• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjboi

So many people don't like it. If you really hate it, why keep watching? And enough with the time jumps. We have been over this, they gave that up seasons ago. Those tweets have been showed here five times already. I really like it so far.

(Anecdote incoming) This episode has the biggest disconnect I've seen so far between my friends/family/co-workers, who loved it, and this message board, where there seems to be an overwhelming negative reaction.

Melon Husk

I'm sure nothing negative will happen while Jon is away 🙉🙈

Cmon You Ron, why you have to be so cheesy?

I thought that Theon might jump, then I thought it wouldn't make any narrative sense.
I thought he'd bend the knee... and the he bailed. The payoff better be worth it.

It's cute how they're throwing Cersei these early, convenient wins to make it seem like she ain't completely screwed.

Isn't Cersei GRRM's favorite character? I'm going by something I heard when I was drunk and the source wasn't reliable so don't get mad if this isn't true lol but I always thought this made some kind of sense. Danny is probably the single biggest Mary Sue character in television history, Cersei is the likeable underdog. I like her odds.

Volimar

Don't know why people are giving Euron a hard time. He's been a master pirate for years and the most logical place to park his fleet would be between Dragonstone and Dorne because they'd have to sail by eventually. Yara's fleet is only as fast as its slowest ship. Plenty of time for a scout to get word to Euron that they were on the way. Euron knows Ironborn naval tactics all too well so he'd know where the command ship would be. Aside from all the swashbuckling action, most of how he directed that attack isn't a stretch.

Sephzilla

Littlefinger knows he's going to have to go into overdrive with manipulating Sansa while Jon is away. Everyone on #TeamDany knows to not buy into Littlefinger's shit plus someone mentioned yesterday that Varys is the only person who knows that Littlefinger betrayed Ned Stark. So basically Littlefinger is on a countdown timer.

effzee

I don't think anything happens to Cercei when she loses King's Landing. It will be right at that moment that the WW breach the wall and they all have to band together to fight the common enemy.

We will see an Avengers like shot of all her heroes and enemies together united all in.

I hate how nobody knows Little Finger betrayed Ned when he put a fucking knife to his throat in front of the entire room.

Like, don't you think that entire scene would be well known by all the witnesses that saw it?

Volimar

Littlefinger knows he's going to have to go into overdrive with manipulating Sansa while Jon is away. Everyone on #TeamDany knows to not buy into Littlefinger's shit plus someone mentioned yesterday that Varys is the only person who knows that Littlefinger betrayed Ned Stark. So basically Littlefinger is on a countdown timer.

Yep. Jon will give Tyrion Littlefinger's regards and Varys will spill all those beans.

a916

I'm surprised he hasn't outed him. Then again, I hated Varys initially because did he not play a part in that? I'd have to watch the first season again.

I hate how nobody knows Little Finger betrayed Ned when he put a fucking knife to his throat in front of the entire room.

Like, don't you think that entire scene would be well known by all the witnesses that saw it?

you would think

everything surrounding LF recently (and by recently I mean the past few seasons) has been dumb as fuck

I don't think anything happens to Cercei when she loses King's Landing. It will be right at that moment that the WW breach the wall and they all have to band together to fight the common enemy.

We will see an Avengers like shot of all her heroes and enemies together united all in.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you actually believe this, this ain't the MCU lol

Cersei doesn't give a shit about the WW and there's no way if the siege is successful that she keeps her head

Honestly why has nobody just stabbed the dude in the heart and get it over with.

Well, before he ruled the Veil.

Like, what exactly was his input/strategic value other than being a manipulative shit that everyone in the know knew not to trust?

Sephzilla

you would think

everything surrounding LF recently (and by recently I mean the past few seasons) has been dumb as fuck

Honestly I think Littlefinger betraying Ned Stark was something that went on the backburner because the politics regarding Ned Stark and how he died stopped being relevant a long time ago.

This season has been great so far and really enjoyed this episode!

As my earlier comments stated I was hoping for some acknowledgment on Myrcella's death and Tyrion did not disappoint! Love his line on it though my only complaints is it was so sudden and I'm wondering how/when he found out about her death. Love Danny's speech to Varys but it does make me worry a little bit for her, she's shown no real signs of being like the Mad King but I feel some of it might come to bite her later on.

Had to look away during the Sam/Jorah scenes as too much for my weak stomach but I love how Sam is doing what's right and breaking all the "Rules" and truly hope the treatment works for Jorah and neither are caught/punished for it.

D & D you took Ned, and Robb from me don't you DARE take away my Jon!!!! Not having good feelings about his trips to dragon stone considering every Stark* leader who goes south ends up losing their head and I don't think the lord of light can re-attach heads!

Can Littlefinger please go back to the Vale and piss off Robin and be "Made to Fly"? Pretty Please?

While I didn't care for the nudity (Kinda liked how the last few seasons toned it down compared to the first few) I loved the emotional scene between Grey Worm and Missandei. I've been hoping for them to be a couple forever now and it was adorable seeing Grey Worm flustered during his speech. You better not die in thee upcoming battle Grey Worm after all that or else!

Just like last week I really enjoyed the Arya scenes, her reuniting with Hot Pie was great! Also glad to see the continued effort to sway her away from being consumed with nothing but revenge. As much as I enjoyed her revenge on Walder Frey the last thing I want for her character is to be a ruthless killer only out for revenge.

Finally the battle at the end I didn't expect it to happen so sudden as it did I'm kinda glad it happened, as much as I'm team Danny and team Death to Cersei Danny is still an inexperienced leader when it comes to actual war and with how the odds looked so against Cersei I didn't want Danny to have an easy win. Hopefully what happened teaches Danny a lesson that ends up helping her win the war in the end, plus an easy rout of Cersei isn't fun TV! Next as much as I hate Cersei I AM rooting for her to get revenge on Ellaria for Myrcella, either by killing Tyene in front of her or some other way. That's about all the Cersei rooting I'll do though and hopefully Danny's unsullied can claim victory over Casterly rock to tie of the battle score. Theon better redeem himself someway or else I'll be wishing for him to be White walker food and hopefully Yara can somehow escape pirate Gaston's grasp as I like her and the show needs as many strong female characters as it can get!

Can't wait for next weeks episode!

so is varys realy just a good dude? Seems like he really just wants peace and progress for all people

I know dany is all about that too, (while still managing to be a ruthless and hardened queen) but their intentions feel like the most noble of all

I have to admit Littlefinger seems less interesting now that his intentions are known to be "friendzoned and poor"

effzee

This season has been great so far and really enjoyed this episode!

As my earlier comments stated I was hoping for some acknowledgment on Myrcella's death and Tyrion did not disappoint! Love his line on it though my only complaints is it was so sudden and I'm wondering how/when he found out about her death. Love Danny's speech to Varys but it does make me worry a little bit for her, she's shown no real signs of being like the Mad King but I feel some of it might come to bite her later on.

Had to look away during the Sam/Jorah scenes as too much for my weak stomach but I love how Sam is doing what's right and breaking all the "Rules" and truly hope the treatment works for Jorah and neither are caught/punished for it.

D & D you took Ned, and Robb from me don't you DARE take away my Jon!!!! Not having good feelings about his trips to dragon stone considering every Stark* leader who goes south ends up losing their head and I don't think the lord of light can re-attach heads!

Can Littlefinger please go back to the Vale and piss off Robin and be "Made to Fly"? Pretty Please?

While I didn't care for the nudity (Kinda liked how the last few seasons toned it down compared to the first few) I loved the emotional scene between Grey Worm and Missandei. I've been hoping for them to be a couple forever now and it was adorable seeing Grey Worm flustered during his speech. You better not die in thee upcoming battle Grey Worm after all that or else!

Just like last week I really enjoyed the Arya scenes, her reuniting with Hot Pie was great! Also glad to see the continued effort to sway her away from being consumed with nothing but revenge. As much as I enjoyed her revenge on Walder Frey the last thing I want for her character is to be a ruthless killer only out for revenge.

Finally the battle at the end I didn't expect it to happen so sudden as it did I'm kinda glad it happened, as much as I'm team Danny and team Death to Cersei Danny is still an inexperienced leader when it comes to actual war and with how the odds looked so against Cersei I didn't want Danny to have an easy win. Hopefully what happened teaches Danny a lesson that ends up helping her win the war in the end, plus an easy rout of Cersei isn't fun TV! Next as much as I hate Cersei I AM rooting for her to get revenge on Ellaria for Myrcella, either by killing Tyene in front of her or some other way. That's about all the Cersei rooting I'll do though and hopefully Danny's unsullied can claim victory over Casterly rock to tie of the battle score. Theon better redeem himself someway or else I'll be wishing for him to be White walker food and hopefully Yara can somehow escape pirate Gaston's grasp as I like her and the show needs as many strong female characters as it can get!

Can't wait for next weeks episode!

About the bold, all players seem to be well aware of events happening in the world. Cercei was recounting Danny's conquests when pleading with the Westeros houses to band together behind her.

OrionX

I'm sure nothing negative will happen while Jon is away 🙉🙈

LF: How you so beautiful tho?

Sansa: Shut up LF you're so annoying.

LF: And you're a way better leader than that bastard. Did I mention he's a bastard?

Sansa: Well, I...

LF: You should totes be Queen. Let's betray that bastard.

Sansa: Omg you're totes right let's do this.

effzee

so is varys realy just a good dude? Seems like he really just wants peace and progress for all people

I know dany is all about that too, (while still managing to be a ruthless and hardened queen) but their intentions feel like the most noble of all

I have to admit Littlefinger seems less interesting now that his intentions are known to be "friendzoned and poor"

Don't think those are his intentions at all. He wants the Irone Throne for himself and he will align himself with anyone to get to that end goal.

He sees Sansa as the Queen of Winterfell and if he hitches his wagon to her, plus the Vale behind him, he can eventually make a claim for the throne once all other players are dead.

But that (he using his private army to stop Ned) would be Littlefinger doing right by his oath to the king. The betrayal comes from him promising to side with Ned before and that's what people would really wouldn't know.

Don't think those are his intentions at all. He wants the Irone Throne for himself and he will align himself with anyone to get to that end goal.

He sees Sansa as the Queen of Winterfell and if he hitches his wagon to her, plus the Vale behind him, he can eventually make a claim for the throne once all other players are dead.

Varys, The bald eunoch

sangreal

everyone knows little finger betrayed Ned, why do people keep saying this?

Catelyn calls him out on it in Season 2

The temptation for Sansa is that deep down she agrees with Little Finger to a certain degree. She is already constantly fighting and disagreeing with Jon.

It's strikingly similar to Alliser Thorne being given second in command as a way to appease someone who constantly disagrees with you, hoping to gain their trust.

everyone knows little finger betrayed Ned, why do people keep saying this?

That's what I always assumed but people keep bringing it up like it's a secret.

also i remember reading after he was cast that Euron might have been played by James Purefoy of Marc Antony from Rome fame

that would have been perfect and so much better than what we got ;_;

ce2f8fb2e4baa5b8d4329b1dce69aea7.gif

f2hvxK.gif

this motherfucker was so charismatic I was thinking of making a LTTP thread when I watched the series a few months ago just because of him (and how it's a shame he hasn't been in a role as big since)

About the bold, all players seem to be well aware of events happening in the world. Cercei was recounting Danny's conquests when pleading with the Westeros houses to band together behind her.

Thanks! I know a lot in the earlier seasons there were scenes showing various leaders/people receiving Ravens with messages every time one major player did something but with how Tyrion killed Tywin and Cersei wanting him dead I just figured he'd less likely know about it. Varys has his little birds everywhere and I'm sure it could have been easy enough for him and Tyrion to have chatted offscreen while on the trip to Dragonstone so I'm probably just overthinking things.

Curufinwe

Jon wants to start a war between the North and the Vale when the army of the dead is almost upon them?

also i remember reading after he was cast that Euron might have been played by James Purefoy of Marc Antony from Rome fame

f2hvxK.gif

this motherfucker was so charismatic I was thinking of making a LTTP thread when I watched the series a few months ago just because of him (and how it's a shame he hasn't been in a role as big since)

No thanks.

sangreal

The temptation for Sansa is that deep down she agrees with Little Finger to a certain degree. She is already constantly fighting and disagreeing with Jon.

It's strikingly similar to Alliser Thorne being given second in command as a way to appease someone who constantly disagrees with you, hoping to gain their trust.

That's what I always assumed but people keep bringing it up like it's a secret.

people have short memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIwlfcKjnAQ

Speevy

Banned

f2hvxK.gif

As much as I agree, Purefoy deliberately chose not to be on this show. Caesar and Brutus are there.

As much as I agree, Purefoy deliberately chose not to be on this show. Caesar and Brutus are there.

I knew Vorenus didn't come back because he blames GoT for cancelling Rome early, but I didn't even realize Purefoy was approached/had the final say. That stings.

And yeah even though I saw GoT first I will now never not see Edmure as Brutus

I know by now it's been probably discussed to hell and back but I wasnt there to witness it. I'm deeply intrigued by the Unsullied's junk after seeing that love scene. Are they only missing the balls so they can still get it up? Are they missing everything? Did she got naked only so she can feel pleasure while he can't? Im intrigued

HvySky

If Littlefinger just talking about Sansa is enough for Jon to throw him against the wall and threaten to kill him, no way he'd still be breathing if Jon knew he betrayed Ned and basically sent him to his death.

I know by now it's been probably discussed to hell and back but I wasnt there to witness it. I'm deeply intrigued by the Unsullied's junk after seeing that love scene. Are they only missing the balls so they can still get it up? Are they missing everything? Did she got naked only so she can feel pleasure while he can't? Im intrigued

they're missing the whole thing

OrionX

Isn't Cersei GRRM's favorite character? I'm going by something I heard when I was drunk and the source wasn't reliable so don't get mad if this isn't true lol but I always thought this made some kind of sense. Danny is probably the single biggest Mary Sue character in television history, Cersei is the likeable underdog. I like her odds.

I love Cersei as a character but I've never considered her either of those things lol. And Dany may have been blessed with a shit ton of luck, but I don't consider her a perfect person, even though she tries/wants to be a good person. I feel like she's no more a "Mary Sue" than Jon is, at least. :p

Grey worm went down on her because of that I think

If Littlefinger just talking about Sansa is enough for Jon to throw him against the wall and threaten to kill him, no way he'd still be breathing if Jon knew he betrayed Ned and basically sent him to his death.

I wanted to see him kill LF as well, but who would be the ruler of the Vale then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom