• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HvySky

I know by now it's been probably discussed to hell and back but I wasnt there to witness it. I'm deeply intrigued by the Unsullied's junk after seeing that love scene. Are they only missing the balls so they can still get it up? Are they missing everything? Did she got naked only so she can feel pleasure while he can't? Im intrigued

"No pillar or stones"

He can do down all night long, though.

Sephzilla

If Sansa knows that Littlefinger betrayed Ned then that makes all of the complaining she's been doing about Jon's decisions really hypocritical in my opinion. She gets upset when Jon wants to make potentially questionable allies, yet she's the reason Littlefinger is still in Winterfell.

Isn't Cersei GRRM's favorite character? I'm going by something I heard when I was drunk and the source wasn't reliable so don't get mad if this isn't true lol but I always thought this made some kind of sense. Danny is probably the single biggest Mary Sue character in television history, Cersei is the likeable underdog. I like her odds.

Tyrion is his fave I believe..

and Cersei underdog? You been drinking too much of that Dornish wine breh?

HvySky

Isn't Cersei GRRM's favorite character? I'm going by something I heard when I was drunk and the source wasn't reliable so don't get mad if this isn't true lol but I always thought this made some kind of sense. Danny is probably the single biggest Mary Sue character in television history, Cersei is the likeable underdog. I like her odds.

*citation needed*

Oh right. How does one pee, tho?

Missandei is smokin' hot my goodness.

I'd look it up but something tells me I should maybe not while at work.

And you're goddamn right. Grey Worm is a lucky bastard.

Sephzilla

Cersei likable? Nah

I can buy into the idea that Cersei is an underdog right now though. The first episode of this season had a scene pretty much dedicated to spelling out that the odds are against her right now

Cersei is likeable? Really?

i mean she's not a good person but as an observer she can be fun to watch

CerseiSmug.gif

aBarreras

Cersei likable? Nah

I can buy into the idea that Cersei is an underdog right now though. The first episode of this season had a scene pretty much dedicated to spelling out that the odds are against her right now

i mean, "likeable" in the context of works of fiction is not the same as liking someone as a person.

she is a likeable character, even if she is rotten to the core

ammh Robyn?

or he dead?

I thought he died shortly after his mom but I could be wrong

is he the current ruler then and LF isn't?

if LF doesn't control the Vale then there's zero reason that he should have still been breathing after the battle of the bastards finished

oti

Banned
I hate Euron mostly for the fact that the actor hosted Eurovision once and made a bunch of bad jokes.

That and he killed the awesome lady in this episode.

Another point on my why I hate Euron list.

Maybe the books will explain it better but the show really makes it feel like things are just randomly being thrown in to help Cersei. Euron has been in all of three or four episodes now. Tarly has been in two. The magical dragon killer bow came out of nowhere. If she wins this war, I fully expect Qyburn to just randomly invent something that wipes out White Walkers for the next one.

Is it? Danny just threatened Varys with being incinerated by dragons if he betrayed her (aka: wasn't loyal).

HAHAHAHA, WHAT? do as i say or my dragons will kill you? is out of character? hahaha have we been watching the same show?

thats her whole schtick
Yeah, did her ever done that to a good man undeservedly? Jon didn't take slaves, nor killed innocent people nor betrayed Dany in any way.

In fact she did even offered redemption to much worse people.

Curufinwe

If Sansa knows that Littlefinger betrayed Ned then that makes all of the complaining she's been doing about Jon's decisions really hypocritical in my opinion. She gets upset when Jon wants to make potentially questionable allies, yet she's the reason Littlefinger is still in Winterfell.

You mean, she's the reason Winterfell is no longer held by the Boltons.

aBarreras

Yeah, did her ever done that to a good man undeservedly? Jon didn't take slaves, nor killed innocent people nor betrayed Dany in any way.

Jon is the king of the north, one of the seven kingdoms she wants to rule. they are in conflict as of now.

also she said something like, summon him to bent the knee, without even knowing him or his whole deal,

Sephzilla

In fact she did even offered redemption to much worse people.

Varys hasn't done anything wrong to her personally yet she still threatened him because the mere possibility of Varys betraying her existed. If Jon doesn't bend his knee to her she could totally see that as a personal offense to her.

I mean, in the letter she ravened to Jon she was already ordering him.

aBarreras

Varys hasn't done anything wrong to her personally yet she still threatened him because the mere possibility of Varys betraying her existed. If Jon doesn't bend his knee to her she could totally see that as a personal offense to her.

oh man, i just want jon to show them how a good ruler should be, and make her feel like fucking shit

I think Cersei is empathetic

Her whole story is being ruled by her sexist family, hiding her love for her brother, having her children die which has surely made her go mad, and holding on to what she has left

She's an evil character, but she shows she's human

Protein

Banned
I called the anti-dragon ballista a few pages back. I'll gladly accept my lordship now. They're just setting Dany up to lose this horribly aren't they?

Dany's fleet is in disarray if not already completed destroyed by that attack. Dorne is going to have to walk their asses hundreds of miles to king's landing which could take weeks or months. They'll be out of position by the time an impatient Dany and Lady "hurry-up-and-be-a-fucking-dragon" Olenna attack King's Landing. Without the Dornish, the Tyrells will probably be flanked by Lord Tarly.

Dany will probably bring her dragons straight into a volley of ballista arrows. Dead dragons means everyone is fucked. I have a feeling Cersei comes out on top of this somehow and the White Walkers just steamroll everyone in the end.

Jackpot

Banned
I thought Cat knew LF betrayed Ned? Didn't she says much when she threatened to kill him at Renley's camp?

edit: n/m, answered above

Gattsu25

Banned
Is he wrong about that?

I mean, I don't agree with his xenophobic comments. Not much else to it. He continues his heel turn after raping his sister a few seasons back.

I effectively compared him to Farage spouting #Brexit arguments so naturally I think he's going down an evil path.

Edit: Has this been shared yet? It's my favorite take on the episode so far:
Even though we've discussed how Game of Thrones teaches us everything we need to know about white America, breaking down the political and social metaphors embedded within each episode requires a keen eye and the ability to understand the language of literary analogy. The messages hidden beneath the layers of turmoil and conflict sometimes need decoding by a professional, which is why I am here to explain the nuanced meaning of what's going on in Westeros. But let's be honest—you didn't need me this week.

I'm pretty sure I can skip this week's explainer because even if your eyes had been plucked out by the three-eyed raven, you could still see that this week's episode was all about Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump. Titled ”Stormborn," episode 2 of the second season was basically a recap of the entire 2016 presidential election, set in the Seven Kingdoms and ...

Wait. Am I the only one who noticed this?
More at the source: http://thegrapevine.theroot.com/sundays-game-of-thrones-episode-was-all-about-hillary-c-1797191391

Sephzilla

I think Cersei is empathetic

Her whole story is being ruled by her sexist family, hiding her love for her brother, having her children die which has surely made her go mad, and holding on to what she has left

She's an evil character, but she shows she's human

Cersei's children being dead is completely Cersei's fault though.

I mean, No. I don't agree with his xenophobic comments. Not much else to it. He continues his heel turn after raping his sister a few seasons back.

the rape scene was easily in the top 5 worst scenes of the show

it was bad enough but then the fact that the creators had conflicting comments on whether it was meant to be rape or not (it fucking was) was weird as hell

never should have been in the show and jamie should have turned on cersei earlier

aBarreras

Lol. Im not cheering for her or anything, I just understand she's been treated like shit forever

I mean, her husband comes off like a drunk, lustful pig she was forced to marry

i mean, she was a awful persons since little, so i dont think marrying robert has anything to do with it

Lol. Im not cheering for her or anything, I just understand she's been treated like shit forever

I mean, her husband comes off like a drunk, lustful pig she was forced to marry

I'm saying you can't use her children dying as a sign of her empathy considering she indirectly killed one and raised the other to be a shitheel who got assassinated.

jett

D-Member
also i remember reading after he was cast that Euron might have been played by James Purefoy of Marc Antony from Rome fame

that would have been perfect and so much better than what we got ;_;

ce2f8fb2e4baa5b8d4329b1dce69aea7.gif

f2hvxK.gif

this motherfucker was so charismatic I was thinking of making a LTTP thread when I watched the series a few months ago just because of him (and how it's a shame he hasn't been in a role as big since)

Heh, he was also "fancast" as Mance Rayder.

By me anyway.

If you miss Rome you should catch John Carter, if only to pretend you're watching Space Rome.

John_Carter_James_Purefoy_Ciaran_Hinds_hitmfr.png

sangreal

If she learned about while hanging out across the continent in the Vale, everyone else knows too. Jon knew what was happening in Kings Landing and tried to desert, then served with the guy who carried out the betrayel. Sansa and Arya were both there. Tyrion has talked about it despite also being in the Vale at the time. Brienne served with Catelyn until Jaime's release etc. etc.

There isn't any reason to think people are ignorant of Littlefinger's treachery. Sansa is just a pragmatist and Jon has only actually met littlefinger once, this episode, and immediately showed his disdain

Melon Husk

Jon:
"You'll never have Sansa as long as I rule."
"The only path to Sansa is through me."
"I hope this has persuaded you from chasing her."

"So, just so we're clear, if you want Sansa, you know you have to deal with me first, right?."
"See you in a few weeks, bye. Sansa has all the power while I'm gone"

OrionX

I called the anti-dragon ballista a few pages back. I'll gladly accept my lordship now. They're just setting Dany up to lose this horribly aren't they?

Dany's fleet is in disarray if not already completed destroyed by that attack. Dorne is going to have to walk their asses hundreds of miles to king's landing which could take weeks or months. They'll be out of position by the time an impatient Dany and Lady "hurry-up-and-be-a-fucking-dragon" Olenna attack King's Landing. Without the Dornish, the Tyrells will probably be flanked by Lord Tarly.

Dany will probably bring her dragons straight into a volley of ballista arrows. Dead dragons means everyone is fucked. I have a feeling Cersei comes out on top of this somehow and the White Walkers just steamroll everyone in the end.

Things always look darkest before the dawn, which the Prince/Princess that was promised will supposedly bring, according to Melisandre at least. I mean when has she ever been... wrong...

rambis

Banned
I know Jon needs smooth talking Davos in regards to meeting Danny, but man, after seeing how Sansa is basically undercutting Jon at every possible moment I would have really left Davos in Winterfell to keep shit in check. Davos is basically the God of Common Sense

Looking forward to Sansa fucking everything up in Winterfell tbh

I see alot of people hating on Sansa but I don't think she's been wrong yet. Its odd they they are setting up situations similar to what Ned and Robb have faced and Jon is basically following their path, while Sansa's path basically represents a lesson they should've learned from in the past.

Also, as far as Davos, getting rid of the red witch seems to be the stupidest move yet if we agree that the Night King is the real threat. I guess its good that she's landed with Dany but what she did to Shireen is petty compared to her value. If Davos believes Jon about the dead army then they are way beyond the point of refusing help yet he lets his emotions guide him and exhiles her.

Sephzilla

I see alot of people hating on Sansa but I don't think she's been wrong yet. Its odd they they are setting up situations similar to what Ned and Robb have faced and Jon is basically following their path, while Sansa's path basically represents a lesson they should've learned from in the past.

Also, as far as Davos, getting rid of the red witch seems to be the stupidest move yet if we agree that the Night King is the real threat. I guess its good that she's landed with Dany but what she did to Shireen is petty compared to her value. If Davos believes Jon about the dead army then they are way beyond the point of refusing help yet he lets his emotions guide him and exhiles her.

Except Sansa is applying those lessons at the worst possible time. She still thinks they're playing the political game when Jon is more focused on stopping the zombie hoard that doesn't give two shits about who your allies and enemies are and hates everyone equally. Everything Sansa has done since they've taken Winterfell would essentially result in them creating more enemies and making no allies.

Vashetti

Banned
Kit's been doing something weird with his voice in the Winterfell hall scenes with all the lords and Sansa.

In this and the last episode. Just those scenes too. Odd.

Yeah, but there's a long way from threatening someone as a warning to do it out of the blue.

Mind you, Varys did try to get her killed, and had just told her he wouldn't follow her blindly.

Her burning Jon for no reason would be like her becoming her father, which they are toying with, but ever with a clear line she doesn't cross.

aBarreras

And the unsullied.

I mean, I may have to rewatch but I'm pretty sure it was both.

I mean, yeah.

I mean, that's just from memory.

I mean, this is all for you Valar Morghulis

i think that, they are trying to portray jaime as shit so when he finally turns on cersei it would be a big reveal or something

i mean, i totally see it coming

Cersei's children being dead is completely Cersei's fault though.

Poppycock. Joffrey being dead is Joffrey's fault, although perhaps you could say Cersei was a bad mother who raised a demon. But Joffrey died because he was a miserable shit with power. Tommen... that one's mostly on Cersei, either by letting the Faith Militant come into power and brainwash him in the first place, or by murdering everyone and causing him such grief he felt suicide was the only option. Myrcella... I don't see how you possibly hold Cersei accountable for Myrcella's death. Cersei didn't want her to go to Dorne in the first place, and it turns out she was right to be paranoid about that. Cersei deserves blame for a lot of bad actions on the show, but I wouldn't hold her accountable for her children's deaths.

Curufinwe

If she learned about while hanging out across the continent in the Vale, everyone else knows too. Jon knew what was happening in Kings Landing and tried to desert, then served with the guy who carried out the betrayel. Sansa and Arya were both there. Tyrion has talked about it despite also being in the Vale at the time. Brienne served with Catelyn until Jaime's release etc. etc.

There isn't any reason to think people are ignorant of Littlefinger's treachery. Sansa is just a pragmatist and Jon has only actually met littlefinger once, this episode, and immediately showed his disdain

All these people you mention weren't in the throne room when LF turned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom