• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Journalist Refuse To Review Shadowrun Attitude because it has a Sexy Woman On The Cover, Gets Mocked By Female Gamers On Twitter

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This is 100% real.

This is the state of our world right now.
Correction: This state of current western gaming culture.

So....does that mean reviewers might not review Catherine Full Body because sexy cover?
Catherine-Full-Body-Box-Art-Vita-696x885.jpg

Fake

Correction: This state of current western gaming culture.

So....does that mean reviewers might not review Catherine Full Body because sexy cover?
Catherine-Full-Body-Box-Art-Vita-696x885.jpg
Well, happens with Dragon's Crown remember? The art box of Dragon's Crown get a rework after some jornalist whining about.
Or at least get awful reviews. And if I remember right fans of Catherine became very mad because of some censorship in this new version.
Unfortunately Atlus suffers in those journalist's hand.

edit: Still trying to find the old Dragon's Crown PRO artbox. They edit the Amazon butt.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Hey, find for you.

N935Pt2c95PsRcQGmv_KKmdpHmOczSR-tssYj1T-_Rc.png

I was a era member when they made a thread asking for the censorship.
such pointless censoring, even with the censored cover, if that someone not in to "sexy" design they still wouldn't pick this up.

Sorne

Aaaaaand of course he's related to PCGamer. Amateur site.

EDIT: Wait, is his twitter bio just stating that he IS a PC Gamer, or that he works for/with PCGamer? Either way, I still stand by my statement lol.

Last edited:

xGreir

Hey, find for you.

N935Pt2c95PsRcQGmv_KKmdpHmOczSR-tssYj1T-_Rc.png

I was a era member when they made a thread asking for the censorship.

shAME!11!!1

Didn't know this, still completing the game just pushing some fine Amazon Ass into the enemies faces :messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

Danjin44

It's not that he doesn't want to review it that annoyed me. It's the part where he thinks he's that powerful or influential, it's in his hands to kill it off. Snap out of it, you're a nobody.
Most cases thats their biggest motivation, they are actively looking for to be offended and they want to be treated as "victim" so they can be popular and influential.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Tbf this is probably the highest engagement he has ever got to his tweets. Which is why this virtue signaling bullshit is going through the roof. Some people will hate it, some people will like it, everybody will comment on it and share it.

But what an absolute state of low testosterone that guy is in, getting triggered by a very benign box art to the point his brain blocks all memories of scantily clad men on game covers from existence 🤣

TheJoe

Banned
To be fair, you sound like a pussy.

Nice critiscism

The art reminds me of a low effort version of dime store pulp novels you would see lined up near the check out

14356854733_4217aa9f81_o.jpg

but they were trying make it look like Frank Frazetta's art work

71Uh46xH1fL._SY679_.jpg

And the color scheme and perspective clash horribly.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Aaaaaand of course he's related to PCGamer. Amateur site.

EDIT: Wait, is his twitter bio just stating that he IS a PC Gamer, or that he works for/with PCGamer? Either way, I still stand by my statement lol.

Seems there's a pool of about 20 freelancers working for all the various woke game sites these days and they're largely interchangeable.

A funny thing, John Walker was telling the story of how RPS was formed as he left and one of the things that led to it was the early days of magazines getting pissy if freelancers worked for multiple publications, and I can understand the frustration of that, after all people need to eat. It wouldn't have been such a problem then of course because they didn't rely quite so heavily on freelancers but what has happened as a result of the freelancer merry go round is that publications have lost the uniqueness of their voices, a product of overreliance on freelancers and of those freelancers not sticking to one publication. I won't get anything particularly different in any of them because it's the same people writing in all of them.

Saber

Gold Member
Oh man Cyberpunk is going to cause a LOT of problems when that comes out won’t it? It’s already been attacked several times.

They better look who they're trying to make happy. Because this gonna backfire badly, knowing Era.

Pallas

I guess it’s his right not to review it but it’s also our right not to click any shit written by him.

Personally I think it’s pretty silly reason not to review a game, especially since journalists(let’s be real gaming journalism for the most part, is a fucking joke these days) are suppose to be unbiased and deliver the goods to the readers. I wonder what games he’s reviewed previously.

rolandss

this is what happens when half your life’s meaning comes from the kudos and back patting you think you’ll get on Twitter by taking meaningless stands on things.

This has got to be a joke. People wonder why I don’t take gaming journalists serious anymore. I honestly don’t even pay attention to them anymore because they care more about politics than gaming which is very unfair to the developers and gamers.

Last edited:

sn0man

Okay? I mean, I guess it's silly, but the dude isn't saying the game shouldn't be made or anything like that, he just doesn't want to review himself for that. For fuck's sake, is that really even an issue? James Rolfe didn't want to review the Ghostbusters reboot, and while I felt one shouldn't judge a movie until they've actually seen it, I still respect his right to feel that way. Same thing here even if I feel the reviewer is being a bit silly.

Also, if he's admitting that he likely couldn't give a fair review to the game due to this, then wouldn't actually not reviewing the game be the better option over giving a review that will likely be biased against the game from the get-go? You know, just saying.

Replying to this message but I’ve read a few of your other posts in this thread. I really appreciate the nuances and generally agree with your sentiments.

DryPancakes

Banned
Okay? I mean, I guess it's silly, but the dude isn't saying the game shouldn't be made or anything like that,

He did say "There really isn't any excuse for this kind of bullshit on game boxes any more", so yes, he is clearly saying this shouldn't be made anymore, of course he is not saying the game shouldn't be made, because he doesn't even know what the game is like.

thequestion

Something seriously wrong is happening to a large portion of the people in the western world. It really feels like we are living inside the film: “Invasion of the body snatchers.” Straight men who behave like this “Journalist”, is down right terrifying. Was the government doing secret experiments to pregnant woman like in X-Files?

Top Bottom