees.

Boss Man

R.I.P. WoW, it was a good run.

I have serious doubts about how good the combat is going to be considering that even the single player TES games are kinda dull in that aspect, but if they pull it off I will be there Day 1 regardless of whether I want to be or not.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
They can't make 1 singleplayer game run properly and people will expect this to run any better? I expect the servers crashing and people flying and random things happening within the first 5 mins going on the game.

Riposte

Elder Scroll games, especially Skyrim, are already built like a MMO (which is why Skyrim isn't a good game) so the transition should be very easy.

OMG DAY ONE!!! This will be my first MMO!

The single player Elder Scrolls series will continue, rest assured.

I hope so. I mean, I'm interested in the idea of an MMO, even though I hate every one I play, I like the thought of online TES. That said, I don't want it to be like TOR, where they just ruined all chances of a KOTOR 3. If there is a dev that says TES:O is like TES VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X, I will barf. Twice.

Weak power

Low RAM

Strict online rules set by sony and MS

There's been several MMOs on PS3 and 360 already.

Well, several on PS3, 2 on 360. Weak power and low ram is nonsesne... only very few MMOs actually push a pc to the max and most mmos are developed to run across a vast numer of machines, slow and fast.

I think the main issue is just that the market isn't there.

Oh god this will totally launch with a monthly fee. No matter how much even the most idiotic dumb person who is also stupid knows that it's a bad idea, they'll still think they're special and can pull it off, never mind the everyone failing before them.

So...first person? That could be cool. I'm also hoping that this will skew more towards Guild Wars than WoW, because that would give this a chance of actually being a good online Elder Scrolls game, instead of a generic as shitty fantasy game that's only called ES because money.

Maaseru

Banned
If they make it a full fledged MMO I fear its gonna end up being another WoW clone or something like that. Why don;t they just take the game they have, Skyrim, add the other lands from the other games and add some kind of mild online component. More like a Phantasy Star or Dark Souls rather than a Wow or SWTOR.

And for the people complaining that this games does not lend itself to the MMO genre, really? All those fetch quest, that log that never end, mission similarity etc etc. No other game, except Pokemon, lends itself better to the genre. As long as they make a real Elder Scrolls online experience not some basic MMO clone.

Woorloog

Banned
When is Warcraft IV being released again? Oh, right. Soon after KOTOR III drops.

4-6 years after Starcraft 2's final expanion is done, i'd say. Don't think Blizzard has two RTS teams. Besides, Starcraft 2 is done by 2014 earliest i think... add 4-6 years to that, ie 2018-2020, by then, WoW will be left to rot more or less as Blizzard will have their Titan MMO out. So, a good time for Warcraft IV.

As for KOTOR III, it ain't coming. That's it.

And for the people complaining that this games does not lend itself to the MMO genre, really?

Cool bit about the ES games is your impact on the world. In other MMOs bosses you kill will reset after a minute.

Another cool bit about the ES games is the huge open world that you can freely explore from the start of the game. Other MMOs put you in a starting town where you have to grind a dozen levels before you're given access to a new city. But then if you walk too far in that new city you'll find you're in way over your head and monsters kill you in one hit so you should go back and grind in that second city for another week.

People saying that Elder Scrolls doesn't easily lend itself to the MMO genre are right.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I dunno, I love the world and lore of the ES series. This could be interesting. Definitely gotta get this mag and read up on it.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Please be first person, Please be first person, Please be first person, Please be first person, Please be first person, Please be first person,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom